Sign in to follow this  
Dame to Blame

John Halls off to the saints

Remember we wasted our cash on etuhu and now robinson, and have 2 world class right backs in the form of the untrustasble jurgen colin and the useless injury prone muppet that is MLJ.

Why is it that whenever anyone signs for just about anyone, it is "there goes another great player we''ve missed out on"?!  Nearly every time this happens, you never hear of the guy again.  If this guy is so good, why is it that only Southampton seem to have been in for him, and that he has only played 13 games for Stoke this season? 

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

Why is it that whenever anyone signs for just about anyone, it is "there goes another great player we''ve missed out on"?!  Nearly every time this happens, you never hear of the guy again.  If this guy is so good, why is it that only Southampton seem to have been in for him, and that he has only played 13 games for Stoke this season? 

[/quote]

Who knows why, Branston? All we do know is that it''s totally predictable, like dissing all our present players. Amusing to think that their attitude would have been the same if  it was Etuhu that had signed for another club, or Jarrett, or even ML-J.

Actually west ham and palace were chasing him at the start of the

season with palace putting in a 1.5 million bid and the reason he has

only played 13 times is 1 - he has been injured and 2 he has fallen out

with the management for handing in a transfer request so do a little

bit of research before you answer branston,  also no harm in

talking about players who are floating around and i happen to think the

guy is a good footballer and if i want to express my view i will

regardless of wether you like it or not .

[quote user="Old Boy"][quote user="Branston Pickle"]

[/quote]

Who knows why, Branston? All we do know is that it''s totally predictable, like dissing all our present players. Amusing to think that their attitude would have been the same if  it was Etuhu that had signed for another club, or Jarrett, or even ML-J.

[/quote]

As I keep saying oldboy - we arent scouts...... Maybe whoever scouted these crappers and told nigel to sign them should be sacked.. However Preston fans hated Etuhu, Forest fans say MLJ is good coming forward but dodgy defensively. I mean what more is their to say. I see we had one shot on target today and were generally outplayed by plymouth. Great

I was merely making a comment, as were you; it seems we disagree as we are perfectly entitled to....and if Halls is the sort of player you think we should sign then I feel we will disagreee quite often. 

As for research, 1. he hasn''t been injured that much, 13 games is all he''s played but been available for more; 2. falling out with the manager is not much of an excuse - if he was that good he''d be playing anyway.  The only links for him in the Summer were from rumour, nothing was cast iron, and we were linked with him but again, it amounted to nothing more than paper talk (I seem to recall Worthy mentioned him, that''s all).  Two of my best friends are Stoke fans, and they probably know more about it than either of us, and this was their opinion rather than mine!!

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]

I was merely making a comment, as were you; it seems we disagree as we are perfectly entitled to....and if Halls is the sort of player you think we should sign then I feel we will disagreee quite often. 

As for research, 1. he hasn''t been injured that much, 13 games is all he''s played but been available for more; 2. falling out with the manager is not much of an excuse - if he was that good he''d be playing anyway.  The only links for him in the Summer were from rumour, nothing was cast iron, and we were linked with him but again, it amounted to nothing more than paper talk (I seem to recall Worthy mentioned him, that''s all).  Two of my best friends are Stoke fans, and they probably know more about it than either of us, and this was their opinion rather than mine!!

[/quote]

His contract is up at the end of the season so the stoke boss has not been picking him (as much as he cant) Anyways Burley seems to be looking at signing a good player (along with idiakiz) its a shame worthy gets linked with the likes of Andy Gray......