Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

If we're going to sell Ashton please sell him NOW!

I am a big Ashton fan and will be very angry with Worthy and the board if Ashton is sold but if we are going to accept an offer please can we do it asap so we actually have time to bring in some quality with the money before the window shuts. I''m really worried we are going to end up selling Ashton and Green so late in the transfer window that we can''t use the money and then we are going to be in serious trouble!!

I hate to say it, but these are wise words.

However, the chances are if we sold Aston today, Worthington still

wouldn''t buy quailty to replace him.  We''ll probably end up with 2

or 3 more £500k over the hill journey men!

the reason we didn''t buy a decent striker like deano or crouch before the start of the prem season was because worthy said city wouldn''t pay inflated prices.  was it better value to get relegated though?if we sell deano, even for 7m, we''d have to pay through the nose for land someone like jerome.

What quality do you think we are going to bring in ? we are a mid table Championship side whos promotion prospects are very very slim to nil . Why would Jerome for instance sign for us ? Cardiff have signed better players than us this season and look just as likely to make the play offs.The Premiership season is gone , the chance to add quality was in the summer when we looked as if we had prospects , now its crystal clear to all but the KTF mob that we are going nowhere .

hi you canaries , west ham fan here .. not come to gloat or nothing , i actualy like norwich and if i wasnt a hammer i would watch you , nice city  , and your ground and atmosphere is always good if i recall  , do you think deano will be sold ? is 7 mill a decent price for him , and in your minds is he worth it ? ps hope you finish above them suffolk **** !!

hello hammer,

ashton belongs in a side that plays decent, passing to feet football.

he is not at his best in a championship side that too often reverts to

long ball stuff. he''s not a target man, despite his size. we played it

along the deck better when we were in the prem and you saw how he got

on then.

he''s also a bit distracted at the moment and possibly still injured

(troublesome groin injury that never seems to quite heal properly).

he''d do well in your side, don''t worry about that.

as for whether he''s worth 7m, well it''s a lot of cash, but to be

honest, if someone delivers, especially goals, he''s worth pretty much

whatever you pay for him right?  everyone said 17m was silly money

for owen but if it weren''t for his injuries there''d be little doubt

that he''d be considered a good buy because the boy delivers time and

time again. even now, a fit owen is still the difference between a

potent newcastle side and a frankly inept one! you guys experienced

that first hand as i recall!

having said all that, i don''t reckon you''ll get him - not before the summer at least!

thanks for your views a1 , interesting read , yes i agree with what you said and yes owen was a handful!! , i dont reckon we will get ashton either .. main reason terence brown !!! but i would love to see him at up , wish you boys the best for the rest of the season .. " lets be having you " !! your lot is always welcome in the east end

[quote user="claretnblue"]

hi you canaries , west ham fan here .. not come to gloat or nothing , i actualy like norwich and if i wasnt a hammer i would watch you , nice city  , and your ground and atmosphere is always good if i recall  , do you think deano will be sold ? is 7 mill a decent price for him , and in your minds is he worth it ? ps hope you finish above them suffolk **** !!

[/quote]

Yep, 7 million is a bargain.  He is an intelligent player who can finish - not great pace, good at heading towards goal.  Not the best when the ball is lumped at him - as we are doing this season.  Better than Harewood or Zamora - and a different type of player.

Please dont buy him till worthy is gone, otherwise he will spend the money on more crap players for us

Happy Hammer,

Answer an emphatic no, he must be a proven striker for that money.  £5m would be tops and for that you could get Benny McCarthy.

Don''t expect my fellow Canaries to back me up, Deano has attracted hero status at Carrow Rd, which in my opinion he has done little to merit.

If Pards has bid £7m his arm should be torn off. Crewe percentage of sell on a fly in the ointment.  How about Zamora as makeweight.

West Ham fear £7m deal for Ashton will fail

By Jason Burt

Published: 17 January 2006

West Ham United were last night still waiting to hear whether they have succeeded in a £7m bid for Norwich City''s Dean Ashton.

The Premiership club are also closing in on a loan deal for Barcelona''s 26-year-old midfielder, Gabri.

West Ham are understood to have submitted several offers for Ashton,

who has been courted by a host of Premiership clubs but is keen to move

to Upton Park. It is now believed that West Ham have met Norwich''s

valuation of the striker, but that the club''s board may be reluctant to

sell.

West Ham fear that, despite the size of their bid, it may be a dead

deal and are pursuing other options as they try to increase their

number of strikers.

West Ham have made no secret of their admiration of Ashton, but

felt that Norwich wanted too much money, especially for a 22-year-old

player who, despite his success since his £3m move from Crewe Alexandra  what you guys think ?

Yes that seems fair,but i wouldn''t say that Ashton was keen on a move to WH as he has said he wants to stay but if the club wants to sell him theres not alot he can do????.

I don''t think he will be sold as you have said the large price is putting clubs off ,could it be for once that our board are going to stick to their guns and not sell one of our star players??.

Only time will tell.