Sign in to follow this  
Icecream Snow

Match of The Day

Whilst the first half was closer, Chelsea dominated the second half comprehensively.

It seems reasonable to focus on them.

Yeah, but last week we won 3-1, and had Murphy replaying the Pukki hat trick, and Shearer focusing on Almiron's lack of link up play for "balance" reasons, even though Newcastle weren't in the game.

YAWN

Who cares how much MOTD talk about us. Every lower table team seems to complain the media don't care about us. When we do amazing things they do notice. Example Pukki last week the media have been all over us because of him all week... stands to reason when we loose to Chelsea and it's their first win of the season they will be the topic of conversation rather than us.  

• Like 3

I mean I expected them to concentrate on Chelsea but they literally had nothing on us! Their interest in us Summed up perfectly when Murphy calls Buendia, Guendia

Can't really complain. Chelsea won the match so they focussed on their good points. We lost but they couldn't focus on our bad points because there was nothing we were particularly bad at. Murphy said we played well, but it was the quality of some those Chelsea players that swung it in their favour and fair analysis. 

We had to be good to match them - and even at 3-2 we were still in with a shout. Good game and it was a credit to us in the PL - and it was the reason we were first on the programme.

I don't know why people are still annoyed or surprised about this. We will never, ever be a club that the pundits will praise often or care about in the slightest, despite what we are doing on the pitch. It's the way it has always been and is the way it will continue to be. That sort of praise and attention is only reserved for a select few clubs, such as the big 4.

Oh, and Bournemouth 🙄

Not watched MOTD for years, I am surprised that many still do.

Sky have the highlights of every PL game up on Youtube within an hour of the games finishing

4 minutes ago, Molly Windley said:

Not watched MOTD for years, I am surprised that many still do.

Sky have the highlights of every PL game up on Youtube within an hour of the games finishing

It's a bit of a national footballing tradition. Same as watching the 6.00 or 10.00 news. You can get it all elsewhere at anytime, but I guess some of us are institutionalised in the old-fashioned ways.

I don't think the man with the ears - that make his head look like the FA Cup -  even mentioned our existence.

Smug overpaid tossers, all of them

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

I don't think the man with the ears - that make his head look like the FA Cup -  even mentioned our existence.

Smug overpaid tossers, all of them

His interview with Pukki last week came across as very condescending. 

This hullabaloo about the national media is getting old now. Every TV programme or every newspaper report is followed by either 'THEY AREN'T TALKING ABOUT US ENOUGH' or 'THEY'RE SAYING BAD THINGS ABOUT US'.

We really need to take the collective chip off our shoulder about this. If we compare it to, let's say, Sheffield United, I doubt the coverage is any different.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

It's a bit of a national footballing tradition. Same as watching the 6.00 or 10.00 news. You can get it all elsewhere at anytime, but I guess some of us are institutionalised in the old-fashioned ways.

I seldom watch it, except when we win and even then I fast forward over the pundits drivel. I preferred the good old days when you actually got extended highlights of a couple of games, now it's just a quick gloss over the goals that were scored. You can get that on Sky/You Tube and don't have to listen to the useless pundits. I cannot believe someone like Ian Wright actually gets paid for the stuff he comes out with.

22 hours ago, Icecream Snow said:

with Ian Wright talking about Tammy Abraham

and Danny Murphy talking about Kovacic

Both of which played very well.

15 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

Good. Let's stay under the radar. We don't want people analysing us.

then you have not seen www.saddo.com where every step, kick, fart and header is analised to the nth degree

Chelsea are a bigger club than us, they will be in the PL next season whereas we are regarded as mere 'cannon fodder' .......as were Blackpool, Swansea and Bournemouth at various times

when these knobends have any impact on what happens on the pitch, at Colney or in the board room then I might listen to them, otherwise more fool anyone who pays heed to them or expects any different

and I would point you instead towards that Ben Bloom chap, who maybe a binner, but is a worthy listen and is someone who knows what he is talking about.... shame we can't lure him up the road 😉

and for those not familiar with him here's his review of us v binners

Edited by Bill