Sign in to follow this  
Dogbo Daggins

Chelsea Injuries

I dont care who plays for them, I fancy us today. Chelsea are nowehere near Liverpools level and although they have better players than us on paper, they don't scare me without Hazard. I think this will be a tough season for them.

I do acknowledge the ACN effect against a winless Chelsea means they might batter us though.

7 hours ago, Dogbo Daggins said:

Apparently Kante and Rudiger are likely not available for the match, so that is good news for us. Chelsea look like a different beast with Kante, and with his absence especially, it gives us an even better chance of a good result 🙂

Agree. We have injuries too, that’s football – but one difference is that it’s not us who will feel a need to make excuses for our club in advance and no-one would listen if we tried to (few paid much heed to our injuries ahead of the Newcastle demolition, many had their focus on Brucie and the Mags, as they did after the game too). However Daniel points out there are plenty inside the game who know about us now, including other clubs’ chief coaches. So it should be only the fans whose radar we come in under this season.

But, and it’s the biggest but, that takes no account of the psychology of the people who actually kick the football and although they will be nervous, no-one can tell me that, even after the start they have had, the Chelsea players as a group will not expect to win, it’s that mind set which helps make top players. It’s also any group’s Achilles heel. There will likely be just one or two whose egos dictates they expect to go ahead then go on cruise control. We have the team to identify them and pounce and – as Kick it Off points out – no Hazard.

4-1 after going behind.

Edited by crispeduk

3 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Been quiet lately, not laying in to Cantwell. At least your beloved Ipswich are winning!

He's a home and away st holder & known to many of us, so is hardly an Ipswich fan ??

25 minutes ago, Diane said:

He's a home and away st holder & known to many of us, so is hardly an Ipswich fan ??

That’s a fan laying into players, deary me

10 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

That’s a fan laying into players, deary me

He needs to go to Specsavers, Todd is easily one of the most improved players from last season

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Diane said:

He needs to go to Specsavers, Todd is easily one of the most improved players from last season

Exactly! We all have a player we dislike, but not setting a witch hunt on here for them

11 hours ago, Diane said:

He needs to go to Headsavers...the guys not roight in tha heed.