Sign in to follow this  
Brown Canary

Chris Sutton

I was very disappointed with Chris Sutton punditry on BT yesterday his comments were imo diabolical and he sung Chelsea’s praises all match .. You wouldn’t think he played for us once upon a time ago ! 

• Like 1

Thought he had sight problems probably makes him ideal to be a pundit on BT.

26 minutes ago, Brown Canary said:

I was very disappointed with Chris Sutton punditry on BT yesterday his comments were imo diabolical and he sung Chelsea’s praises all match .. You wouldn’t think he played for us once upon a time ago ! 

He did have a spell at Chelsea as well.

4 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

My irony meter just broke.

3 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

Very disappointed in him, took completely the wrong view of things  

Me too, You'd  think that as an ex copper  he"d know better 😉

8 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He is awful and makes Savage sound balanced. The man should be on Talksport and would still come across as over opinionated. 

I thought he is on Talk$hite ?

25 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

He is awful and makes Savage sound balanced. The man should be on Talksport and would still come across as over opinionated. 

Sadly punditry is now about creating your own headlines.

He is a bit of a **** sometimes, and I shall tell him so when I next join him for a venison steak.

I find him quite amusing to be honest, he's making a decent little career for himself playing devil's advocate and enjoying himself in the process. 

He went bankrupt a few years ago after some poor investment decisions so needs the punditry gigs and his old man is struggling with dementia . Did wind me up a bit but that's the niche he has carved for himself, live and let live. 

He said a lot of complimentary things about Norwich last season so I didn't let it wind me up too much. 

Every group of friends has that one mate who is a constant wind up merchant, the "he's a **** but he's OUR ****" mate, I find it easy to have a little chuckle at Sutton when it's other teams so not going to get annoyed when it's our turn to get a little poke. 

Knowing Sutton he'll wind up Chelsea fans next time, he just enjoys rubbing people up the wrong way. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Didn't hear his latest match punditry, but I genuinely do like his co-commentating on the radio. And he is usually quite complementary about us.

it's TV, he doesn't want to come across (and pigeon holed) as that 'Norwich chap' who only gets dragged out when we play

there have been worse... Townsend,and a local lad Danny Mills who seems to have developed a 'speech inpediment' since moving to Yorkshire and also wears the obligatory chip on the shoulder ... albeit a fat thing the size of a roast potato and stinking of lard (the chip that is... I think)

So let's not go down the road of the whinging binners, accept what those in the studio say by understanding who is paying the piper and calling the tune - and do our talking on the pitch and making the noise next to it

it is the men in the yello shirts I am interested in, not those in shirts that suggest there are up before the magistrates for D/D ....ahem 😊

http://forum.rangersmedia.co.uk/topic/303663-alan-brazil-drink-driving-video/

Edited by Bill

Only you could turn a thread about Chris Sutton and his pundrity into a dig at the Scum and what the heck Alan Brazil has to do with anything ?

I think i know what response this post will get.

Chris Suttons one of the best players I've seen play for Norwich City but he's never been a very nice person!

I don't worry about the pundits opinions cause the "little ole Norwich" urban myth is hard to shake of and anyway I'd rather be under rated than over rated!

Suttons wind up nature and general not very nice personality is in reality a breath of fresh air for punditry cause he certainly doesn't sit on the fence and says the truth even if it isn't nice to hear!

He was right about Naismith a few years ago ! - "His legs have gone!" 

12 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I find him quite amusing to be honest, he's making a decent little career for himself playing devil's advocate and enjoying himself in the process. 

He went bankrupt a few years ago after some poor investment decisions so needs the punditry gigs and his old man is struggling with dementia . Did wind me up a bit but that's the niche he has carved for himself, live and let live. 

He said a lot of complimentary things about Norwich last season so I didn't let it wind me up too much. 

Every group of friends has that one mate who is a constant wind up merchant, the "he's a **** but he's OUR ****" mate, I find it easy to have a little chuckle at Sutton when it's other teams so not going to get annoyed when it's our turn to get a little poke. 

Knowing Sutton he'll wind up Chelsea fans next time, he just enjoys rubbing people up the wrong way. 

In summary, would you say it’s one big wind up, Teemu?

Rather strangely I found him very anti Norwich on Saturday. He is normally shrewd and well balanced and supports the Canaries style of play. Perhaps he is aggravated by the frequent reference to "Pukki being the greatest Canary Striker" we have ever seen. Time will tell.

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

Ordinarily I would agree but he interrupted my enjoyment of the game. I am used to Tyler spoiling it but Sutton is another level. 

You should try having Brian Kerr,  ex ireland manager commentate,  he waffles about everything but the game. His co commentator  often has to remind him to concentrate on the game while tells a story about a 15 year old Damian Duff, during a 88th minute corner with the score at 1-1. 

• Haha 1