Sign in to follow this  
YankeeCanary

This Season Is Trouble On Tyneside - Next Season East Anglian Madness

It''s not only the climate that''s going crazy in this world ( how''s the weather in your region?). Three Tyneside clubs in the Premiership and with more than half the season completed, these three teams combined have 7 points less than Chelsea has alone. Yes you say, but Chelsea has the Russian''s money. That''s true, but there are lots of teams other than Chelsea for the Tynesider''s to play. Yesterday, Middlesbrough concede seven goals to Arsenal, Sunderland has 10 points less than even Norwich had at the same stage last season and the Sunderland chairman refuses to be drawn into speculation about the future of Mick McCarthy ( reading between the lines, he might as well have printed the pink slip in the newspaper ), tabloid talk quotes Mr. Ericksson as saying while Michael Owen is not happy at Newcastle he''s there for the money. Newcastle lose at Fulham....has Graham Souness really got much time left as manager? The football folks in Tyneside have got to be wondering why the football gods are against them.

What craziness can we expect in East Anglia next season? Will Norwich and Ipswich find themselves halfway through the season scrambling several points behind Southend and Colchester, with the directors of Norwich and Ipswich frantically calling Anglia TV to try and get equal coverage ( THAT''s RIGHT, just equal ) to teams that can barely pull more than five or six thousands fans into the ground. It won''t happen you say? Maybe not, but it''s a long way removed from being impossible, right? Then what diabolical rhetoric will our beloved message board be filled with. The moderators will be doing nothing but eliminating expletives. Even Dicky ( dare I call him Squit? ) will be after Worthy''s head and I''ll be calling for patience. I need to get my head straight....perhaps Mello Yello will tell me what he''s drinking when he feels like this.

Sorry to be pedantic, but to be geographically correct you should have entitled this thread: Trouble in the North East. Why? Sunderland is classed as Wearside and Middlesbrough is on the Tees, so only Newcastle can be classed as Tyneside. Sorry to be a bore, but I think the distinction is important enough to point out.

No geography lesson YC, I do know most of you Septic Tanks couldn''t find Europe on a map.  Suspect this might not apply to you.

Your nightmare scenario re Southend/Colchester getting all media attention is alreadt true, as Luton are now getting the lion''s share of media attention on Anglia TV and Look East.  Norwich and Ipswich receive markedly less media attention.

Mike Newell is also a media darling, but given Worthy''s monosyllabilic responses to media questions he has no competition in that area.

When the going gets tough Yankee, I have a few tankards of fine blue meth''s on the rocks. It''s the food of the "SODS!"

I am a Native of the North East........a ''Monkey Hanger!'' (work that one out!) and the football in all the Pro'' leagues ''ha''way'' up there - is suffering horrendously at the mo''. It''s true that ''daarn ''ere'' Lootin'' are receiving media exposure but, I think that''s to do with Mr Newell and his bung allegations!

I''m actually more worried about the prospective fall in attendance''s at NCFC, that may surface, if we  fail to get anything out of this season......;~(

As belligerent as I feel toward the situation currently occuring at "Stonehenge Carra Rud!" My cheque is ready for the amount to pay insert- coupled with my signature..........for anuvver season in the "Cafe-heed-u-all Loungers!".......I''m like a cart without a horse not having any football!......I try to be strong!.......whimper, sob.............blubber.......but, it''s like, so difficult.......Waaaaaaaahh! ;~( 

OTBC ;~)