Sign in to follow this  
Ken Aries

Reserves Routed!

Brennan, Hughes, Rossi Jarvis and Thorne all played - so not a totally inexperienced City team. I didn''t go, but to my mind this doesn''t bode well for the future to lose 5-0 at home to any team. Did anybody go to watch this shambles?

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]Brennan, Hughes, Rossi Jarvis and Thorne all played - so not a totally inexperienced City team. I didn''t go, but to my mind this doesn''t bode well for the future to lose 5-0 at home to any team. Did anybody go to watch this shambles?[/quote]

I wouldn''t call it a shambles. Tottenham had a multi million pound squad out last night, when you look at this team.

Tottenham Reserves: Cerny, Kelly (McKie 45), Ifil, McKenna, Lee, Davenport, Routledge (Maghoma 75), Jackson, Barnard, Rasiak (Dawkins 59), Barcham.

Routledge ran the show until he was subbed (wish we could have him on loan)

The game itself was excellent, though Spurs were more than a class above us, we did try and we did indeed play some nice passing football, just being a bit lightweight. Eagle was v good, as was Rossi J. When Bally Smart came on he was excellent

IN A RIGHT WING POSITION SHOCK!!

Also looking good was a lad called Sub Muddel, tall, quick striker. Promising.

Check out this link good report here.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/article.asp?hlid=354113

Hi Stephen

Yes, as I usually do, and guess what, according to the press report on the Pink Un home page I am now a "die hard" fan.  Yipee!!!

It wasn''t a shambles, in my opinion anyway, maybe, due to the first team sit-u-ashun at the moment I am putting my supporting hopes into the reserves and academy.  At least the reserves attempted to play some good passing football.  I know, and concede that reserve team football is not in the same class as first team, but we all have to start somewhere and there are several promising youngsters at the club, who, under a more enlightened management team may get a few chances (and prolonged runs in their preferred positions) in the first team one day.

Brennan was pretty ineffective, Hughes looked pretty fit and ran about a lot, but was subbed at half time.  Rossi played very well actually - Thorne did okay but nothing special.  The youngsters who did well last night were Rossi, Robert Eagle, making some great runs forward.  We had a good look at Bally Smart RIGHT WINGER POSSIBILITY ALERT!!  - who has genuine pace and a lot of energy and commitment.  Also, don''t remember seeing Seb Muddel before, but he looked v lively upfront in the second half.  Spillance was sound again.

Spurs were class, no doubt about it, their second goal was top quality - they could have had a few more, all in all a thoroughly entertaining match (which is more than we can say for some first team encounters this year!). 

Meeky - when are you and gazza taking up livermore offer to take a coaching session?!?  Things could only get better![:D]

Zipper, sorry, too much real work on and it''s too cold for me to wear shorts at this time of year, although for around £10,000 a week maybe............

on the other hand, no....

Thanks for you views on last night''s match. My next reserves game will be either Arsenal or Chelsea. Is there any chance that those clubs will use any player that I''ve heard of in this year''s fixtures?

Bally - not a great name for a bloke!! Yep - i''ve heard good reports about him from other sources. Lets hope he doesn''t go somewhere else when he realises youth doesn''t get a chance at Norwich!! A right winger - remind me what that is again??

I see Andy ''clapper'' hughes is being prepared for a right back role on saturday judging by last night.

[quote user="stephen nobbs"]Clapper Hughes may well make a better fist of the right back position than our friend Colin though[/quote]

Yep, its good too see that our useless midfield skipper is a better right back than the even more useless out and out right back.

And they were both signed by Sir Nigel ''mourinho'' Worthington.