Sign in to follow this  
daly

Man of the Match vrs Chelsea

Totally agree superb and what a football brain for such a young age! He’s going to be an 90 million pound defender one day!

It's difficult to not give it to Pukki after a goal and an assist, but Godfrey was our best player aside from Pukki. He was just let down a bit by receiving little protection.

He is one of a number of our young players to come on leaps and bounds in the last 12 months. I'm not sure what Farke is doing with them on the training pitch, but the value of these players when we're forced to sell them will be astronomical.

Godfrey our MOM by a country mile -- He's going to make a cracking DMC one day 👍

I thought Buendia also played very well, on the other side of the coin I still think we will see Fahrmann, Krull/Zimmermann and Amadou come into the team over the international break. 

Can't wait to see what Amadou's got -- could change the whole system and starting 11.

26 minutes ago, Jools said:

Can't wait to see what Amadou's got -- could change the whole system and starting 11.

I think Amadou will be the missing link allowing our wing backs to bomb forward and Leitner to take up a more forward position, genuinely positive excited in seeing Zimmermann & Godfrey, with Leitner and Amadou in midfield with front four as they are! What will we do to lesser teams! I think we’ll tonk a team 5 or 6 this season.

Edited by Indy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

I think Amadou will be the missing link allowing our wing backs to bomb forward and Leitner to take up a more forward position, genuinely positive excited in seeing Zimmermann & Godfrey, with Leitner and Amadou in midfield with front four as they are! What will we do to lesser teams! I think we’ll Toni a team 5 or 6 this season.

Is this more urban slang that has passed me by?

17 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Is this more urban slang that has passed me by?

Yeh 

predictive text after a few pints and bbq! 😂👍

10 minutes ago, Indy said:

Yeh 

predictive text after a few pints and bbq! 😂👍

Doing a William😉

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Surfer said:

I thought Buendia also played very well, on the other side of the coin I still think we will see Fahrmann, Krull/Zimmermann and Amadou come into the team over the international break. 

I think Emi should be dropped and Mario in. Emi is not winning tackles like last season, whereas Mario is a good ball winner and creative. 

6 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

I think Emi should be dropped and Mario in. Emi is not winning tackles like last season, whereas Mario is a good ball winner and creative. 

It would mean we play to deep, by playing Emi we keep a higher line and pose a threat, Pukki wouldn’t have scored today without Cantwell and Buendia.

We were up against a world class midfield today so not too many conclusions can be drawn. Shame Pedro was injured in the warm up as Barkley was outstanding. We were outnumbered and outgunned in midfield, just a bit too clever for our boys.