Sign in to follow this  
YGB

most hated and most loved

i was wondering which 5 players would get into the 5 most hated and the 5 most loved norwich players in the last 10 year here are my suggestions

LOVED: Iwan, Gunn, Hucks, Malky and Bellamy

HATED: Marshall, Easton, Benjamin, Brennan and Bradshaw

Your opinion?

Loved: Deano, Nedergaard, Svensson, Gunn, Nielsen

Disliked (hate is such a strong word!): Thorne, Mckenzie, Bentley, Marshall, Easton

LOVED:  Hucks, Fleck, Eadie, Iwan, Bellamy

HATED:  Llewellyn, Carey, Sutch, Keith Scott, Andy Marshall

(Ask me again in a couple of years and there is a high possibility that some of the current squad will be in the hated list.)

Loved 1.Fleck  2.Crook 3.hucks 4.bellamy 5.Eadie

Hated 1.Francis 2.Francis 3.Francis 4.Francis 5.Marshall

Oh did i mention that I HATE FRANCIS!!!!!!!!!!!.

Thank you i''m done now just going to go and take my medication.

If last 10 years only:

Loved:

Fleck (I think he just squeezes in)

Iwan

Malky

Hux

Nedergaard

Hated

Marshall

Walsh

Kenton

Keith O''Neill

Bentley

Beno27 why do you hate Leon? I have always felt McKenzie is your raw passion, running and energy that is needed in matches. His enthusiasm and fight are clear to see. Yes he can lack sharpness but he is a great contrast to what we offer up front, he scored goals in the Premier League, remember his debut against Ipswich, he gives 200% ... I think a fit McKenzie this season would see us within the playoffs by now. So what has made you put him down as one of your most hated Norwich players? 

Loved: Iwan, Gunny, Ruel Fox, Francis (Will probably get slaughterd for that) and Sutton

Hated: Neilsen, Abbey, Carey, Ottosson, O''Neill, i can list a few more including Judas but wont

jas :)

Thanks Coney, well said!

Anyhoo, i''ll try and justify my point:

Mckenzies 2005:

Games : 37
Goals : 7

corners won: 35!!! league average for strikers was just 11, all he ever does is run it to the corners! watch him next time he manages to get fit for a game, i think he plays for corners!

Dean Ashtons 2005:

played:40

Goals:27

in just 3 more games ashton scored 20 more goals, I think that calculates to deano being about 4 times the player leon is, you do the maths. harsh to compare him to the best player ive seen playing for norwich but i''ll bet mcveigh has a much better record if we consider assists (mckenzie got 3) hes played midfield a lot too.

Leon has passion yes, but you could put me on that pitch and i''d play with passion and give 200%, and i still wouldnt be any good, however I''m 15 and would have a chance to get better, Leon is 28 and in his ''prime''. a good game against ipswich has secured his future by the looks of things, sounds like worthys way of judging players to me.

Sorry Beno27, but you''ve tried to justify your point with selective statistics. I''m not saying you are lying, but i''f you compare Leon''s and Ashton''s Premiership record, since Ashton joined, it reads very similar:

McKenzie -  On Pitch for 1390 minutes, 6 goals scored. at an average of a goal every 221 minutes.

Ashton     - On pitch for 1451 minutes, 7 goals scored at an average of a goal every 207 minutes

So this makes Deano about 6% better than Leon. Hardly 4 times.

Mckenzie has a good record (at Peterborough and in the fizzy league), works his socks off for the club. and so to call him hated is pretty pathetic imo.

I don''t hate anyone, but my list of liked and disliked goes....

Liked:  1. Eadie. 2. Hucks. 3. Malkay. 4. Flem. 5. A.Johnson (many people forget he was a top player when with us)

Disliked. 1. Megson. 2. Sutch. 3. Llewellyn. 4.Coote. 5.Akinbiyi

[quote user="Robbo007"]

Sorry Beno27, but you''ve tried to justify your point with selective statistics. I''m not saying you are lying, but i''f you compare Leon''s and Ashton''s Premiership record, since Ashton joined, it reads very similar:

McKenzie -  On Pitch for 1390 minutes, 6 goals scored. at an average of a goal every 221 minutes.

Ashton     - On pitch for 1451 minutes, 7 goals scored at an average of a goal every 207 minutes

So this makes Deano about 6% better than Leon. Hardly 4 times.

Mckenzie has a good record (at Peterborough and in the fizzy league), works his socks off for the club. and so to call him hated is pretty pathetic imo.

I don''t hate anyone, but my list of liked and disliked goes....

Liked:  1. Eadie. 2. Hucks. 3. Malkay. 4. Flem. 5. A.Johnson (many people forget he was a top player when with us)

Disliked. 1. Megson. 2. Sutch. 3. Llewellyn. 4.Coote. 5.Akinbiyi

[/quote]

at no point did i say i hated mckenzie, not being able to reads pathetic too

"Sorry Beno27, but you''ve tried to justify your point with selective statistics. I''m not saying you are lying, but i''f you compare Leon''s and Ashton''s Premiership record, since Ashton joined, it reads very similar"

that not selective then??

Ladies, calm down.

I am really disappointed that some of the "hated" players listed have done NOTHING at all wrong to Norwich City or their fans.

I mean, Easton? What did he do that was to hate? Abbey? Notman? Sutch? McKenzie?!

Ok, hating the gits like Marshall, Kenton, O''Neill and so on that took liberties with the club is fair game, but half of these players did nothing wrong except being picked by inept managers.

It wasn''t really their fault, was it?

I''m just saying that you cannot compare the two players on their goal record when you''ve counted a 89th minute sub appearance by McKenzie as an equivalent to a whole 90th minute appearance by Ashton.

Um, no, it isn''t selective. I am comparing the two records, given that they are both strikers, playing against the same opposition. You can hardly include the fizzy league stats as Leon has been injured most of the season.

Ps. Ashton''s haul includes a penalty, so does that now make Leon a better player? Wink [;)]

Hated

andy Marshall - Scum factor

kenton - leaving on a free, cocky git.

Derveld - Met him once and was a miserable git. Crap as well.

Diop - For being a muppett

rioch/Hamilton - Useless managers

Liked

huckerby , Mcveigh , green, bellamy (best talent to come through academy for years,), Iwan, Mackay and nedergaard. I had too have 7 because nedergaard and mackay were suchgreat people and very good players.

Sorry Beno and Coney! I didn''t mean to sound fierce if thats how my posting came across! I was only asking you what made you so anti-Leon out of interest because I was so surprised by him being in your bottom five. Thanks for the explanation I appreciate your point but still have to say I am a bit of a Leon fan personally.

Sorry for any offence ... none intended

Never Mind the Danger

My list:

Liked: Bryan Gunn, Mark Bowen, Ian Crook, Mark Robins and David Phillips

Disliked: Darren Beckford, Tony Cottee, Steve Walsh, Keith Scott, Kevin Scott.

Check out the latest transfer rumours, 7 premiership teams want mackenzie! 7 million quid ive heard.

Do you watch the matches mate?

Just to clear 1 thing up, i never said i hated anyone, there are only one or two footballers i hate and none have played for Norwich.

Robbie Savage springs to mind.

eadie, ewan, sutton, bruce and phelan

sutch,victor segura ,abbey,blades and rivers

how about players that had a shot at both lists    kenton,wayne biggins,lee marshall,francis and gary holt

[quote user="Konstantin Pobedonostsev"]

Sorry Beno and Coney! I didn''t mean to sound fierce if thats how my posting came across! I was only asking you what made you so anti-Leon out of interest because I was so surprised by him being in your bottom five. Thanks for the explanation I appreciate your point but still have to say I am a bit of a Leon fan personally.

Sorry for any offence ... none intended

Never Mind the Danger

[/quote]

none caused mate

[quote user="Robbo007"]

I''m just saying that you cannot compare the two players on their goal record when you''ve counted a 89th minute sub appearance by McKenzie as an equivalent to a whole 90th minute appearance by Ashton.

Um, no, it isn''t selective. I am comparing the two records, given that they are both strikers, playing against the same opposition. You can hardly include the fizzy league stats as Leon has been injured most of the season.

Ps. Ashton''s haul includes a penalty, so does that now make Leon a better player? Wink [;)]

[/quote]

Maybe if mckenzie was any good he wouldnt get 89th minute sub appearances