ben_645

If you could take any one previous Norwich player...

If you could take any one previous Norwich player in their prime and put them in the current first team, who would you pick?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Hucks6 said:

TREVOR HOCKEY 

Oh yes!

But I think VAR might notice someone tackling like a JCB.

Whilst it was before my time, In their prime would probably be Martin Peters (he wasn't in his prime for us was he?). However, in my time watching, I think I'd pick Bellamy or Eadie.

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Whilst it was before my time, In their prime would probably be Martin Peters (he wasn't in his prime for us was he?). However, in my time watching, I think I'd pick Bellamy or Eadie.

True, but he still managed 206 games for City and scored 44 goals.

He actually played more times for Norwich than he played for Spurs.

You mean if we could take one past player in their prime, and then put him on the bench despite being a far superior player. and have him sit there because the others already have the shirt!? Ok then I’d have Ian Crook in his prime to warm our bench 

This all reminds me of a thread a few years back on TWTD which tried to compile a best eleven from the players from both clubs over the years.

It was so massively blue tinted and parochial it was embarrassing.

Our great 'keepers, from Keelan through to Woods and others were overlooked as were Culverhouse and Bowen along with the likes of Reeves and Crook. I could write a long list.

Peters got a mention, but the most outrages omission for me was that Ron Davies didn't even exist whilst Paul Mariner was considered a world beater.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Fit Dean Ashton, probably the best forward, his progress cut short by injury....... or Martin Peters, Absolute Legend

• Like 1