Sign in to follow this  
The Priest

An article from th front page of Norwich City mad

According to the Daily Mirror, Robert Green is on the south coast discussing a £3million move to Fratton Park.

City keeper Rob Green may, despite all the to-ing and fro-ing, already be in Portsmouth discussing terms on a switch back to the Premiership.

Today''s Daily Mirror reports that Pompey''s spending will go over £10million this week with the capture of Green, adding to the £7million lavished in the direction of half the Spurs reserve team yesterday.

The Mirror''s John Cross reports that Green would strengthen the goalkeeping department in their bid to survive relegation, and could be pushed through in the next 48 hours.

Any comments

I think 3mil for Green would be good business considering some recent rumours have him leaving Norwich for 1.5 to 2mil.

I cant believe Tottenham recieved 7mil for their 3 reserve players.

[quote user="Canuck Canary"]

I think 3mil for Green would be good business considering some recent rumours have him leaving Norwich for 1.5 to 2mil.

I cant believe Tottenham recieved 7mil for their 3 reserve players.

[/quote]

Tottenham went for the buy shed loads of players and hope some are good transfer policy.

As it is, Martin Jol is so good a manager he actually signed shed loads of quality players!!!

£3m for Green is an even bigger rip off than £7m for Ashton, but this isnt money for nothing - I remain to be convinced that the other ''keepers can do a good job.

hand on heart greeno doesn''t look the same player of 2 years ago.  he''s still very good, but the something extra that made him special has gone - picking balls regulary from the back of the net hasn''t done him any favours.  remember robinson has a dogey season at leeds in their relegation year and since moving to spurs he''s looking the real deal and become englands undisputed no1. greeno may want to try the same route and i for one wouldn''t blame him.if we can get £3m thats a fair price for me - good luck greeno.

He''s lost his motivation. I think something has been said regarding to his England prospects along the line of "you won''t be going to Germany if you are playing in the Fizzy league"

If they have  offered 3 million than we should snap pompeys hand off because we need to strengthen there squad and we have ward who is a very good keeper. I will be sad to see green go because he''s been great foer us for 5 years and deserves another chance in the prem, unfortunately i cant see that they would have offered 3 million, i cant see us getting more than 2 million.

Manic depressive and ageing cynic that I am, is this £3M cash or £1M plus Linvoy ''old and crocked'' Primus and any one of ''Reggie'' Perrin''s abysmal buys from Eurpoe''s lower leagues?

Oh... and the £1M paid in instalments!

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]£3m for Green is an even bigger rip off than £7m for Ashton, but this isnt money for nothing - I remain to be convinced that the other ''keepers can do a good job.[/quote]

£7 million is not a rip off for Ashton. He''s one of the best young strikers in the country and is going to get better and better. You pay for potential as well as current skill hence why Walcott is valued at £10 million+!! You also have to look at worth to the club and lets face it, Ashton is worth a huge amount to Norwich!!