Sign in to follow this  
Alex Harvey-Jones

Darren Ward

Is Darren Ward injured after his rare appearance?? I see Gallagher was on the bench yesterday!  It seems odd that Worthington has said that Gallagher is available for transfer when we might lose Green. If they both go that would leave us with only Ward and Lewis which is by no means enough cover. It seems pointless letting Gallagher go as well and then have to bring in one maybe even two new keepers!!??

Maybe Gallagher was on the bench yesterday because Ward stormed out once he saw the teamsheet, and once again confirmed that however bad Green or anyone else plays, he will still be picked every week ^o)

both the above seem perfectly believable with the club as it is!

well, i would like to see someone else have a go in goal to be honest, toungue in cheek as i like green, but he needs a break, and his confidence doesnt seem to be high

we doesnt he not give gallagher a game either?, wasnt he supposed to be best keeper out of scotland for years, an internation even, and he''s not played for us that i can remember. granted all on form its green anyday, but hes not, every other position would see a plyer dropped, just not in goal a fairly crucial one really.

As AHJ said, I wouldn''t be a bit surprised if Ward had a bit of a tantrum when he heard that Greeno had miraculously recovered from his injury. If I was in Ward''s shoes I would have been pretty angry at missing a rare 1st team chance. Personally I was hoping that Ward would be given the opportunity at Plymouth to show what he can do. If Greeno really is on his way, it would make sense to try Ward out regardless of Greeno''s fitness. Typical of Worthy''s extreme caution.

why hasn''t gallacher been out on loan since the start of the season.  he''s out of contract in the summer, and if he''d played well until now, a club might have payed us some dosh for him. not much perhaps, but more than him sitting around collecting wages when worthy won''t play him.

Everytime I try and reply to this thread the message board goes funny and an error message appears. When I know I can post properly I''ll tell you what I think! Lol.

Wardy''s back was playing again, and he wasnt in training on Thurs/Fri, so hence why he didnt go to Plymouth (I know this for sure via someone who went to Colney, plus it was in The PinkUn about his back thats why Gallacher was on the bench.)

I know some of you have said that maybe he got annoyed at the fact that Green went straight back in to the squad despite not training. This wasnt the case I doubt, but even if it did actually occur I wouldnt have blamed him. I mean training hard and playing well then you get left out so someone else who hasnt trained can play just cos of who they are. Sadly cos of his back, he had to take a back seat. Maybe he would have played if it wasnt for his back. I was hoping he would play.

I also feel that he should (and Gallacher should), have more of a chance to play instead of being stuck on the subs bench. Wards a good keeper and could do a great job for us whether Greens here or not. Hes had international experience and was rated as one of the best keepers in Division 1 a few seasons ago. Hes a top fella as well.  Whats the points us having 4 keepers anyway when one only plays?  

Contraversional I know. I''m not saying sell Green, or do anything drastic, I just feel, why not use the resources we
 have, cos whats the point in having them?