Sign in to follow this  
0peteddMMyyyy0Falseen-USTrue

Worthys transfer record the other side

Much has been written about Worthys extremely poor record in the purchase of players.  However it also extends to the sale of players, receiging fees for City players leaving are a thing of the past.  Granted not too many merited sizeable fees Worthy is happy to give players away to get rid of them.  Neilsen comes to mind and I am sure there are many others I shall let you remind me.

However with the return of Malky a splendid servant discarded too readily, I am reminded about the way Matt Jackson who I always rated was quickly shown the door and is now turning out for Wigan in the Prem.  I know if Matt had stayed Malky probably wouldn''t have got his chance, perhaps Malky and Matt would have been better than Fleming, alas we''ll never know.

Another WO bias towards events, Neilsen left because his wife had been offered a job and after Jackson left we had the central defensive pairing that got us promoted, that we do know.  

[quote user="pete"]

Much has been written about Worthys extremely poor record in the purchase of players.  However it also extends to the sale of players, receiging fees for City players leaving are a thing of the past.  Granted not too many merited sizeable fees Worthy is happy to give players away to get rid of them.  Neilsen comes to mind and I am sure there are many others I shall let you remind me.

However with the return of Malky a splendid servant discarded too readily, I am reminded about the way Matt Jackson who I always rated was quickly shown the door and is now turning out for Wigan in the Prem.  I know if Matt had stayed Malky probably wouldn''t have got his chance, perhaps Malky and Matt would have been better than Fleming, alas we''ll never know.

[/quote]

thats a pretty rubbish post mate.  Malky should never have been let go with no replacement lined up....  I will give you that however.