Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Poll: Robinson Deal Set to go through! Good or Bad secision?

I will be honest here, I think Carl Robinson has been a positive influence on the side..  However do we really need this many central midfields?  Most of whom are decidedly Average.

Dickson Etuhu

Jason Jarrett

Andy Hughes

Rossi Jarvis

Carl Robinson

Youseff Safri

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED14%20Jan%202006%2012%3A06%3A12%3A100

For me its a BAD DECISION how many central midfield journeymen do we need?  I like him but surely the money could have been spent on a right midfielder - I guess thats where  Captain Clapper is now going to play....   I think a fair few of this squad are going to be on my hate list in a years time.....  what is going on at carrow road........

Good decision - think he is a much more effective player than he is given credit for (akin to Mike Phelan when he was here); our best run of the season happened with him in the side, and to me there is no doubt that he did have a +ve effect.

Average Championship player - will not add anything special to the squad. Poor decision when other areas on the pitch so desperately need strengthening.

He would have been a good buy if we hadnt have signed Dixon Whereareu (great aint it), but we cant afford to buy another average midfielder when we need to strengthen in other areas, if we are too add to the midfield we need to sign someone much better than what we have. We need a right winger, another striker (thornes crap and in case of injuries) and perhaps more cover at centre half.

Time will tell of course, but what I''ve seen of him ( before injury) he looked quite handy, therefore I think it''s a reasonable transaction by Worthy.

Awful decision. Another distinctly mediocre player. Just like Hughes, Jarrett, Etuhu, Thorne, etc. Well done, Worthington.

robinson is an average player and we simply have to many of them at the club. we need a right midfielder that will run up and down and whip in for ashton so he can keep his record as a 20 goal a season playerr

Another BAD decision. We shouldn''t be looking to sign average Championship midfielders unless they will provide very cheap cover for two quality first-teamers which, at present, we do not have.

A sound signing for me.  He is proven in this league (where, sadly,  we will be again next season) and our team plays far better when either he or safri is in the side.  He is deceptively good on the ball and rarely looses possession but is simply less visible in the effort stakes than most other players.

No, he is not a world beater but is better than anything we have seen from Etuhu, Jarrett or Hughes so far this season  with only JJ looking like he will ever push him for a place in the team alongside Safri.  Our midfield fell apart when he was subbed at the preston game.

Can we let a player go when he has had an impact on results when those remaining have no impact at all?   

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

A sound signing for me.  He is proven in this league (where, sadly,  we will be again next season) and our team plays far better when either he or safri is in the side.  He is deceptively good on the ball and rarely looses possession but is simply less visible in the effort stakes than most other players.

No, he is not a world beater but is better than anything we have seen from Etuhu, Jarrett or Hughes so far this season  with only JJ looking like he will ever push him for a place in the team alongside Safri.  Our midfield fell apart when he was subbed at the preston game.

Can we let a player go when he has had an impact on results when those remaining have no impact at all?   

[/quote]

I changed my mind and agree with you - he is better than what we have so is probably a GOOD SIGNING, thus improving chances of getting in the play offs (either this or next season) and reducing the chances of us seeing Etuhu disgrace the shirt again.

I have resigned myself to not seeing any decent players from Div 1 turning up here now. I have resigned myself to an awful norwich city untill worthy is gone.

[quote user="ZippersLeftFoot"]

[/quote]

Agree with what you say ZLF to a point.

He would be a useful adddition to the squad. However, I wouldn''t want to see any money for him changing hands, after all in his 9 previous moves, no one else has paid a penny for him.

What''s that you say? Worthy won''t waste our money?

Etuhu, Hughes Oh!

Just kidding ZLF