Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Etuhu - preston fans before they sold him... "huge tower of apathy"

"Having attended a few Preston games this season and knowing several Preston fans, they seem to believe he is lazy and has a bit of an attitude"

"You can have etuhu </b>thumb.gif "

"at last someone mentioned ebooboo - this is one whom we may get a fee for and gladly get rid of"

"pnefanatic10-01-2005 08:30 PM

Re: Who should now go?

Dickson Etuhu must be moved on for someone more interested."

"As for Etuhu surely the game is almost up for him? A suggestion was made earlier on the thread that we get a sports psychologist in to help him. But that avenue and others similar have been tried time and again. City had explored these options with him - they spent a lot of money on doing so which was why they were so put out when we nabbed him.

He touched the ball about 10 times on Saturday. The gulf between our performance with Etuhu rather than that with O''Neil was vast. On this season''s form so far, and much of last season''s as well, Dixon is in the wrong business. He should be an illusionist. He disappears with more regularity than David Copperfield."

"I can''t believe people are still defending Etuhu! Have you not been watching for the last 2yrs? He''s lazy, his distribution is shocking & we always seem to lose with him in the team!

Why does this lad have such a charmed life when others eg, Agyemang, amongst others get 5 minutes before they''re slaughtered. I''d love to know.

"Basically, I agree with me old mate Snoozer''s list, but I''d add Etuhu to it, in fact, he''d be pretty close to the top of the list, and as FF says, I can''t quite believe the number of people defending him.

He is garbage, and has been, with the exception of literally nothing more than a very small handful of games, since he joined THREE YEARS AGO!

He IS lazy, he DOESN''T have a footballing brain and he CAN''T handle a game unless he is constantly talked through by someone like O''Neil.

At Dickson''s age, and with the number of first team games that he has under his belt now, Etuhu should be dictating games, but he just jogs around like a huge tower of apathy every time he plays."

"Dickson Etuhu has to go. He''s been our worst player this season."

And this is quality: "Just asking my PNE fan mate about it, and he didn''t seem to fussed, I think he just likes Etuhu because he gets in comedy fights rather than because he is a great player!!"

THERE IS HOPE

"Lazy, wants the moon on a stick, wants it now but doesn''t want to work for it.

With the right manager and motivation, though, who knows?"

"I''m not quite ready to give up on Etuhu yet. He is frustrating, and he is badly out of form.

I think it''s easy to underestimate what can go on in a player''s mind, and if the guy''s having a few troubles, it''s not helpful to call him "lazy" and say that''s the end of it- get rid. I think the best solution touted has been to maybe get a sports psychologist in to help him out a bit, because we can all see a talented player who isn''t performing."

"I just don''t get it with Dickson. You can see the way he gees up the crowd that has the club at heart and yet he hardly makes a tackle, his passing is awful. His only real contribution has been some vital headed goals. For me, he is nowhere near mobile enough for a midfield player. Seem to remember that he played in a number of positions at City, including full back and centre half. Maybe time to try him elsewhere. "

Paul - just what purpose do these posts (including the one about Hughes) actually serve now?  Like it or not, they are both City players now and as such need support - and not a hate campaign, which is apparently what you are waging.

Paul,

You must have too much time on your hands!

Actually going onto other teams message boards and finding negative comments on two signings you don''t agree on is surely taking the Worthy bashing a bit too far.

Did you also look on PSVs message boards to find critisim of Colin aswell but found that you couldn''t translate Dutch!?

I''m sure if i was too look hard enough on WBA''s websites i would find plenty of negative comments on your dream signing of Koumas.

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Paul - just what purpose do these posts (including the one about Hughes) actually serve now?  Like it or not, they are both City players now and as such need support - and not a hate campaign, which is apparently what you are waging.[/quote]

I think they show the abysmal decision to waste 1 million pounds of our extremely valuable money on 2 failing players from other championship clubs whom have improved since they left.

they serve to show that 5 minutes trawling the web shows incredibly accurate descriptions of the players involved from pre the summer (incredibly accurate based on what we have seen in 22 matches from hughes and 10 from etuhu)

People here seem to forget the fortune that is 1 million quid is to norwich and how poor the players we have wasted this amount of money on are.

I will support the players at the matches as I do not thnk it does any good to boo your own team or players. however the appauling decision to bring these guys in I cannot support......

Last season we spent 500,000 on Safri. Maney well spent as he is certainly a decent championship player. 50,000 on robinson a bargain.

actually it took 10 minutes to come up with that lot about hughes and Etuhu off google.

Koumas

I''ve heard at least 3 managers say that he is one of the most technically gifted player they have ever managed, but that he is a lazy gobshite to boot.

Great talent, terrible attitude.

Jason Koumas is an underrated lazy genius

Not only that, he''s gained a lot of weight and hasn''t turned up for training since last season. He also didn''t attend the Welsh camp in summer which would have helped his international chances.

No matter how good he has been for us, I''d sell him for free.

Koumas offers so much, but just needs a few other arrows to his bow.

There is no doubt about it, he is a quality player.

John Aldridge always commented that Koumas was a very lazy player

"if any manager can turn Koumas around then Im sure it would be ID. Quality player, who, with a bit of fine tuning from our gifted gaffer could have a great career at palace. I''d take a gamble on him"

I unfortunatly cant say the same about NW

But they all say he is talented!!! not a word used about etuhu or hughes

[quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Paul - just what purpose do these

posts (including the one about Hughes) actually serve now?  Like

it or not, they are both City players now and as such need support -

and not a hate campaign, which is apparently what you are

waging.[/quote]

Temp, you wrote what i was going to write before i wrote it! How

someone can devote so much time and effort just to try and stir up

negative feeling towards a player is beyond me. Does he think this

actually helps?

Paul,

like i''ve said before, you seem utterly incapable of posting anything

that doesn''t include whines and moans and criticisms about the club,

its personnel, manager, board or just about anything. Tell me, do you

have anything good to say about the club you support?

After you''ve watched a game, like say the Southampton one or the Sheff

Utd one, how long are you actually happy or pleased for? 10 minutes? 2

minutes? 30 seconds? Do you feel that post match euphoria you get when

leaving the stadium after a convincing win? Do you even know the

feeling i''m talking about? You must be a very depressing person to be

around.

In fact, you have usurped and exceeded the Wizard. Hasn''t anyone

noticed how he is hardly around anymore? He''s not got much left to say

because Mr Rankin has done it all for him, only Paul wraps it up in his

own inimitable brand of finger-pointing misery.  At least the Wiz

can laugh at himself and shows his human side from time to time.

Come back the Wizard, all is forgiven!

[quote user="a1canary"][quote user="Temp the Revelator"]Paul - just what purpose do these

posts (including the one about Hughes) actually serve now?  Like

it or not, they are both City players now and as such need support -

and not a hate campaign, which is apparently what you are

waging.[/quote]

Temp, you wrote what i was going to write before i wrote it! How

someone can devote so much time and effort just to try and stir up

negative feeling towards a player is beyond me. Does he think this

actually helps?

Paul,

like i''ve said before, you seem utterly incapable of posting anything

that doesn''t include whines and moans and criticisms about the club,

its personnel, manager, board or just about anything. Tell me, do you

have anything good to say about the club you support?

After you''ve watched a game, like say the Southampton one or the Sheff

Utd one, how long are you actually happy or pleased for? 10 minutes? 2

minutes? 30 seconds? Do you feel that post match euphoria you get when

leaving the stadium after a convincing win? Do you even know the

feeling i''m talking about? You must be a very depressing person to be

around.

In fact, you have usurped and exceeded the Wizard. Hasn''t anyone

noticed how he is hardly around anymore? He''s not got much left to say

because Mr Rankin has done it all for him, only Paul wraps it up in his

own inimitable brand of finger-pointing misery.  At least the Wiz

can laugh at himself and shows his human side from time to time.

Come back the Wizard, all is forgiven! [/quote]

Yep the board is great and has backed the manager to the hilt.

I always support the team. As for critizing players, well there arent many i critisize, perhaps too vociferously I critisize the few. Its more the managers decision to sign them.

I hope they prove me wrong, I hope Etuhu shows some effort or ability as I have seen none of either.

and yes i love it when we win, i am just very concerned with what has gone on at the club, be it awful tactics, injured players playing and getting more injured, poor signings after poor signings, mind boggling team selections and substitutions, proffesionals being aloud to walk out of the club and not properly replaced, long ball football, regular team collapses etc etc etc

at the moment the club is going backwards

It''s ok   to disagree about Paul''s post but the content which was

based on the PNE fans  views - does anyone actually disagree with

those views, given they had 3 years to form an opinion and given what

you have seen so far?

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]they serve to show that 5 minutes trawling the web shows incredibly accurate descriptions of the players involved from pre the summer [/quote]Oh you found it on the internet? Must be true then. :D

Sadly Paul, Fabio Capallo didn''t fancy the Norfolk broads and Ronaldinho couldn''t find a house he liked so i''m afraid we are stuck with both a crap manager and an underperforming midfield!

I''m just so looking forward to next season!

Hypothetical scenario for you here-

Imagine we were to sell Hucks to a Premiership side such as Charlton and he didn''t perform in his first handful of games. A member of the local Charlton message board  decides to have a look at this message board to see what we all thought of Huckerby whilst he was here; and it would be easy for him to find and group together plenty of negative comments and make it look like he was some kind of hate figure at Carrow Road, which we all know isn''t true .

I''m not saying that''s what you''ve done Paul but I''ve spoken to a few Preston fans who all shared the view that selling Etuhu was a mistake. Nothings ever black or white.