Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Jack Butland

Im sorry, but did that story really p*ss anyone else off?

Why the f*ck would we want Jack Butland? Krul has been great so far this season, and Fahrman is untried, and by all accounts a very good keeper should we need him.

Why the f*ck would a club that spent £750,000 this summer, with a clear club philosophy go and sp*nk £25m we havent got on a keeper we dont need. 

Just lazy journalism that stinks of ignorance about our club. We are one of the 20 elite clubs in this country and deserve a better level of informed comment from people whose profession it is to know about stuff like this. It angers me that people earn a living from such utter tripe

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Why the f*ck would a club that spent £750,000 this summer

*excluding loan fees :classic_wink:

• Like 1

If Ralf not stay permanently we definitely  need new keeper and Butland at good age and British is great deal if cost around 12 mil imo

The only way this has legs is if Fahrmann wants out. But without any hint that this is the case I think we can tick it off as journo hype and maybe an agent putting out a “come and get me I am available” shout 

Perhaps we do want Jack Butland but the fee was made up? 

He's actually more a Norwich type player than perhaps you believe. Seriously highly rated youngster who for whatever reason finds his career faltering in his mid twenties... Moritz Leitner anyone?

Butland actually good with his feet and could have his best years ahead of him, it makes a fair bit of sense. 

The fee is ludicrous, we wouldn't pay that, but I don't think he would cost that if Stoke need to cut the wage bill... His stock isn't too high right now. 

If the figure was £10m in the summer it would make a lot of sense, how much do you think Shalke will want for Ralf?  He won't come cheap, he has a high profile. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten