Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Amadou

Language may be part of the issue, because he has to understand and fit in with the way we play - and there is a lot more to that than some people realise. Farkeball is incredibly all encompassing and it requires total immersion in how the team plays - and the way we play has been built up over months so new players coming in especially without a pre-season here are going to find it harder to fit in.

I would be more interested in Roberts appearing, as he did have a pre-season with us. I expect both of them will have the cup game to show us and Farke what they can do.  Big match for both of them.

I'm sure he knows some. He would've studied it for years at school and would no doubt have heard plenty of it in the dressing room at Nice and Sevilla as it's a pretty universal language, especially when you get people of different nationalities mixing together. The English language is pretty hard to avoid nowadays.

Nope. That would have been catered for,  even if he didn't speak a word of it (highly unlikely) . How do you think Bielsa got all his instructions over to his players last season?

I find it hard to believe we would loan a player knowing that he couldn't speak english and then not play him because of it.

There is a massive difference in the speed of the Premier League game compared to La Liga plus he's gonna have to learn to 'press' for 90 mins, as well as pass the ball. I would imagine it's just a case of him getting up to speed and getting to the levels of Trybull & co. Firmly expect him to figure against Crawley otherwise there's no point having him, or Roberts for that matter.

• Like 1

Can’t believe for a moment that this is true - if it is that suggests awful planning on behalf of SW/DF which doesn’t seem that likely.

That said, upping sticks and moving country is a pretty big deal, so put that all in the mix of getting up to fitness, new teammates, tactics etc etc and you are possibly closer to the reason.  

I imagine we’ll see him midweek, it’d be extremely odd if we didn’t see all our (uninjured) new players.

22 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Can’t believe for a moment that this is true - if it is that suggests awful planning on behalf of SW/DF which doesn’t seem that likely.

That said, upping sticks and moving country is a pretty big deal, so put that all in the mix of getting up to fitness, new teammates, tactics etc etc and you are possibly closer to the reason.  

I imagine we’ll see him midweek, it’d be extremely odd if we didn’t see all our (uninjured) new players.

How is it awful planning ? They got a good player, they're just waiting for him to understand what he's being told to do and have the ability tk communicate with his backline (an area where communication is hugely important) before he gets put into the squad.

It really doesn't seem that odd to me.

He will learn the essentials quickly enough.

3 hours ago, Renskay said:

How is it awful planning ? They got a good player, they're just waiting for him to understand what he's being told to do and have the ability tk communicate with his backline (an area where communication is hugely important) before he gets put into the squad.

It really doesn't seem that odd to me.

He will learn the essentials quickly enough.

I was talking about just the language being the issue - it isn’t and won’t be, so you can wind your neck in!!

Edited by Branston Pickle

25 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I was talking about just the language being the issue - it isn’t and won’t be, so you can wind your neck in!!

I know what you meant and I imagine is an issue for the moment.

But as I said he'll learn the necessary parts soon enough and will join the squad.

So calm down Mr Pickle.

Unless I am mistaken a football is round in England the same as in France put him in

38 minutes ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

Does anyone know why Amadou hasn't even been on the bench yet?

I suppose if the issue is that he isn’t quite up to speed/sharpness, it’s even more brutal to throw him in at the 70 minute stage when everyone else is up and running and he’s “cold”. 

Ich spreche Deutsch , Englisch und Französich , aber leider bin ich ein hochst miserabeler Fußballspieler ... Tur mir Leid...

Je parle français , mais ça sert à rien , si je ne peux pas jouer du football a un tel niveau extraordinair

I suspect the hope is he'll be an upgrade on Trybull as the season develops. We should get a good look at him tomorrow. Let's not forget, we also have Tetts!

Farke has said he doesn't know which topic is best. CM or DM. Whether he is better to push the pineapple or shake the tree. 

9 hours ago, paddycanary said:

I suspect the hope is he'll be an upgrade on Trybull as the season develops. We should get a good look at him tomorrow. Let's not forget, we also have Tetts!

I suspect there will be games where we'll see Alex & Ibrahim in MF, 

There's so much creativity in the squad. Emi, Todd, Teemu, Mario, Marco; now we have Patrick as well with Onel to return. All carry a goal threat & can collectively befuddle any opposition, so, with the above pairing, we might need one of those to drop back (rotationally) to knit the midfield to attack without losing significant creativity.

I've never, ever been so excited by the possibilities for Norwich to provide exciting, attacking, SUCCESSFUL football.