Sign in to follow this  
Mark .Y.

Ashton to West Ham ?

Speculation I know, but for the first time I feel that Ashton will be leaving us very shortly. I have a sneaky feeling that the deal is agreed and we are sorting out replacement(s) before making it all public. Don''t know why I feel like this, just do.

Mark .Y.

I think that west ham are the only team left interested in Ashton, and like you i get the feeling something is in the wind. Theres also the media speculation over a £7m bid on Sunday which hasnt been discussed due to the club remaining tight lipped. There is only one reason in my mind why we havent sold him, and that everything to do with the position of worthy. If you were Delia, would you shell out £50k for Robinson and then let Worthington loose on £7m ? The supporters may complain about the lack of action from the board about Worthington, but they will remember long after most supporters. IF we were to lose v Watford and Reading that would mean that we would have got one point for the month of January with a home derby next game. Things change very quickly in football, especially in this league.

This does seem different from all the other Ashton speculation, a firm bid is in, it''s not been denied by the club and it''s not that far off our valuation by all accounts.. 14 days and counting [:(]

it''s ok people, i feel it too, calm before the storm and all, but we''re ready for it! ashton out, jerome in plus

a.n.other, speculation over, distraction gone, lets get on with it.

i don''t want to see deano go, but i can see that we can still be a force this season with the current squad minus

deano, plus jerome, plus right winger. it''s still a decent squad.

maybe hoping for too much with the winger and jerome but i can dream! can he play out there?

maybe hughes can do a job out there. his dodgy passing isn''t exposed as

much on the wing, all he has to do is receive it get down there and

knock some decent crosses in. i reckon he can do that.[:$] 

at least he''d get stuck in in the defensive duties unlike previous recent occupiers of that position (rivers, hendo, macca...)

as i posted earlier i can see that the only reason why we havent snapped Pardew''s hand off is becasue of the sit-yooou-ation regarding the manager. West Ham have matched our silly money price and we go and raise it by another £1m. c''mon people smell the coffee.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]as i posted earlier i can see that the only reason why we havent snapped Pardew''s hand off is becasue of the sit-yooou-ation regarding the manager. West Ham have matched our silly money price and we go and raise it by another £1m. c''mon people smell the coffee.[/quote]

I guess one thing it does say is that Deano has probably not stated to the club that he wants to leave.  Otherwise I fear he would have been sold when the asking price was matched (if that was the case). I hope he has shown enough loyalty to norwich to stay untill the summer.

ah c''mon paul, we all know that if Norwich wanted to sell Ashton they wouldn''t give a brass door knocker about what he actually thought - business is business

Please let us get £8 mill for him would be a great deal????.

But 2 things concern me.

1.NW having a large slice of £8 mill to spend?????

2.We agree deal too late to be able to get anyone in????.

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]ah c''mon paul, we all know that if Norwich wanted to sell Ashton they wouldn''t give a brass door knocker about what he actually thought - business is business[/quote]

Yeah but if Deano had said ''in private'' that he wanted a move, they would have had to either sell, or have an unhappy star player on their hands, if it did get out that he wanted a move his value would plummet.

agreed paul.. if ashton really wanted to kick up a stink we could end up getting 2 million for him and having to make do... nothing the club say could up the fee if Ashtons ripping the harmoney apart

jas :)