Sign in to follow this  
Garth Crooks is a

Would this team have won promotion???

comprised of worthy rejects and players who could have been bought with more effort/desire  -- instead loads of cr&p loan signings and poor deals to produce a below average championship side (ie -4 goal difference)

Matty Fryatt (only £300k)         Paul Hayes

Hucks   (only good signing)   Mulryne                                     Koumas          Rivers (a right winger!!)

Ryan Taylor   (1/2m)           Ward (wonders @ palace)         MacKay          Edworthy

Ward

Its an ok team. 

We have a firm base of good championship players at norwich 

Green, Drury, Doherty, Fleming, Huckerby, Safri, Mcveigh, Ashton

how about (and i havent given this any thought)

Matty Fryatt (only £300k)         Doyle (nominal) 

Hucks (only good signing)   Miller   (loan)                  Koumas (loan)         Glenn Little (100,000)

Ryan Taylor   (1/2m)           Ward (wonders @ palace)         MacKay (free)         Edworthy (free)

Ward

I am astonished Safri does not feature in these line-ups. He''s easily

one of the best centre mids in this league. And I believe the Ward of

Palace is one were interested in and were beaten to ala Morrison. Lets

not forget our largest cash injection (Francis) came a little late and

we had already missed out on some good buys.

Hux is our only decent signing????? What about Safri, Docherty, ASHTON?

Quite frankly the team you have put up there would be candidates for relegation.

There is no way I would rather have Fryett or Hayes above Ashton.  Both are unproven at this level, Fryett could prove to be £300k wasted for all we know. 

Rivers and Mulryne????? You want a team that contains a Crewe and Cardiff reserve players?  As for pairing Mulryne and Koumas, that would only ever work if you were nominating it for "laziest central" midfield combination ever.

Edworthy and Mackay are on their way down and there is no future with them, what is so wrong with letting players go who have peaked and are only going to get worse?

Ryan Taylor and Darren Ward could have been signed with a bit more effort?  Really?  We made offers, what more could Worthy do? Unless you could explain how YOU would persuade a player (with a family) already London to move to Norwich instead of staying in London and going to Palace?  How would you persuade Ryan Taylor to join us over Premiership Wigan?  Maybe you should apply for a job at the club because you make it sound so easy?

I have to say this is one of the most pathetic "Worthy Bashing" posts I have read and I''m a "Worthy Outer"!

"As for pairing Mulryne and Koumas, that would only ever work if you were nominating it for "laziest central" midfield combination ever."

how about a midfield 3 of Koumas Mulryne and Etuhu - You then have Lazy, Fat and Crap all in the same midfield!!!

"Edworthy and Mackay are on their way down and there is no future with them, what is so wrong with letting players go who have peaked and are only going to get worse?" 

you only let them go if you can replace them with better...  not worse!!

I fail to see how Doherty & Shackell aren''t better than Mackay!!!  Before we let him go, everyone I spoke to said he was a complete Donkey who just hooved it, and that Fleming was the better centre half.  Edworthy was well past his prime, and I think given time Jurgen Colin will be better.

Again, in the summer, other clubs were after Etuhu and iirc, people on boards (maybe not here) were saying we should sign him.  And now, based on a few less than brilliant performances while the entire team was awful, we''re signing him off as crap.  Reminds me of last season and Doherty tbh, and that was hardly fair.

OTBC!

Chunky

Before i saw him play, based on a few appearances at carrow road for Preston- yes i thought he looked good - big strong powerful - even though we thrashed them in both games.

Having seen him play for us, in the first game yes he looked big strong viera like figure, but had a quiet game. 7 quiet games later looking big strong and viera like!!! NO THANKS - the most lazy unmotivated loan player i have seen.

Etuhu looks like a big strong powerful player to run the midfield - but looks can be deceiving.

As for Doherty - at least he was NEVER lazy.  Shackell is ok - hopefully he will be a good centre half.  Malky was a leader, in the dressing room and on the park - it can make a huge difference, And Malky was NEVER Lazy.

I fail to see how you can judge a player after 7 games (I''m assuming you''re correct on that, I have no idea how many games he''s played).  You can''t judge any player after that many games, let alone a midfielder who, I''d wager, hasn''t had the same partner or formation for any more than 4 of those games?!

Everyone is looking for a quick fix, the only one I can think of is convincing Jose Morinho to loan us his entire reserve squad!  We''ve bought in new players, especially in midfield and its bound to be a bit sketchy until the team get used to playing together.  I think, in Etuhu and Safri we have two midfielders who are above average in this league, and together with one from Hughes or Robinson, we''ll be moving somewhere.  We were never going to be able to replace Francis easily or quickly, he was a quality player, and we can''t afford to spend a million replacing him straight out (the old debate of one million-pound player versus two 500k players).

As for a leader, I''d agree that is one thing we''ve been missing since Malky left, but I don''t think that in the premiership he''d have been up to it.  I think this is another problem that will develop its own fix over time, I''ve seen the difference a leader makes in teams, but usually, given time, a new one can emerge.

OTBC!

Chunky