Sign in to follow this  
Robbo007

Player ratings vs Plymouth

After 13 hours round trip, a very average game, I post my ratings.

Green - 7. Couldn''t do much about the goal. Improved kicking, Solid game

Colin - 7. Best game i''ve seen him play for City. Again had no support from right midfield

Doherty - 7. Solid as a rock.

Fleming -7. Solid again, lack of pace showed a few times.

Etutu -6. Ineffective. Missed a good headed chance in the 1st half

Jarrett -7. Good game. Looks a better player thean when he left. Ran the midfield well. Did he go off injured??

Charton - 6. Not as good as recent games. What was he doing for the goal?!

Hendo - 6. Good second half, Never looked like scoring though

Ashton - 5. Went off "injured", didn''t do much, poor service

Hucks - 7*. Mom. Super goal, and looked only threatening player in the team.

subs - Hughes -5. Poor. Thorne - 6. Missed a good chance, but won more than ashton in the air

I would probably agree with that, although how Etuhu got 6 is strange. He is one of the laziest, unmotivated footballers I have seen in a long while. Obviously he has taken the mantle of replacing Francis a bit too literally.

Green - 7. Played well, made some good saves in the second half.

Colin - 7. Agree - he was pretty good, although the gaping hole in our "right midfield" didnt really help him much.

Doherty - 8. Cannot believe how much he has improved. I used to slate The Doc, but has been our best player by far this season.

Fleming -6. Ok, got caught out of position several times, and distribution wasnt great.

Etutu -3. Why oh why oh why did we sign him? Lazy and sh!t, never went out of the centre circle - could be @rsed to tackle, shoot,  move or pass forward. The furthest forward he got was to congratulate Hucks after he scored.

Jarrett -7. Played well - ran straight down the tunnel after getting subbed. Needs to get forward a bit more, and up his tempo, but looks miles better.

Charton - 5. Hit and miss. One great tackle would be followed by the worst pass. But having said that, when a left back is playing centre mid.....

Hendo - 7. Ran his socks off, looked sharp in the second half, but left Colin badly exposed in the first. Isnt a right midfielder.

Ashton - 6. I feel so sorry for one of the best talents in the league is reduced to getting balls lumped up to him. Few class touches but little else.

Hucks - 7. touched the ball about 4 times in the first half, but caused them all sorts of troubles in the second. Played really well.

Subs: Hughes - loved the "Jason" mask. As usual, he was rubbish. 5.  Thorne - 6. Didnt do much, won a couple of headers.

The most depressing thing for me was the lack of ideas going forward. The Plymouth goalie had nothing to do all afternoon, except for Hucks'' goal. but dont worry, I am not going to turn this into a "Worthy Out" rant. The whole tactics thing is bemusing, and sums up our complete absence of imagination currently at the club.

What was the deal with the guy getting kicked out at the back of the stand?

Irony....

On the one hand...

Doherty - 8. Cannot believe how much he has improved. I used to slate The Doc, but has been our best player by far this season.

Then.....

Etutu -3. Why oh why oh why did we sign him? Lazy, never went out of the centre circle - could be @rsed to tackle, shoot,  move or pass forward. The furthest forward he got was to congratulate Hucks after he scored.

Subs: Hughes - loved the "Jason" mask. As usual, he was rubbish.

I was sitting near that. I think he was smoking, and then gave some verbal to the stewards when they tried to stop him. He put up quite a fight though :-)

Long way to go to be ejected, lol

I was interested to see that The News Of the World gave Hucks a 9 rating and put him in their "team of the day". Mind you whether they really had anyone at the match is a different matter.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]I was interested to see that The News Of the World gave Hucks a 9 rating and put him in their "team of the day". Mind you whether they really had anyone at the match is a different matter.[/quote]

To be honest Stephen, his outstanding solo strike saved us from another dismal defeat to lesser opposition. Also he had another couple of dangerous runs in the second half.  Its a shame the entire midfield could barely create any chances......