Sign in to follow this  
DumbleDelia is Magic

Robinson signs for 50k- paid for by Delia

[quote user="DumbleDelia is Magic"]http://www.canaries.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/FirstNewsDetail/0,,10355~767052,00.html

First of all a bargain signing.  I''m pleased.  But more worryingly it suggests we have no money to spend until we sell Deano or Green.  I''m very concerned

[/quote]

yep good signing at the price. He is a little better than what we have.  If nothing special and old.

Good old Delia and Michael! I have to say though, if I were in their shoes and had £50,000 to spare I would buy a nice car, or have a superb luxury holiday, or dine out for a year. I wouldn''t be buying footballers, no matter how good they may be. So hats off to them

Goodness me!  We signed Robinson!

It really doesn''t get much better than this!  A £50k player who''s been at 9 clubs in the last 11 years,  A player, you would suspect, has "journeyman" as his middle name. A player who''s been a "little" better than the midfield dynamos we have at the moment. 

But it''s an inspirational signing in another way too.  We''ve only got 4 other first choice central midfielders and it''s not as if our right wing needs strengthening at all.

When Deano goes in the next week or so, we''ll be even worse off than we were before we got promoted.  Still, it''ll give Worthy more money to spend on uninspiring, "hard-working" central midefielders so it''s not all doom and gloom.

Prudence with ambition?  You''ve got to be having a laugh. Prudence with no ambition whatsoever. 

It makes me want to weep with frustration.   What a utter waste of money and certainly not the mark of a club that''s aiming for promotion.

Some people only ever see black and white..........

Nige, Doncaster & the Board have become expert at the cloak and dagger stuff of transfer windows over the past few seasons - has anybody considered that the signing of Robinson might be an extra to other players the club are looking to bring in?  Therefore, whatever funds are available to Nige are potentially already committed......

Sorry, but I can feel a cynical attack coming on! "Neeeearghhhhh!"

Now, why do you think the club media have announced that Delia (I still luvs her!) had dipped her pinkies into her purse? When they''re stating what other poster''s have picked up on "No in''s before out''s!" Blah, blah! No wonga left, blah, blah, blah. Our parachute payments have been wasted on sweets and cherry cola! Blah, blah, Yawn! We need to buy a Jacksoozee for the 1* Barclay B&B.........Hotel thingy whatever!

Things have been somewhat strained at the moment - so therefore an injection of : "Major shareholder (and another few folk connected to NCFC with a few bob), donate their bus fare home to purchase a journeyman!"

Rejoice! Rejoice! He ain''t Koumas! But what do you expect folks? A la carte! "Three wheels on my football club, but they''re still rollin'' along!" Oh well, beggars can''t be choosers, and I''m sure ''Robbo'' will soon be fit once his lungs healed and his ribs have set!.........Ho Hum!

What next? Andy Gray from Sunderland in exchange for sixpence, 2 conkers, a lucky rabbit''s foot, a signed photo of Bob Chase and a 5 minute snog with ''Glandular slurpin'' saliva Gloria!''................Flamin'' heck! Bleeeurghh! ;~)

PS. Apologies to any poster''s named Gloria..........Nothing else sprang to mind.......OTBC  

Prudence with sod all else!.

There are times I worry for this club, today is one of them, many unanswerd questions remain about our boards financial skills I feel.

Well Temp, I certainly admire your optimism lol!

That''s the line I''ve been spinning to myself since we got relegated.  And the line I''ve been spinning ever since, every time we make yet another mediocre, journeyman signing that drains yet more funds from the club and contributes even more towards the bulging pockets of agents.

We''ve wasted an awful lot of money - an awful lot of money. 

£50,000 for insurance. At his age and ability he doesn''t offer very much that is outstanding. He is making good the failure to sign enough players over the summer, so that we do not again have the spectacle of two left backs in a three-man midfield! When all are fit again Safri will have Robinson, Etuhu, Jarrett, Hughes to play with him. Two of them will be on the bench if we play three in the midfield.It will not set the world alight, but there is some insurance and perhaps enlarges the options.

If Robinson costs £50K do you think someone inadvertently inserted a nought into Etuhu''s price and no-body noticed until it was too late to stop the cheque?

I think this is a good signing, he helps us to play passing game on the deck. Just because he isn''t flamboyant or a massive workhorse, I think that people miss the improvement that he does make. All things considered, assuming full fitness and availablity, I think that our options in centre midfield are quite promising.

What happened to the young hungry players our manager wanted ? . Even Ipswich signed somebody for £100,000 , Robinson is just another journeyman and we have way to many of those already . Whatever  this clubs plans are getting promoted again does not appear to be on the agenda.

Cedric anselin was the last player Delia paid for... and we all remeber what happened to him... hertes to the same for Hughsy then!!!! [;)]

jas :)

Not often this happens but I am with you on this one Teds perm!  

He does not run around like a headless chicken but he is a rarity for this club - a midfielder comfortable with the ball at his feet.   Against Preston he was the best city midfielder 9better than brennan, charlie & Etuhu combined) despite playing most of the game with 4 broken ribs.   Given me 10 Robbos rather than an etuhu or hughes any day.

He is cheap, proven at this level, improves our squad at at 29 at his peak for a couple of seasons.

No - he wont win us the league - but he does make us play better; particularly when paired with Safri.  I am a firm worthy outer but I cant see how this is a bad or negative signing!

A grumpy depressed worthy outer.

[quote user="pete"]Money available huh eh Nige, not through the club but only if Delia digs deep.  This is extremely serious where has Prem money gone, we can''t even find £50k.  Prudence rules no ambition.  What would happen if we got back to Prem, doesn''t bear thinking about.[/quote]

Pete

We ain''t going to be anywhere near the Premiership for a long, long time based on this "inspirational" sort of signing.

It makes me shake with frustration - where oh where is the ambition in this club...for pity''s sake...

calm down scouser! what is it that you want? keep ashton and green, buy

jerome and koumas AND our elusive right winger. ok, yep, i want that

too.

but is this what you expect?

it''s a decent signing who didn''t cost much. what''s the problem?

I think we do have money because

a) Worthy recently said so
b) We always say we dont have any
c)Why would anyone pay 50,000 of there own money on Robinson?

For the club its not much money, so its an ok signing, but im sure its a lot to Delia

A solid signing at the price bnut im glad we didsnt pay anyore because that would have been stupid.

A1 said: "calm down scouser! what is it that you want? keep ashton and green, buy jerome and koumas AND our elusive right winger. ok, yep, i want that too.

it''s a decent signing who didn''t cost much. what''s the problem?"

Well actually a right winger would do..........

and yes he is a decent signing whom didnt cost much - unlike the 1 million wasted on Etuhu and Hughes

A few words for the dimwits -

Given the way transfer money is paid over long periods it is not be any surprise that the club looks outside of it''s day to day income to fund a players registration

Delia has not bought Robinson - it is a loan

There is no player supermarket - there are many varied reasons why a player doesn''t join one club over another. Certainly not a simple matter of a transfer fee

I remember the same bleating about Docherty - surpising how, despite the coaching staff''s ''incompetence'', he seems to have come good.

Players do have an ability to play in other positions other than where they were playing for the previous club ...........shame a few of our resident whiners couldn''t be coached into taking up a different position as well

One that doesn''t resemble Eeyore

ok firstly MaDdan BedPan, robinson has signed permanantly on a 2and a half year deal

http://new.pinkun.com/story.aspx?brand=PINKUNOnline&category=Norwich&tBrand=PINKUNOnline&tCategory=Homepage&itemid=NOED17%20Jan%202006%2009%3A53%3A23%3A673

Yes players can play for in other positions.. well its unlucky that every player worthy has used to play right wing has not been up to the job, most looking completely out of place - well its unlucky or just plain inept - one of the two.

Doherty has come good (in this division), he was always a top player at luton in div 1 and struggled badly in the premiership, i worry whether he would get away with his manhandling in the prem however. which begs the question why we arent turning our gaze down a division instead of buying championsip cast offs.

[quote user="a1canary"]calm down scouser! what is it that you want? keep ashton and green, buy jerome and koumas AND our elusive right winger. ok, yep, i want that too.
it''s a decent signing who didn''t cost much. what''s the problem?
[/quote]

Actually I''ve got to the point now where I don''t mind if Green leaves - I think that we''ve got good enough cover in that area, as for Ashton, well if he''s going to go and we get a decent price (£7m sounds OK to me) then as long as that money is spent wisely then I don''t have too many problems with it - as long as there''s some honesty about the whole affair...

As long as we don''t waste our money - I''d love to see Koumas here, jury is out on this Jerome kid as far as I''m concerned...

Paul "ok firstly MaDdan BedPan, robinson has signed permanantly on a 2and a half year deal "

We know, whats your point?

MadDan is saying Delia has loaned the club 50k NOT that Robinson is a loan.

And whats with the "bedpan" line? Toilet humour not required here?

It''s going to take more than a 50k loan to plug the void left in the middle of the park. If by some miracle we went up with thie squad then we''re coming straight back down again unless major money is spent and we know that won''t happen when there''s land to be built on.