Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Watching Saturdays game in Paris?

Hi all, I will be in Paris overnight tomorrow as my friends band are headlining a festival at the Domaine National de Saint Cloud Park over the River Seine. As that’s located just the other side of the river itself, can anyone recommend a bar etc to watch Norwich v Chelsea in the city itself? A bit of a long shot but you never know!, many thanks folks.

48 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Thanks again Frank, all suggestions are welcome - especially because after tonight’s aftershow party, god knows which area of Paris I’ll end up! 🤪🍾🍻😂

Bagster is your man, but I fear he may have lost his log in details.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

Hi all, I will be in Paris overnight tomorrow as my friends band are headlining a festival at the Domaine National de Saint Cloud Park over the River Seine. As that’s located just the other side of the river itself, can anyone recommend a bar etc to watch Norwich v Chelsea in the city itself? A bit of a long shot but you never know!, many thanks folks.

Hi mate, lots of ex pat bars in Paris to choose from. The frog & percy pub at Bercy village is good. O'Briens Irish bar which is about ten mins from the tower is another option. Enjoy

• Like 1

Thanks VW and Jaberry!

At Gatwick Airport now, walking through the check in aisles some random shouted across the hall ‘CARROW RD!!!!’ (I’ve got my Leitner 3rd shirt on!)

Does the band do any old Beatle's covers? #"If Eiffel in love with you would you promise to be true."# 😉

Enjoy your gig an' Paris trip....."A lad in Seine"...... 

11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I take it you mean the Let's Eat Grandma girls?

The line-up for that festival looks pretty decent. Aphex Twin headlining on Sunday! Wicked.

34 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Does the band do any old Beatle's covers? #"If Eiffel in love with you would you promise to be true."# 😉

Enjoy your gig an' Paris trip....."A lad in Seine"...... 

Haha, cheers, not a covers band, Mello - but they’re often covered themselves.

34 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

I take it you mean the Let's Eat Grandma girls?

The line-up for that festival looks pretty decent. Aphex Twin headlining on Sunday! Wicked.

Hi Bob, I did see that Norwich’s finest are on the bill, unfortunately they are playing on a different stage and I will be busy.

The band I’m going to see are called The Cure.

28 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Hi Bob, I did see that Norwich’s finest are on the bill, unfortunately they are playing on a different stage and I will be busy.

The band I’m going to see are called The Cure.

So which member is your friend??

That's amazing!

44 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

That's amazing!

Don't you go getting jealous and upset now Bobbins....coz "Boys Don't Cry"...... 😞 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Don't you go getting jealous and upset now Bobbins....coz "Boys Don't Cry"...... 😞 

😂

I like The Cure but probably not as big of a fan as some. I'm simply intrigued!

1 hour ago, BobLoz3 said:

That's amazing!

Know them all to be fair but my friend is Jason, the drummer. Check him out headlining Glastonbury this year...

20 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

Know them all to be fair but my friend is Jason, the drummer. Check him out headlining Glastonbury this year...

Very cool! Have a great time!

Wow - that is one pretty good band to class as mates, seen them lots of times and easily one of the best live bands around.  You should get Simon to swap his Reading flag for a Norwich one!

33 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

Very cool! Have a great time!

Cheers Bob, have a great weekend with 3 points yourself! OTBC

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

Wow - that is one pretty good band to class as mates, seen them lots of times and easily one of the best live bands around.  You should get Simon to swap his Reading flag for a Norwich one!

Haha that would never happen, Simon’s a Royal through and through. Robert, QPR. Roger, West Ham (the ex long term guitarist Perry is a Hammer very loosely too), Jason, Twerton Rovers in Bristol (down to earth as ever). And guitar genius Reeves, known as ‘The White Hendrix’ in the US and whom was also in David Bowie’s band for 15 years, well he’s from New York, don’t think he’s too fussed with soccer ball. 

Have been to every sports bar I can today, and no one will show it because apparently the French are playing Rugby. A massive city like this and no ones showing a premier league game?

Some lovely people took pity on me and turned over from the French game without me asking - I said I’d tried everywhere! Bloody hell 1-1 what have I missed?!

8F1BDF69-36DA-4706-B3D7-15618DBC0A3B.jpeg

Hope the festival is/was as good as I expect.  

You only missed each side scoring with pretty much their first efforts!  We put up a good effort today against one of the top 6 but came up just a little short - not totally unexpected, we need our best players and firing at near-100% to get results against the likes of Chelsea.

• Like 1

On 24/08/2019 at 15:10, Branston Pickle said:

Hope the festival is/was as good as I expect.  

You only missed each side scoring with pretty much their first efforts!  We put up a good effort today against one of the top 6 but came up just a little short - not totally unexpected, we need our best players and firing at near-100% to get results against the likes of Chelsea.

Hi Branston, the band played a great show, but it followed a terrible tragedy earlier in the day which the crowd were not aware of at the time. The Cure family sadly lost Ricky, the drum tech, hours before the show - he was a much loved, and unbelievably brilliant, human being. Salt of the earth. It was a very difficult night, but the band decided the show would go on in his honour. I’m not sure how they pulled it out of the bag, but they did, and it was a very emotional night. 

That’s sad news - not great with them playing that night....I guess that’s one where the old adage that ‘the show must go on’ is a bit too literal.

• Like 1

Grandaughters wedding on Saturday so will miss the game. Bit rude to get out the tablet while the pudding and clotted cream is served. Probably will have a few pints of the black stuff plus the sherry by 17.30 so I'll be in a good mood anyway. Might even do the watusi while listening to the beat combo with Mrs KG.

11 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Grandaughters wedding on Saturday so will miss the game. Bit rude to get out the tablet while the pudding and clotted cream is served. Probably will have a few pints of the black stuff plus the sherry by 17.30 so I'll be in a good mood anyway. Might even do the watusi while listening to the beat combo with Mrs KG.

Now we're  in the premier league  there will be a full run of the whole match on fullmatchesandshows.com,  from an hour or so after final whistle .so if you keep away from radio tv and idiots that shout out the score, you can watch at yout leisure.  I managed to do this a couple of years  back  during that lull  in wedding proceedings between food and dancing. Where there's a  will......