Sign in to follow this  
philbuzz

Cardiff and their Spending!!

Can someone explain to me how Cardiff keep signing people, when they are supposed to be in financial turmoil. Didn''t the F.A lend them some money as well to stay afloat?? They have signed Scimeca,Thompson and Ndumbu-Nsunqu not to mention the loan players they have Koumas,Glenn Loovens, Ricketts. Surely their wages must be high?? Just a bit depressing seeing all these other teams sign players when all the transfer gossip around norwich is players leaving our already depleted squad!!!

Phil

They shipped out a few high earners to other clubs crazy enough to take them, thank god we weren''t one of them.......what?.....oh

[quote user="ncfc4prem"]They shipped out a few high earners to other clubs crazy enough to take them, thank god we weren''t one of them.......what?.....oh[/quote]ridgeman - i have a feeling, not sure but i think this might have been something called sarcasm! and i think he might have been sarcastically inferring about Thorne... my godConfused [8-)], some people

NOUN:Inflected forms: pl. i·ro·nies
1a. The use of words to express something different from and often opposite to their literal meaning. b. An expression or utterance marked by a deliberate contrast between apparent and intended meaning. c. A literary style employing such contrasts for humorous or rhetorical effect. See synonyms at wit1. 2a. Incongruity between what might be expected and what actually occurs: “Hyde noted the irony of Ireland''s copying the nation she most hated” (Richard Kain). b. An occurrence, result, or circumstance notable for such incongruity. See Usage Note at ironic. 3. Dramatic irony. 4. Socratic irony

I think that you will find Pete, that I was actually pointing out the original irony of Ridgemans'' post. Everyone else read it that way, so maybe it should be you who gets your dictionary out