Sign in to follow this  
gorberzncfc

ashton to go and jerome and mcsheffry in

deano is off to west ham!!! jerome and mcsheffry to join us!!! this is genuine information from a employee of munby. i am not trying to stir things up or bring back old news but this is what i hav been told will happen

Absolute tripe .If  we  sell  Ashton Worthington will  more than likely get in a run of the mill striker for £450,000 and the rest of the money will vanish . Prudence with Prudence , get used to this Division where here for another 9 years.

I''ve just got back from the game, stopped for a break at the same Hotel the team coach was at, some of the players had left cars there & were making their own way to their respective weekend destinations, anyway, they didn''t seem too interested in talking, but I did notice Munby on his mobile phone, and overheard the words "...well, I''ll make sure I''m at the ground tomorrow, but tell Foster to call me if he can''t make it...."

Someone who had been chatting with the players reckoned Foster is the name of Gary McSheffrey''s agent, and that they are looking to thrash out a deal tomorrow so he can be signed by midday on Monday, apparantly McSheffrey wants to come here, and was royally peed off with Adams saying he wasn''t for sale.

...see, look how easy it is!

(the above is completely made up and written to show how easy it is for people, such as the first poster on this thread to come out with what sounds like a plausible story!)

Certainly the posturing has been such that this could be a possibility; a Sunday paper is also saying we are ''mulling over a 7million bid'' from them. 

West Ham are certainly a potential venue for Ashton - they have very old legs in Sheringham, and maybe see him as a replacement;

On the Norwich side of things, Worthy could have easily put the names of Jerome and McSheffrey out into the ether to judge the supporter response on places like here, incase we received the ''crazy'' fee we are after.  By my reckoning the responses have been pretty good, so it is not beyond the realms of possibility that we have pencilled them in as replacements should we get that ''acceptable'' fee for Ashton - be it from West Ham or someone else.

Time will tell, I guess

And how many people have heard it from various sources that he''s going here, and he''s going there.  They can''t all be reliable sources!  Until I see it on the official canaries website I''m not going to believe any of it!

Oh I heard from a reliable source that a player might be signig for a club sometime in the next 2 weeks, tis true![*-)]

The McSheffrey thing won''t happen, i know his brother and he told me Wigan are sniffing around if they don''t get Ashton.  He is a local boy and wouldn''t leave the club for another Championship team and that''s all we are at the moment!

Why is this "tripe"?

Worthy has been told that mot of what comes infrom player  sales he will be allowed to reinvest into the squad. Now if weve been offered 7 million for ashton, there is  a chance that we will accept it. Now Jerome i reckon will be available for around 3 million and the only other club in this league who could afford him is southampton if walcot leaves. There doesnt seem to be any prem clubs in for him at the moment. Mcsheffery wouldnt cost any more than 1.5 million i reckon because of covs financial trouble and so we could afford them both with cash to spare.

You must have heard it wrong - NW is looking at JEREMY Dullard (a hard working central midfielder who very rarely gets past the half way line and currently plays for Peterborough Big Lads FC and is cheap), and Matt Sheffry a lightning quick striker who plays for Scottish amateur runners-up, Albion Celtic. Okay he has been injured for three out of the past four seasons and has only scored once this season but NW can see potential (he runs around a lot and ''gets stuck in'')

i have heard that for a long time, mcsheffrey to be new right winger! i wouldnt be too dismissive guys

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]i have heard that for a long time, mcsheffrey to be new right winger! i wouldnt be too dismissive guys[/quote]

Well as coventry fans say he playes left wing and up front (and is better up front) then yep he probably is worthingtons target for right midfield........

They reckon he is worth 750,000 - 1 million no more too

[quote user="Stevie"]

And how many people have heard it from various sources that he''s going here, and he''s going there.  They can''t all be reliable sources!  Until I see it on the official canaries website I''m not going to believe any of it!

Oh I heard from a reliable source that a player might be signig for a club sometime in the next 2 weeks, tis true![*-)]

[/quote]

well we are aparently signing robinson....

as for ashton going, go eat your cake and wait till the transfer window has gone to see deano is still here....

an "employee of munby" is hardly going to be privy to the goings on at Carrow road are they????

I work for Tescos and its like me saying "i am an employee of the managing director and we are merging with Sainsburys"

anyway, how do you know this person???? how do u know they work for munby??? yu could meet me in a pub and i could tell u that i work for munby and know all things Norwich and if u believe me, then that makes u very Naive

jas :)

I know someone who works for Roger Munby, and they have no idea at all of any club dealings.

I think he and his staff are far too professional to let things get out in this way. But then we all love rumours don''t we?