Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Ashton

If he does go then let''s give him credit for his attitude and application.

I''ve always suspected Newcastle would want him, he would fit in there very well.

As someone has just said on Canary Call: what if we rejected a big offer and he got injured.

We can expand our squad with the money and we are not a one man team.

Let''s back him and support him whatever because he continues to earn his corn.

I think Newcastle too. Some toon fans are already seeing him as a replacement for big al.

And as you rightly point out, we arent a one man team. Ashton wasnt here when we got to Cardiff, or when we won the league. Although it would be tough to do it without him!

I think if we hadn''t of played so well in the last 3 games he''d have been off.  However,,,,

His personal performances have improved, as have the teams''.

I really do think that we have to keep him if we have any chance of going up. I know you say we will invest the money from his projected sale, but would we?! I think not. Worthy would be given 2 million at most, which is not enough to replace him, the rest would be given elsewhere.

Ashtons'' application has been top-notch. Too many of our team are confidence based players. At Luton earlier this season, when 4-0 down, only Ashton looked like he cared, and to be fair, he could have got us something from the game.

Unless we get a silly offer (ie, 10mil) i don''t think we should sell

We will never replace him if he leaves. We  are not a 1 man team, but we still rely on him FACT. We should not sell him because if he stays we will reach the play offs FACT.

Too be honest, its going to be a gamble getting rid of him, i would rather keep him

Ok the money would be nice, but theres not a lot of Talent of Ashtons style of build to litrally replace the lad, the way he plays is the way norwich are based now, around Ashton.

It would upset the team too much to get rid of him in my opinion

He is a quality player so he must stay, simple as that. I''m not suggesting we could hang on to him for ever but he is on a long contract, he is our player and if we have any sort of ambition we need to sit him down and tell him he is staying until at least the end of the season. If we don''t get up, then we will revisit the situation. We are not LITTLE Norwich, the selling club - we are a potential mid-table Premiership club but we will never achieve that potential by selling our best players. We need to add two more quality players to the squad (right-sided midfielder who can go past defenders and a goal-scoring central midfielder, potentially Jarret??) and we will have the playoffs in our sights.

Anybody placing their bets for a play-off final against George Burley''s Sot''on (when he sorts them out !!)

Mark .Y.

I have a feeling that it will come down to two things (1) an offer over £7 mil. and (2) that offer coming from a big established premiership club. If these 2 things fall into place then we will accept the offer and Ashton will want to go. I for one would not blame either the club or the lad.