Zimmermann

Heise

Vrancic

Amadou

Roberts

Srbeny

Buendia

Idah

Don’t think there will be so many changes but those ten need minutes on the pitch if fit and ready. 

It’s surely got to be time for Amadou, especially with how exposed our midfield looked yesterday? Can see Farke going for Tettey/Vrancic combo though. 

Fahrmann

Byram, Klose, Hanley, Heise

Vrancic, Amadou

Roberts, Cantwell, McLean

Srbeny

I know it’s only the cup but still can’t see Farke throwing Idah straight into the starting line-up. Lack of wing options without Onel. 

Edited by Excited Canary

One team selection has only one of yesterday's starting eleven and the other one just two but i think Farke  will only make at the most six changes as he does take cup games more seriously than previous managers.

• Like 1

I'll have stab at..(assuming Drmic is injured)

......Fahrmann......

Byram.Zimmerman(Hanley).Klose.Heise

......Amadou.....Tettey....

Roberts.....Vrancic.....McLean

.......Srbeny.........

McGovern, Idah, 5 academy players

Farke always very respectful for cup games but we used only 12 players for  our starting 11 in 3 games so too many need to add minutes and probably will be complete turnover .

I believe can be 9-10 changes but most interesting moment is if Farke already decide to change Hanley for West Ham are is possible Klose to start  2 games in 4 days after long spell out!?

If no then who will play centre defence?

I don’t see Buendia playing. I see it something like this:

Fahrmann

Byrom, Klose, Amadou, Heise

Roberts, Tettey, Vrancic, McLean

Srbeny

Drmic (Assuming he’s fit)

If Drmic isn’t fit I’d play Idah.

Amadou is not a CH, he can play there but not in the EPL. We need him as DM. Needs to be blooded in the team asap in that position. Some won't like it but there will be times where 2 DMs are needed.

27 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Amadou is not a CH, he can play there but not in the EPL. We need him as DM. Needs to be blooded in the team asap in that position. Some won't like it but there will be times where 2 DMs are needed.

Amadou might not be a CB however it’s a match where he can have a run out as well as letting others have a turn too.  The other alternative is to play Hanley again but for me I would be inclined to get as many players who can play CB match fit ASAP so we can quietly remove Hanley. Norwich’s defensive fortunes should improve once this happens whoever takes over.

Saturday must have been a gruelling 90 mins or so, and with West Ham next the starting 11 from sat will need all the rest possible

And I believe the teams named above should be up to a win, if not why /

They are expected to be up to PL standard, so creepy Crawley should not be too much of a threat.

(I hope)

Edited by Bill
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Would be quite happy if none of Saturday's team were there.  The others need minutes and the chance to impress Farke to get noticed and push for a place in the Pl team.

Is there not some rule about a certain number of players need to be in the squad who were in the last league team?

10 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Is there not some rule about a certain number of players need to be in the squad who were in the last league team?

No..

sort of wishing I was going to this now, if I'd have organized it better could have spent the day on Brighton beach and then gone to this in the evening..

I think that is spot on, amadou and fährmann should get a start to show what they can do

Yep, I think there might be more changes than we’ve perhaps seen in earlier season under Farke. The good thing with this squad is that there are a lot of players we haven’t seen much of yet this season who did get quite a bit of game time under Farke last season - so we aren’t cobbling 11 together who don’t “know” how to play the system/way Farke wants them to. 

On 25/08/2019 at 14:11, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

I'll have stab at..(assuming Drmic is injured)

......Fahrmann......

Byram.Zimmerman(Hanley).Klose.Heise

......Amadou.....Tettey....

Roberts.....Vrancic.....McLean

.......Srbeny.........

McGovern, Idah, 5 academy players

Given today's press conference , I'll revise as...

..........Fahrmann....

Byram..Zimmerman..Klose...Heise

......Amadou...McLean....

Roberts....Srbeny....Vrancic...

...........Idah..............

I think it will be a Hanley / Klose combo at CH the rest as per GJL's line-up. I think Zimmermann is only just back in training and won't be risked but might be on the bench. Looking forward to seeing what Idah can do as we need game changers on the bench for league games.

Fahrmann

Byram    Hanley    Klose    Heise

Vrancic    Amadou

Roberts      Stiepermann     McLean

Srbeny

Hanley & Stiepermann need to find some form. If Idah is available, bring him on for the last 25/30 mins. Tettey & Zimmermann to make an appearance. 

Farhmann

Byram                                                            Klose                                                              Hanley                                                          Heise 

McLean                                                        Amadou                                                

Roberts                                                        Srbeny                                                          Vrancic 

Idah.

Edited by splendidrush

Fahrmann

Byram, Klose, Hanley, Heise

Amadou, McLean

Roberts, Srbeny, Vrancic

Idah

McGovern, Godfrey, Cantwell, Steipermann, Tettey, Pukki, Adshead.

• Like 1

I feel foolish even asking, but presumably there's nowhere streaming it tonight?

Farke doesn't usually go for full scale rotation in cup games but I wonder if that might change this season.

Reckon it might be something like...

Fahrmann

Byram, Hanley, Klose, Lewis

Vrancic, Amadou

Roberts, Steipermann, Cantwell

Pukki