Sign in to follow this  
NavMan

Very wary about Watford

Looking back over the last two seasons when city were in this league Watford have come here and beaten us on both occasions.  It seems a good ground for them and I am very very wary of their visit on Saturday.  Hopefully we can pull it off but have this horrendous feeling that they are one of the teams that our players seem to think we can just turn up to win and hence always end up with a good kick up the backside.  You can just picure it can''t you - Malky rising high to plant the ball in the net giving them the victory.  Yes it is a game we must win but cannot see more than a draw at best for us.

i agree navman, the way we play with a big hoof down the middle, or crosses from deep is exactly what Watford (and Malky want) We need to get behind them and deliver quality, but we havent so far, so i dont think its gonna start v Watford

My hope is that the memories of the first half at Vicarage Rd earlier this season are deeply etched in the players memories: I''m afraid they remain in mine.

If we play like we did in the 2nd half there (just as Rossi describes) we can get a result, but....

Hopefully the importance of the fixture in the context of our playoff ambitions will not be lost on the players, and the "only got to turn up" attituse is nowhere to be seen.

I know where you''re coming from, Nav Man. I was in two minds whether to bother with going to this one after that diabolical performance in the Preston match, but I had a change of heart yesterday and bought a ticket anyway. I have the same terrible fear as you do, that dear old Malky could return to haunt us with a winning header in the last 10 minutes of the game, if not before. Let''s just hope we see the City team who played Southampton on Saturday, and not that crap outfit who shambled around aimlessly v Preston.

It was not always the case - Deehan in paricular used to give Steve Sherwood a torrid time!

However they are 4th on merit having dropped just 12 points from 42 on their travels, losing just two games - truly promotion form.  They are a well organised side with clear tactics driven my a manager who get more from his team than their collective parts. Once again we should be able to match and beat them IF we perform - but it will be a tough tough game as the likes of King are the sort of striker city currently struggle against.