Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Huckerby suffering from Glandular fever

It wouls appear Hucks was suffering from a mild form of Glandular feaver - It would certainly explain why he has got knackered so much recently!!

Doesnt this normally last a long time?? Obviously he had a milder variant, it does take away your energy...

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202006%2019%3A32%3A40%3A250

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

It wouls appear Hucks was suffering from a mild form of Glandular feaver - It would certainly explain why he has got knackered so much recently!!

Doesnt this normally last a long time?? Obviously he had a milder variant, it does take away your energy...

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage
&itemid=NOED15%20Jan%202006%2019%3A32%3A40%3A250

[/quote]

Check this out ! 

http://www.medinfo.co.uk/conditions/glandularfever.html

A " kissing disease "   !    I just can`t go on  LOL [:P]

In relation to Hucks getting glandular fever, this is indeed a nasty little condition - I got it once when in my late teens, it used to be known as a kissing disease as mostly young people got it - it''s passed on by close physical contact!!  Say no more....

It''s a bit like a mild dose of ME - or a case of real flu, not man flu, ie cold.  I was very physically fit when I contracted it, but after a couple of days, could hardly walk or do anything and was basically hospitalised (I was in the RAF at the time) - it took me about two months to really get back to normal.  It is said that once you  have had this condition you are always then more likely to pick up other similar conditions, flu, ME, other debilitating illnesses like that, although I have never seemed to do so.

If Hucks, or any other athlete gets it, you can depend on them not feeling 100% fit, although if Hucks has felt pretty low for a long time I am surprised a blood test wasn''t done before, even if he walked into his own GPs and got one there.

Might go to explain why he was reported to feeling tired earlier on in the season.

[quote user="gazzathegreat"]

In relation to Hucks getting glandular fever, this is indeed a nasty little condition - I got it once when in my late teens, it used to be known as a kissing disease as mostly young people got it - it''s passed on by close physical contact!!  Say no more....

It''s a bit like a mild dose of ME - or a case of real flu, not man flu, ie cold.  I was very physically fit when I contracted it, but after a couple of days, could hardly walk or do anything and was basically hospitalised (I was in the RAF at the time) - it took me about two months to really get back to normal.  It is said that once you  have had this condition you are always then more likely to pick up other similar conditions, flu, ME, other debilitating illnesses like that, although I have never seemed to do so.

If Hucks, or any other athlete gets it, you can depend on them not feeling 100% fit, although if Hucks has felt pretty low for a long time I am surprised a blood test wasn''t done before, even if he walked into his own GPs and got one there.

Might go to explain why he was reported to feeling tired earlier on in the season.

Doesn`t say a lot for the team doctor  , does it ?    but also  says a lot about Hucks  that he soldiered on  , even though he felt like crap !      sort of  makes those whimps  we have in the team   that are permanently injured  look even sicker ! , and that applies also to his knockers , who`ve been mouthing off   about him " losing pace "  ,  " one season wonder "   and the rest of the  crud .....   !! 

[/quote]

Well I never!

I honestly thought that Huckerby, was just suffering from ''Delusions of Glandular!''    ''sorry''....... ;~) 

Why exactly are some of you whinging about Hucks? Run out of other

targets, surely not. He''s a great player, sometimes inconsistent of

course, but give the guy a break.  I''ve had glandular fever and

it''s no joke, it also often reoccurs at a milder level, so he may have

just had that.