Sign in to follow this  
ABC (A Basingstoke Canary)

FL's Chelski

Bearing in mind the last time that FL was at Carrow Road, I trust that the staff in and around the Floodlight Mains Switch are not allowing any "dodgy" folk in who "just want to check the lights"......

Whilst on the subject, could management please get an electrician in on standby with a couple of spare fuses - just in case.....

Finally, also please ensure that there are no "fog machines" within the vicinity of CR..... (Older folk will remember the League Cup semi final of '72 when we were 3-2 up and a little bit of fog descended and the poor Chelsea players couldn't handle it and they badgered the ref - nothing new there - and lo, the match was abandoned!) :classic_biggrin:

6 hours ago, ABC (A Basingstoke Canary) said:

Bearing in mind the last time that FL was at Carrow Road, I trust that the staff in and around the Floodlight Mains Switch are not allowing any "dodgy" folk in who "just want to check the lights"......

Whilst on the subject, could management please get an electrician in on standby with a couple of spare fuses - just in case.....

Finally, also please ensure that there are no "fog machines" within the vicinity of CR..... (Older folk will remember the League Cup semi final of '72 when we were 3-2 up and a little bit of fog descended and the poor Chelsea players couldn't handle it and they badgered the ref - nothing new there - and lo, the match was abandoned!) :classic_biggrin:

To be fair it was pretty thick all match.  I was up the Riverend and we had no idea what was happening up at the Barclay - there was a noise and it gradually filtered down the sides that we had scored. It's just that a wall of even thicker fog rolled in with 5 minutes to go.

2 hours ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

To be fair it was pretty thick all match.  I was up the Riverend and we had no idea what was happening up at the Barclay - there was a noise and it gradually filtered down the sides that we had scored. It's just that a wall of even thicker fog rolled in with 5 minutes to go.

We followed a car home on the road to Bungay and ended up in a farm ! Couldn’t see two feet in front