ben_645

If you could take any one previous Norwich player...

Genuinely hard to think of anyone better than most of our current players!

1 minute ago, Yellow Fever said:

Not that I think Holty was good enough for this imaginary side it's a disgrace he never got an England shirt!

What annoyed me most about that was that he was the second highest English scorer after Wayne Rooney that year and they picked Andy Caroll instead who had scored I think one goal that season. If he had been playing for a ‘bigger’ club he would have gone to that summer’s tournament.  

2 hours ago, John Ryans Express said:

Kevin Keelan

Had to get to page 2 before someone came up with the obviously right answer! For an outfielder I would agree with Peters, or perhaps Eadie or Huckerby, either of whom would be an upgrade.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, JF said:

You mean if we could take one past player in their prime, and then put him on the bench despite being a far superior player. and have him sit there because the others already have the shirt!? Ok then I’d have Ian Crook in his prime to warm our bench 

Thought a bit too much into this haven’t you?

I never knew Martin peters played for you. Sutton or dean ashton would be good alongside pukki. But being biased you could do with a Dave Watson at the back. Great player for us. 

5 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Snodgrass

Good player and the required work ethic for Farke, but not quite a good enough team player and would sometimes keep the ball too long as a result? Guess we'll never know whether Farke could have coached that out of him.

Its going to have to be a young Darren Kenton for me, travesty that he didn't go further in the game and looked two levels above us before going backwards at Southampton. Would love to see how far he could have gone with this current coaching team considering what they've done to our current crop. 

Plus we could do with a centre back at the minute but most of our legendary ones are in the old fashioned Grant Hanley mould! 

Defo Steve Bruce

....before last weekend he was an 'Also Ran'

Edited by Foxy2600
comedic value

Keelan as an upgrade on our current players. Huckerby as a different option - but as he didn't do any tracking back from the wing he wouldn't get in a Farke team. Peters or Maddison also good shouts.

8 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

Timmy Bryceland, would perfectly fit our style of play 

So would his twin brother Tommy Bryceland but for me it would have to be Ian Crook

I'd take 2021-22 season future Maddison... Technically cheating a bit but he's a former player and that'll likely be when he's in his prime! Already one of the most naturally gifted midfielders ever to wear the shirt, has stepped up a further level at Leicester beyond the fantastic performances he gave for us, and plenty more to come.

3 hours ago, Evertonian said:

I never knew Martin peters played for you. Sutton or dean ashton would be good alongside pukki. But being biased you could do with a Dave Watson at the back. Great player for us. 

Indeed he did. I remember seeing him play.

However for me I would look at either Kevin Keelan or Chris Woods in goal.

Bellamy or Darren Eadie would be interesting to see in this team set up as well.

14 hours ago, andyc24_uk said:

I'd take 2021-22 season future Maddison... Technically cheating a bit but he's a former player and that'll likely be when he's in his prime! Already one of the most naturally gifted midfielders ever to wear the shirt, has stepped up a further level at Leicester beyond the fantastic performances he gave for us, and plenty more to come.

That's what I was going to say. He hasn't reached his prime yet, but I think that if/when he does, there's a real possibility that he'll be the best player to have passed through this club*.

*I'm too young to remember anything earlier than the late-90s.

Martin Peters would have been a Farke/Webber type player - perceived to be past it at Spurs; his work rate, his movement off the ball, his passing and vision, and his ghosting around the box at set pieces. I could see him making one of his diagonal runs to connect with the ball at the near post and score with a glancing header.

Still one of the best players we've ever had.