Sign in to follow this  
Fiery Zac

VAR

If anyone has any issues with var than surely they must now be gone with the knowledge that without var chelsea would have been awarded that goal yesterday. Shocking decision from the officials and highlights how much we need var in the gameĀ 

47 minutes ago, JF said:

If anyone has any issues with var than surely they must now be gone with the knowledge that without var chelsea would have been awarded that goal yesterday. Shocking decision from the officials and highlights how much we need var in the gameĀ 

I'm 99% sure that Atkinson would've given a foul had there been no VAR. He was just using VAR to be certain.

• Like 1

Too much inconsistency with VAR. Why on earth wasnā€™t that a pen for Man City just now?? An obvious error but understandably not seen by the ref, should be overturned. Weā€™d be fuming if that wasnā€™t given, and decisions like that could be pivotal for us, certainly a lot more than for city (whoā€™ve just scored again)

VAR only as good as those using it and the guidelines theyā€™ve been given. Itā€™s the new rules and advice given to refs and those controlling VAR that I find baffling.

Ā 

• Like 1

VAR doesnā€™t really change anything as itā€™s still subjective. Itā€™s also there just for clear and obvious errors in the big decisions. Chelsea quite happily spent all of injury time at the end of the match wasting time and pretending to be injured and the refĀ did nothing, which means in general the ā€œbigā€ teams will still get the favourable decisions.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FenwayFrank said:

VAR doesnā€™t really change anything as itā€™s still subjective. Itā€™s also there just for clear and obvious errors in the big decisions. Chelsea quite happily spent all of injury time at the end of the match wasting time and pretending to be injured and the refĀ did nothing, which means in general the ā€œbigā€ teams will still get the favourable decisions.

Standing on a players foot causing them to fall is a foul. Is that not a clear and obvious error? It was for a penalty so definitely a big decision. Also the decision went against Man City so not a ā€˜bigā€™ team getting that decision.

I think itā€™s more an instruction that theyĀ must keep with the on field decision unless mind bendingly, ludicrously obvious theyā€™ve missed something. This is an awful stance to have because we now have the technology to spot and rectify a mistake and itā€™s being ignored.Ā I believe the vast majority of fans and pundits would say that should have been a pen today yet because the powers that be are scared to admit referees make mistakes, theyā€™re sticking with poor on field decisions.

Thatā€™s not my point, I know all teams will waste time near the end of a match but Chelsea were ott with it and the ref did nothing. Itā€™s obviously nothing to do with var either so big teams still get treated differently by refs.

20 minutes ago, Fiery Zac said:

Standing on a players foot causing them to fall is a foul. Is that not a clear and obvious error?

Yes, but whoever was on var duty today decided it wasnā€™t, as I said, itā€™s still subjective so decisions wonā€™t always be right

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fiery Zac said:

Too much inconsistency with VAR. Why on earth wasnā€™t that a pen for Man City just now?? An obvious error but understandably not seen by the ref, should be overturned. Weā€™d be fuming if that wasnā€™t given, and decisions like that could be pivotal for us, certainly a lot more than for city (whoā€™ve just scored again)

VAR only as good as those using it and the guidelines theyā€™ve been given. Itā€™s the new rules and advice given to refs and those controlling VAR that I find baffling.

Ā 

Agreed... it was a clear penalty and I think also in the Spurs game.Ā 

7 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thatā€™s not my point, I know all teams will waste time near the end of a match but Chelsea were ott with it and the ref did nothing. Itā€™s obviously nothing to do with var either so big teams still get treated differently by refs.

Yes, but whoever was on var duty today decided it wasnā€™t, as I said, itā€™s still subjective so decisions wonā€™t always be right

They need also to ensure that those making VAR decisions are independent and totally impartial.Ā 

Edited by paul moy
  • Haha 1

And another one in the spurs game. Going with the on field decision which I believe the vast majority would say was wrong. Shouldā€™ve been a pen

23 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Which is why I said the advice they have been given is whatā€™s so baffling. The technology is there to show humans make mistakes and Ā poor decisions should be corrected and yet theyā€™re choosing to ignore it. Subjective yes, but the decision Iā€™m talking about and now the one in the spurs game are hardly debatable and everyone Iā€™ve listened to and read from say it was a pen.

PENALTY DECISIONS

The role of the VAR is to ensure that no clearly wrong decisions are made in conjunction with the award or non-award of a penalty kick.

Ā 

Ā 

1 minute ago, Fiery Zac said:

PENALTY DECISIONS

The role of the VAR is to ensure that no clearly wrong decisions are made in conjunction with the award or non-award of a penalty kick.

Ā 

Ā 

The VAR adjudicator must be a Newcastle or Arsenal fan !!

Three clear penalties in our game, Man City game and Spurs game all missed. Var isnā€™t being used correctly here, itā€™s as if the refs are not giving major decisions based on the knowledge it will go to var, then var is backing the referee whoā€™s effectively bottled theĀ decision

• Like 2

On 24/08/2019 at 18:31, Capt. Pants said:

I thought Chelsea could have had a 4th, the ref did check it. It's instinct to celebrate a goal narrow offside or not.

The fact that the referee even gave the 4th goal shows how bad he was tho