Sign in to follow this  
Rossi

keeping ya gob shut

i read somewhere this week that some of the Prem teams fine their players if they are given yellow cards for dissent. i think it''s a great idea, and if we were to implement it maybe Hucks would stop picking up so many yellow cards - I think its 1 red and 6 yellows - for what ??? (He may even create enough money to bring in more players!)

as a ref in kids football i hate being told to go forth and reproduce - but they seem to think its the thing to do because their hero does it.

what''s the general opinion ?

good point and good idea! worthy must be so frustatred with huckerby for this

however, a player on the pitch would sadly not think about the fine before he speaks and say it anyway, its in his genes if u like and you cant change it, but yeah might as well raise some cash in the meanwhile!

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

i read somewhere this week that some of the Prem teams fine their players if they are given yellow cards for dissent. i think it''s a great idea, and if we were to implement it maybe Hucks would stop picking up so many yellow cards - I think its 1 red and 6 yellows - for what ??? (He may even create enough money to bring in more players!)

as a ref in kids football i hate being told to go forth and reproduce - but they seem to think its the thing to do because their hero does it.

[/quote]

Whereas I agree that  , never to my knowledge , has any referee ever changed his decision   because he`s surrounded by players screaming in his face , that you should single out Hucks  for your bile is , to say the least , a bit unfair !     this is a player to whom the only way defenders can stop , is to kick the legs from under him !    if this happened to you on a regular basis   I don`t doubt    you would be right in there  , arguing the toss with the ref  !!   especially if you KNEW that the ref  had missed [ or ignored ]  an obvious foul .......

Hucks is , generally speaking,  the best player we have,    his skill level is way above the rest of the team ,   and if he wasn`t a family man , who wants his kids to grow in a settled atmosphere , he would be head hunted by many prem teams !!     believe me !! 

There are  a certain  number of posters on this board  who seem to like having a go at Hucks , I wonder why ?    maybe they want league one  football ?? [6]

When the kids do tell you to "go forth and multiply" do you send them off?

Are you even allowed to send them off in kids footy or is this seens as

discriminating against those who are unable to articulte themselves in

any other way?

Mind you, seeing the way some of the parents behave in kiddy''s footy,

I''d think twice before sending someone off.  If they don''t beat

you up, they''ll probably sue you for defmation of character or some

such codswallop.  At least they have stewards in the professional

game.

My lad plays in an under 6/7s league and they won a game convincingly

the other day (11-0).  The parents of the losing side rounded on

their coaches and expressed a few choice words that I haven''t even

heard against Worthy on this board (although if you go to Wrath of the

Barclay, you''ll get closer!), and certainly wouldn''t say in front of my

kids.  However, having reminded my youngster not to repeat at

least half of the words he had heard, I did have a good laugh.

Back to the point though.  The club should fine a player for

pretty much any card (I always do in computer management games and it

seems to work well there!!), unless there are sound mitigating

circumstances.  Dissent is the most annnoying and wasteful, and

can have no mitigating circumstances.

[quote user="sheded"][quote user="ROSSI 46"]

[/quote]

Whereas I agree that  , never to my knowledge , has any referee ever changed his decision   because he`s surrounded by players screaming in his face , that you should single out Hucks  for your bile is , to say the least , a bit unfair !     this is a player to whom the only way defenders can stop , is to kick the legs from under him !    if this happened to you on a regular basis   I don`t doubt    you would be right in there  , arguing the toss with the ref  !!   especially if you KNEW that the ref  had missed [ or ignored ]  an obvious foul .......

Hucks is , generally speaking,  the best player we have,    his skill level is way above the rest of the team ,   and if he wasn`t a family man , who wants his kids to grow in a settled atmosphere , he would be head hunted by many prem teams !!     believe me !! 

There are  a certain  number of posters on this board  who seem to like having a go at Hucks , I wonder why ?    maybe they want league one  football ?? [6]

[/quote]

Actually it did happen didnt it? A referee changed his mind!! was it maybe Arsenal Fulham last year - caused an uproar!

thats right.... he changed his mind over a Colins John penalty incident...

It just p[rovides more proof that the so called "big 6" have their own special rule book that protects them from Losing,,,

During Arsenals 49 games un beaten... how much luck did they have???? Toure not being sent off against us for one, the Colins john Penalty...look at this weekend and John Terrys hand ball??????? if u play for a team in the top 6 u wont lose.....

The FA tell their refs that its in "the countries best interests" that these teams make europe season after season.. anbd any means necessary to help them is whats needed...

Watch Arsenal, who are having their worst season in years, make the champions league this season with a little "help"

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

thats right.... he changed his mind over a Colins John penalty incident...

It just p[rovides more proof that the so called "big 6" have their own special rule book that protects them from Losing,,,

During Arsenals 49 games un beaten... how much luck did they have???? Toure not being sent off against us for one, the Colins john Penalty...look at this weekend and John Terrys hand ball??????? if u play for a team in the top 6 u wont lose.....

The FA tell their refs that its in "the countries best interests" that these teams make europe season after season.. anbd any means necessary to help them is whats needed...

Watch Arsenal, who are having their worst season in years, make the champions league this season with a little "help"

jas :)

[/quote]

I genuinly think Arsenal wil not make it this year.  They are doing fine at Highbury but there away form is absolutely shocking - as you would expect from a team missing the steel of Viera.  They have 7 goals away - one less than Sunderland!

calm down sheded.

everyone is allowed a point of view, and i was asking for opinions yet you felt perfectly happy to say that i have singled out hucks for my bile. bit harsh me thinks - would you recommend that i scream and shout at the moderators for allowing such an obvious slur to pass? maybe i should email one or two calling them this and that!

the modern game has become far more protected in terms of tackles, and to be fair, players are not subjected to the tackles they were a few years ago. i do not agree that players regularly kick lumps out of Huckerby, but defenders do give him a bit more than some others due to his ability - its called football, its what happens.

can you name me another sport that accepts players, threatening and abusing referees in the same way football does? take egg chasing for example, a lot more physical with more serious injuries  - yet the curse the ref and you get to sit on your own for a while. I''m not going that far, i merely suggested that the club should fine yellow cards and red cards for dissent.

lastly if you say Hucks is such a wonder then for every game he misses due to his mouth, he disproportionally affects the team in a big way. Had he kept his gob shut against Stoke when we were on top and looking to equalise we may have done instead of losing our momentum and dismally losing 3-1.

all in all 6 yellows and 1 red for a player who doesnt really understand the word tackle is not good enough, I''m sorry that you think it is.