Sign in to follow this  
TeemuVanBasten

Unpopular opinion...

He simply isn’t good enough to make the step up to this level. There is no scapegoating there, it’s just opinions based on what we’ve seen in these first three games. Joe Cole commented on it in the after match analysis and Jake Humphrey had to point out we had injuries in that position. Amusingly Joe Cole said at Hanleys age it looks like he’s struggling with the pace of the league, he’s 27!

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

Jesus there’s some seriously touchy people on here! I’m glad you pointed out how we struggled until we changed the team first 6 games last year.

Not touchy, just don't agree with you, is that okay?

13 minutes ago, Indy said:

And no sense of entitlement, when you gain promotion into the richest league with European champions and Europa Cup winners with injuries mounting up, shouldn’t you strengthen the squad if an area needs it?

Possibly, but if Webber says that we don't have the budget, what is the solution?

15 minutes ago, Indy said:

No scapegoating, just opinions and three games in who seriously thinks Hanley warrants keeping his place?

I've never mentioned 'scapegoating'.

Clearly, given the circumstances, DF thinks he warrants keeping his place and it's his decision. 

Leave the guy alone, it's a Team game, support the Team.... all of them. 

1 minute ago, splendidrush said:

Not touchy, just don't agree with you, is that okay?

Possibly, but if Webber says that we don't have the budget, what is the solution?

I've never mentioned 'scapegoating'.

Clearly, given the circumstances, DF thinks he warrants keeping his place and it's his decision. 

Leave the guy alone, it's a Team game, support the Team.... all of them. 

No budget, loan someone in?

The go to scapegoating quote is mentioned all over the threads regarding Hanley, funny enough everyone trying to use this defence for Hanley.

He keeps his place through lack of options at the moment.

Has anyone booed or not supported Hanley, just starting opinions on a football discussion site! We all support the team.

3 minutes ago, Indy said:

No budget, loan someone in?

Got any ideas? We're looking for a Premier League quality CB, on loan until our 'regulars' are fit. Seriously, if it were possible don't you think Webber would have done it?

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

The go to scapegoating quote is mentioned all over the threads regarding Hanley, funny enough everyone trying to use this defence for Hanley.

You've never read it from me, I'm not his biggest fan but given there's no other option, I would have thought that we could cut him some slack.

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Has anyone booed or not supported Hanley, just starting opinions on a football discussion site! We all support the team.

I'd hope that no one booed given the progress over the last 12 months. Stating opinions is fine, I've no issue with that as long as it's constructive. 

9 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Got any ideas? We're looking for a Premier League quality CB, on loan until our 'regulars' are fit. Seriously, if it were possible don't you think Webber would have done it?

You've never read it from me, I'm not his biggest fan but given there's no other option, I would have thought that we could cut him some slack.

I'd hope that no one booed given the progress over the last 12 months. Stating opinions is fine, I've no issue with that as long as it's constructive. 

Who knows what the summer targets were, how it panned out, but we’re here and restricted on who we can play at CB.

We’re discussing the game, I’ve said all the way through, he’s giving his all but found wanting at this level as a lot of people have, no ones giving him grief directly, camping outside his house or saying he’s not trying, like Naismith who clearly only ever can to top up his pension and never wanted to be here. Hanley cares you can see that, it’s frustrating as we could have got a draw yesterday, the team played fantastic yesterday and are a credit to how football should be played, if only we had two Godfrey’s.

4 minutes ago, Indy said:

Who knows what the summer targets were, how it panned out, but we’re here and restricted on who we can play at CB.

We’re discussing the game, I’ve said all the way through, he’s giving his all but found wanting at this level as a lot of people have, no ones giving him grief directly, camping outside his house or saying he’s not trying, like Naismith who clearly only ever can to top up his pension and never wanted to be here. Hanley cares you can see that, it’s frustrating as we could have got a draw yesterday, the team played fantastic yesterday and are a credit to how football should be played, if only we had two Godfrey’s.

We don’t need two Godfreys we just need Zimmerman back from injury. Our best defender from last season and a natural leader. Yes we will still concede goals, it’s the PL coupled with our attacking approach. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Indy said:

no ones giving him grief directly, 

18 hours ago, Indy said:

Well based on the first half, he’s being turned inside out and struggling again, 

18 hours ago, Indy said:

And there we have it......Slow, turned easy then runs away from Abrahams, bloody way too slow for this league. 

If it were any more direct, it would be stalking. 

Just now, splendidrush said:

If it were any more direct, it would be stalking. 

Nothing stated there isn’t true and it’s on a football forum! Good grief!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

Nothing stated there isn’t true and it’s on a football forum! Good grief!

Haven't said it isn't true, just that loading all the blame on one player in a Team game is something that I don't agree with. 

I have defended Hanley but look forward to the return of Klose.

However, this is a forum to discuss all things Norwich, not a shrine to our club. I personally enjoy critical debate without having my loyalty questioned. It can be a bit precious on here at times. 🤫

And good morning!

Edited by The Bristol Nest
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bristol Nest said:

I have defended Hanley but look forward to the return of Klose.

However, this is a forum to discuss all things Norwich, not a shrine to our club. I personally enjoy critical debate without having my loyalty questioned. It can be a bit precious on here at times. 🤫

Critical debate is fine Bristol, I'm just wondering when someone is going to start a thread about Max.

At fault for possibly 2 at Anfield, he was at fault twice again yesterday, are we all going to pile in demanding Byram starts the next game?

If not, why not?

12 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Haven't said it isn't true, just that loading all the blame on one player in a Team game is something that I don't agree with. 

I’m not, just as you said highlighted the failings in how we conceded the goals! You’re trying to make something that isn’t there!

1 minute ago, Indy said:

I’m not, just as you said highlighted the failings in how we conceded the goals! You’re trying to make something that isn’t there!

I'm sorry, who else did you blame?

3 minutes ago, The Bristol Nest said:

To be fair, Aarons was a disgrace yesterday. 😉

Agree with others, they certainly weren’t as effective as they were second half of the Liverpool and all Newcastle games.

The game was great to watch, like I said we gave a top 6 side a good game yesterday and showed how we can play football, no disgrace and we’ll deserved praise.

Just now, splendidrush said:

I'm sorry, who else did you blame?

I’m not blaming Hanley either, just pointing out how he’s just not up to this level! Jesus Splended, get your head round this is a forum to discuss the game, Buendia hasn’t performed to his top level yet, Cantwell was great again, no one is to blame, but certain points of the game can be analysed and discussed on just how slow Hanley has been shown to be!

By the way, great move for our first goal andgreat ball through by Buendia for Pukki!

2 minutes ago, Indy said:

By the way, great move for our first goal andgreat ball through by Buendia for Pukki!

At least we can agree on that 👍

I think it is fair to be critical. As long as it isn't over the top. Hanley more than anyone will know his shortcomings at this stage. He was a reserve on loan when we got him. I assume Klose will play in the Crawley match and then will step into the team.

Results may well have been different with Klose or Zimmerman but we can't turn back the clock.

And Abrahams took both his goals well to be honest. We can say a particular player played poorly but I think we were well beaten but a much better team yesterday who luckily for us, can't defend either.

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

Critical debate is fine Bristol, I'm just wondering when someone is going to start a thread about Max.

At fault for possibly 2 at Anfield, he was at fault twice again yesterday, are we all going to pile in demanding Byram starts the next game?

If not, why not?

What is it with a section of our fans having to have a scapegoat?? Disgraceful...

Having  watched the goals - I'm not sure Hanley did a great deal wrong. 1 on 1 with a class striker in the box or worried about a ball over the top you have to gamble. Any CB would have the same dilemma and in this match probably with the same result. Yes Hanley can be improved upon - so can all the team and yesterday (and in the past two games) you can also start to see the defensive limitations of Lewis and Aarons (crosses come in) and / or the lack of doubling back by Emi (and missing Onel). 

So give Hanley a break - Klose or Zimmo will get their chance soon enough - but we all need to learn something from the Chelsea match - we are good attacking but too open in defence. Giving the ball away in unexpected circumstances is likely to be punished whoever he centre backs are!

MOTM was Godfrey - didn't let his head drop - but general question - the heat seemed to favour Chelsea - were they just fitter?  

1 hour ago, JF said:

What is it with a section of our fans having to have a scapegoat?? Disgraceful...

There you go with the 'scapegoat' again 😉

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

There you go with the 'scapegoat' again 😉

👍😂