Sign in to follow this  
ron obvious

Zimbo back in Training!

18 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

Just as long as the net lining hasn't perished.....

“Ive popped out again Lynn...”

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fantastic news, although I thought Hanley had a decent game against the geordies its great to see Zimbo back out on the grass. 

11 minutes ago, lincsy88 said:

Fantastic news, although I thought Hanley had a decent game against the geordies its great to see Zimbo back out on the grass. 

Good news but agree Hanley had a good game against the Geordies and will start on Sat Im sure

5 minutes ago, Yelloow Since 72 said:

Might Zimbo and Klose get game time in the cup next week?

Likely I think - hopefully Adam as well. Impressed with his pre-season cameos; looks like he could be another useful cog to slip into the Farkemachine.

2 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

Apart from being at fault for the Newcastle goal and almost allowing Joelinton to score a head at 0-0.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Bethnal Yellow and Green said:

Apart from being at fault for the Newcastle goal and almost allowing Joelinton to score a head at 0-0.

Careful Bethno. You'll start it all off again.😉

• Haha 1

46 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Careful Bethno. You'll start it all off again.😉

Awaits Ldc. 5,4,3,2,1.....

• Haha 1

It is an interesting opinion that Hanley didn’t have a great game against Newcastle and was at fault for their goal though. I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up on by anyone? 

Edited by JF

5 minutes ago, JF said:

It is an interesting opinion that Hanley didn’t have a great game against Newcastle and was at fault for their goal though. I’m surprised this hasn’t been picked up on by anyone? 

That isn't the point.  The point is the team performance.

Just now, lake district canary said:

And we’re off 🎣🎣😂

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

You started it, I am just doing what you are meant to do on a discussion board....discussing.

But that's the thing Lakeyo, you dont discuss , you repeat yourself and lecture us on why our opinions are wrong because you have DF on speed dial and he tells you his every move, in advance.  So i'll leave it there, thanks.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lincsy88 said:

Don't they do random testing any more?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Of course it's the point.

The TEAM performance was excellent, Hanley's was one of the weakest displays in that TEAM, and as BYG pointed out, was at fault for the goal, and didn't mark Joelinton for their best chance.

It's not unfair to point this out and say we think Zimbo or Klose would be a better choice.

Aarons and Lewis were each at fault for a Liverpool goal - didn't see them getting criticised too much. Hanley hasn't played for 9 months and he will improve with game time. This time last year we were crying because he was injured.

When Farke says that we win as a team and we lose as a team I think he also means that we support as a team.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Indy_Bones said:

Of course it's the point.

The TEAM performance was excellent, Hanley's was one of the weakest displays in that TEAM, and as BYG pointed out, was at fault for the goal, and didn't mark Joelinton for their best chance.

It's not unfair to point this out and say we think Zimbo or Klose would be a better choice.

I’ll save you time. Just read the ever felt so comfortable thread. It will save you hours of your life and effort 

Just now, sgncfc said:

Aarons and Lewis were each at fault for a Liverpool goal - didn't see them getting criticised too much. Hanley hasn't played for 9 months and he will improve with game time. This time last year we were crying because he was injured.

When Farke says that we win as a team and we lose as a team I think he also means that we support as a team.

Aaron’s was at fault but it’s harsh to blame Lewis who was left in the middle of the goal completely mis matched against van ****. 

4 minutes ago, JF said:

Aaron’s was at fault but it’s harsh to blame Lewis who was left in the middle of the goal completely mis matched against van ****. 

No Hanley as captain and big lump should have picked up Van ****, not left it to Lewis, I’m sure they were told their assignments and he got that one wrong. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s on of the points discussed at half time!

Thing is Hanley only rated a 4 I believe in most polls, for his Liverpool performance so had to improve against Newcastle at home!

i hope he continues to improve and has a MOM performance Saturday, would be great to get something against Chelsea, long term Zimmermann & Godfrey will only continue to improve as a pairing.

49 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

But that's the thing Lakeyo, you dont discuss , you repeat yourself and lecture us on why our opinions are wrong because you have DF on speed dial and he tells you his every move, in advance.  So i'll leave it there, thanks.

As I read through this subject I saw people saying they were baffled why people would think Hanley would be staying in the team until the team...I repeat "the team".....loses.  Yet despite me and one or two others trying to explain the situation and how Farke generally likes to work, you get a barrage of more of the same....it's as if you cannot comprehend or have not been paying attention to the way things work.

I'm not saying that there won't be changes, there may be, it's not for me to say, but generally and almost without exception (excepting multiple games spaced close together) Farke plays a winning team again.  So the odds are that Hanley will keep his place until the team as a whole loses, regardless of who is waiting in the wings.

I know it's not a popular viewpoint with some of you and you want think the best players are on the pitch, but it does not work like that with DF.   All individuals in the squad are valued and he would not undermine a player's confidence by dropping them after a stunning team performance. 

33 minutes ago, Indy said:

No Hanley as captain and big lump should have picked up Van ****, not left it to Lewis, I’m sure they were told their assignments and he got that one wrong. Wouldn’t be surprised if that’s on of the points discussed at half time!

Thing is Hanley only rated a 4 I believe in most polls, for his Liverpool performance so had to improve against Newcastle at home!

i hope he continues to improve and has a MOM performance Saturday, would be great to get something against Chelsea, long term Zimmermann & Godfrey will only continue to improve as a pairing.

If you actually watch the move you'll see McLean and one other going forward under the cross, both of them marking nothing but grass, leaving Van **** on his own with Jamal. 

6 minutes ago, Number9 said:

If you actually watch the move you'll see McLean and one other going forward under the cross, both of them marking nothing but grass, leaving Van **** on his own with Jamal. 

That’s the zonal marking we tend to do, but when you have a clear danger like Van **** he’s normally given to the best defender and the others do the zonal marking. No way is Lewis to blame he should never be left with Van ****.

Hanley was marking the zone the ball was dropped into but was blocked off by Fabinho leaving VVD with an easy chance. Who’d have thought the European Champions would have come up with something like that!

55 minutes ago, Indy said:

No way would Hanley have not marked the man he was assigned to. 

In a zonal system defending teams generally have their best headers of the ball in the areas of most danger. Hanley and Godfrey were doing those roles. 

In the 2 half Norwich stopped man marking VVD at corners and concentrated on not letting the ball get to him - which worked much better than having Lewis pick him up. 

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

As I read through this subject I saw people saying they were baffled why people would think Hanley would be staying in the team until the team...I repeat "the team".....loses.  Yet despite me and one or two others trying to explain the situation and how Farke generally likes to work, you get a barrage of more of the same....it's as if you cannot comprehend or have not been paying attention to the way things work.

I'm not saying that there won't be changes, there may be, it's not for me to say, but generally and almost without exception (excepting multiple games spaced close together) Farke plays a winning team again.  So the odds are that Hanley will keep his place until the team as a whole loses, regardless of who is waiting in the wings.

I know it's not a popular viewpoint with some of you and you want think the best players are on the pitch, but it does not work like that with DF.   All individuals in the squad are valued and he would not undermine a player's confidence by dropping them after a stunning team performance. 

I know what you are saying , you've said it enough times the last couple of days, except now you are backtracking, initially it was 'DF will not change a winning line up', now its' i'm not saying there won't be changes'. 

And as for the paragraph below, words almost fail me, except they don't,  apart from being condescending  and pompous all at once, i'm not entirely sure it correct.

LDC said; I know it's not a popular viewpoint with some of you and you want think the best players are on the pitch, but it does not work like that with DF.   All individuals in the squad are valued and he would not undermine a player's confidence by dropping them after a stunning team performance. 

As you are so certain, despite saying you are not certain in the main paragraph(in the box above), i hope you are right, whatever point you are trying to be right about, otherwise you would look a complete idiot. I am sure there is a part of you that isn't one.