Sign in to follow this  
Old Boy

Moan, moan, moan (ad nauseam)...

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of all the threads moaning about the same thing? Moaning about transfers - actual, rumoured or just barmy speculation.

Can''t we just combine them all into one thread, and save an electronic rainforest?

Use your imagination guys, and find something else to whinge about, please.

OB,

so you are moaning about moaning......thats the least imaginative whinge ever.

agreed, all these moaners are ungrateful so and so''s, after all we are playing good football, we are financially okay after a season in the prem and parachute payments, we are being linked with players that will take the club forwards and we are sitting pretty in the play off places, with the chance of catching the top two for auto promotion. we are so lucky.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

Is anyone else getting sick and tired of all the threads moaning about the same thing? Moaning about transfers - actual, rumoured or just barmy speculation.

Can''t we just combine them all into one thread, and save an electronic rainforest?

Use your imagination guys, and find something else to whinge about, please.

[/quote]

why cant we moan about bad transfers? god we have seen enough of them...

I have seen more NCFC money wasted this season than in the last 10.

and it is the transfer window you idiot.  After that we can go back to moaning about barmy team selections, naive tactics, the long ball and our general mid table position. hell, pre huckerby we were 12th in the league. now we are 10th.... great

Are you moanin'' about the moaners Old Boy?

It does get a bit same, same I agree. But where would you, MadDan, Dicky/Squit and other ''Les the Sensibles'' get your ''ammo'' and motivation from - to retort and moan about the WO''s?

Lighten up Old Boy, it ain''t all that bad.............or let''s face it, you wouldn''t contribute on this forum.

Keep postin'' chum, I enjoy reading your post''s.......and MaDdan''s, Dicky/Squit''s,  it''s what makes this board interesting! OTBC ;~)  I like it when MaDdan gets nasty! Great stuff!.......... ;~) 

Old Boy, it''s a good thought, but why don''t you set an example and write about something different rather than constantly moaning about the moaners.

I''ve got something to moan about Old Boy,

Where''s your report on the Reserve team last night ?

It''s usually my favourite read of the week ! Hope you haven''t retired as Forum''s Chief Reserve Reporter.

I''m not moaning about the moaning, just the number of moaning threads with the very same moans, from the same handful of moaners. Because all the threads only present the same view - which could be simply summarised as "anyone Worthy/NCFC sign is rubbish whereas anyone any other manager signs is a brilliant acquisition" - why don''t we just have one thread, with that title? Just a suggestion. But it''s nice that I''ve given you something a little bit different to moan about.

[quote user="Old Boy"]

I''m not moaning about the moaning, just the number of moaning threads with the very same moans, from the same handful of moaners. Because all the threads only present the same view - which could be simply summarised as "anyone Worthy/NCFC sign is rubbish whereas anyone any other manager signs is a brilliant acquisition" - why don''t we just have one thread, with that title? Just a suggestion. But it''s nice that I''ve given you something a little bit different to moan about.

[/quote]

but recent signings have been rubbish - and worse they are not forward looking.. (Apart from Colin whom may come good)

Unfortunately it''s a social disease now...glass half empty rather than half full. The club does have one or two problems and things are not perfect but it''s all to easy to forget where we were 5 years ago.

Have to confess that yes, sometimes the postings on these boards are too negative and it has put me oiff reading and posting as much.

" I like it when MaDdan gets nasty! "

Nasty ?

The odd jocular reference maybe. A slightly sharp reply perhaps, but nasty.

Never in a million years, dear boy ?

These are City fans they can take a bit of verbal bandinage (some actually enjoy it I''m sure).

"...but it''s all to easy to forget where we were 5 years ago."

5 years ago, we were in practically the same spot that we''re standing in now! 

[quote user="pete"]

Until Worthy goes, I get sick and tired of people complaining about moaning

[/quote]I have purposely stayed away from this board for a few weeks because it was just starting to depress me with endless irrational negativity.I thought I''d check back tonight to see if things had changed, but instead was highly amused to find people moaning about people moaning about the moaning!That at least made me smile, but at the same time convinced me that there''s no point returning permanently just yet...

[quote user="ROSSI 46"]

OB,

so you are moaning about moaning......thats the least imaginative whinge ever.

[/quote]Says the bloke moaning about him moaning about moaning. ;)Suffice to say theres too much moaning going on. No need to moan, we''re going to win on Saturday!

Is the reason we are moaning because the last 2 seasons have been so exciting?  Promotion one year & then a relegation battle, which we only just missed out on.  Are our expectations too high? At the start of the season, some posters on here thought it was our god-given right to storm this division, I remember one poster predicting over 100 points and Deano & Hucks to get 50 goals between them!!  It has been disappointing, but we are still in with a shout & there are still 3-4 months to go.

PS, my glass is always half-full.

and so it goes on. now Ashton''s gone it''s either that he (Worthy) won''t be given the money, shouldn''t be given the money, is given some money but not enough or is given too much money but might waste it. There must be a real risk that he might buy some players that have Huckerby-like impact on the rest of our season and then we''ll all be able to moan that we got promoted when we really wanted to be relegated and will now have to suffer another year in the prem instead of playing in league one where we all wanted to be just so we could sack the entire board and management team and enable ourselves to wallow in another 9 years of self pity.

For heavens sake thank goodness you lot don''t run this football club!

no offense darlo but most posters havent moaned for 5 years.... There is a real reason why people are moaning Did you see the match yesterday, we were appaulling, the midfield trio of JJ Etuhu and Hughes were awful, we dont have a right side, we deserved nothing and got nothing from the game

we are crap, we have wasted the premiership money and now are considering letting the guy waste more money

You''re right Darlo - that''s a genuine risk. Worthy''s done it once, he may do it again. But the underlying problems will still be there, and if, as Weston says, we think we''re a "Premiership Club", we''ll continue to struggle. I''m not pro-Worthy, and I''ve been consistent in that from years back, but I hate it when people aren''t fair to the guy. It may well be time to find someone with better coaching skills if we want to step up, but that doesn''t mean Worthy doesn''t know a good footballer when he sees one. The evidence shows that to be untrue - he bought a number of good, very good and excellent players - judged in this Division''s terms. Trouble is, because everyone now hates Worthy, all the players he buys are guilty by association - they''ll never get a chance. It''s silly and futile.

"...that doesn''t mean Worthy doesn''t know a good footballer when he sees one." Old Boy - Do you really believe that''s true, having seen Hughes Jarrett and Etuhu play? Even my cat could see that these players are poor signings.