Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Keith Scott

Patrick Roberts

Recommended Posts

Game was crying out for Hernandez when we needed to counter-attack. Roberts is the closest thing we have to him.

Srbeny is definitely seen as the understudy to Stiepermann. I can sort of understand that as he doesnt look to have the ability as a forward at this level, and if we want to play with a central target man/attacking midfielder then he might be able to contribute. Wonder if Farke has seen something from him or whether it's borne out of necessity

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Previous criticism of Roberts has been his willingness to work back as Cantwell exemplified today. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Unless he's injured Roberts' exclusion from the bench is a concern. I'd question the need to have 3 central midfielders on the bench and when we're already a wide player down in Hernandez to then by choice leave out another seems odd.

  The general lack of quality on the bench with Drmic also being out is a concern.

An Important game at Crawley on Tuesday for a few players to possibly prove their case and their fitness.

Hopefully Klose and/ or Zimmerman can come through as either are urgently needed...hopefully Amadou can show a quality that renders him essential for the first team....and hopefully Roberts can put in a display that puts him firmly back into the fold

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Myra Hawtree said:

Roberts was fantastic in the friendly win at Luton and takes a good corner - unlike Buendia.

Waveney returns!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can only assume Roberts was injured. When you're trailing, whether you can track back or not is irrelevant. Today with possibly the exception of Vrancic our subs were inept. There was nothing there to change the game which is not an overly concern when you are playing the likes of Chelsea, one of the top sides in Europe, but when it's fixtures against teams we must get points from it is a concern.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can only assume Roberts was injured. When you're trailing, whether you can track back or not is irrelevant. Today with possibly the exception of Vrancic our subs were inept. There was nothing there to change the game which is not an overly concern when you are playing the likes of Chelsea, one of the top sides in Europe, but when it's fixtures against teams we must get points from it is a concern.

Inept?  They all did fine.  In fact Vrancic was probably the worst of them all, and he was fine too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Orly said:

Inept?  They all did fine.  In fact Vrancic was probably the worst of them all, and he was fine too.

Not really did they? Where was Srbeny supposed to be playing? Up front, midfield or left wing? Look we were playing Chelsea so I can't get too wound up about it either way. West Ham away is more important and a game we must get something from. Just think we need some game changers on the bench, Accept Hernandez and Drmic are injured biut we need to be more bold imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

I can only assume Roberts was injured. When you're trailing, whether you can track back or not is irrelevant. Today with possibly the exception of Vrancic our subs were inept. There was nothing there to change the game which is not an overly concern when you are playing the likes of Chelsea, one of the top sides in Europe, but when it's fixtures against teams we must get points from it is a concern.

Dont agree with that, they upped the energy level significantly and for me Vranic and Kenny made good contributions.

The way in which they came on was a mess, as was the final phase of the game which was ruined by the way Chelsea chose to interrupt play, and the way the ref fell for it every time.

The whole spectacle became very disjointed after the substitutions, but i dont blame them for that 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with this - We needed someone who could come on and provide a bit of creative spark and instead we got Srbeny. Nothing against the guy whatsoever on a personal level, he seems to be a great lad who gives 100% but it was pretty clear today that he's nowhere near good enough for this level. Roberts at least has the ability to pull off an unexpected move which could have unsettled the likes of Chelsea's defence  - Dennis unfortunately didn't do much of anything when he came on.  
Stiepermann himself didn't have a great game either, lots of misplaced passes - I'm really hoping somebody puts in a great performance in the cup and is able to start challenging him for the starting place as it will push him on to do better

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Van wink said:

The way in which they came on was a mess, as was the final phase of the game which was ruined by the way Chelsea chose to interrupt play, and the way the ref fell for it every time.

Yeah, all they had to do was sit down and Atkinson would stop the game. Seconds later another one does it and the game is stopped again.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Funnily enough I thought to myself for the least twenty how we could have done with Onel to give their fullbacks a good runout. I'd completely forgotten about Roberts, very strange we didn't have him as an option

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Amadou and Roberts don't feature against Crawley then it's reasonable to assume they be part of first team plans for the immediate future.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

If Amadou and Roberts don't feature against Crawley then it's reasonable to assume they be part of first team plans for the immediate future.

I believe that Amadou has not featured as his English is not great and Farke insists the team communicate in English.

If his English is OK and he and Roberts don't have a role to play against Crawley it is because their attitude is not right. Farke is not one to suffer fools gladly, be they loans or under contract. One only has to refer to Marcus Edwards and Nelson.

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Keith Scott said:

Should have been on the bench. Game was crying out for him last 20 minutes. That is all. 

Probably a very good reason why he wasn’t.

Thats all 😉

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Lampard is an intelligent manager. He knew how we would play, and set his team up to do the same. 

They found space all over the pitch as we did with them in the first half. 

2nd half, we weren't given space to breathe, but they found the creativity to pick us off. 

There was no link up play, pukki was isolated. Sloppy passing. 

On our best day we would have won. (or drawn lol) 

Edited by Chelm Canary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/08/2019 at 17:05, Capt. Pants said:

I can only assume Roberts was injured. When you're trailing, whether you can track back or not is irrelevant. Today with possibly the exception of Vrancic our subs were inept. There was nothing there to change the game which is not an overly concern when you are playing the likes of Chelsea, one of the top sides in Europe, but when it's fixtures against teams we must get points from it is a concern.

Our subs had about 10 minutes to influence the game. Thats not long enough. The lads were obviously flagging in the heat and fresh legs were needed at 70 minutes 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Harry53 said:

Our subs had about 10 minutes to influence the game. Thats not long enough. The lads were obviously flagging in the heat and fresh legs were needed at 70 minutes 

Agree entirely and that's another issue. Just why were the subs so late? And bringing on 3 all at once is likely to cause more of hindrance than help. Given the temperature, we were comfortably losing and it looked as though some players were out on their feet early 2nd half it was a strange one. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 24/08/2019 at 14:42, The Great Mass Debater said:

Game was crying out for Hernandez when we needed to counter-attack. Roberts is the closest thing we have to him.

Srbeny is definitely seen as the understudy to Stiepermann. I can sort of understand that as he doesnt look to have the ability as a forward at this level, and if we want to play with a central target man/attacking midfielder then he might be able to contribute. Wonder if Farke has seen something from him or whether it's borne out of necessity

I’d say necessity, I think Turnbull was going to be the understudy. I want srbeny to start behind Idah in the cup tomorrow. Then we can see if he can actually be effective 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Agree entirely and that's another issue. Just why were the subs so late? And bringing on 3 all at once is likely to cause more of hindrance than help. Given the temperature, we were comfortably losing and it looked as though some players were out on their feet early 2nd half it was a strange one. 

Worked against Wigan last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 21:26, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’d say necessity, I think Turnbull was going to be the understudy. I want srbeny to start behind Idah in the cup tomorrow. Then we can see if he can actually be effective 

Well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/08/2019 at 21:26, Dr Greenthumb said:

I’d say necessity, I think Turnbull was going to be the understudy. I want srbeny to start behind Idah in the cup tomorrow. Then we can see if he can actually be effective 

Answer was no, by the way. Srbeny cannot. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, WD40 said:

Answer was no, by the way. Srbeny cannot. 

I never thought he was going to be any good, but I trust farkes judgement. Never really understood the point in him at the club

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×