The two main problems which Farke kept repeating were team selection and substitutions. 

I did make this clear in my post.

These two concerns were well documented in the media throughout the season and were there for everyone to see. 

We struggled through many games thankfully to get where we are now, whether Farke has learned those lessons will largely determine our destiny in the big league. 

Edited by Number9
Explaining

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

The two main problems which Farke kept repeating were team selection and substitutions. 

These two concerns were well documented in the media throughout the season and were there for everyone to see. 

We struggled through many games thankfully to get where we are now, whether Farke has learned those lessons will largely determine our destiny in the big league. 

What on earth are you talking about?

We lost just SIX games last season. I don't remember that many of the others being a particular struggle.

I guess you could say the one we really got wrong was Preston away but that's it...

Edited by BobLoz3

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

😉

27 minutes ago, BobLoz3 said:

What on earth are you talking about?

We lost just SIX games last season. I don't remember that many of them being a particular struggle.

I guess you could say the one we really got wrong was Preston away but that's 

That stat is correct but doesn't actually tell the whole story. 

Many times, even during our unbeaten run,  we were just getting through with the last kick of the game or hanging on defending for our lives.

One of the main reasons for this was Farke playing the same team week in, week out. Our players were exhausted. 

This was despite there being fresh players on the bench who could have been utilized. Not just any players, some of the best players at our club / in the league, were left on the bench or subbed on with a few minutes to go to wind down the clock. 

1) You could see that with your own eyes 

2) It was widely and regularly reported on in the media 

3) Bielsa did the same thing, they weren't as fortunate as us with the end result 

Team selection and use of substitutes was a weakness for Farke last season, we got away with it playing against teams at that level. We wont get away with it playing against Premier League teams, it's a lesson Farke must learn. 

27 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Many times, even during our unbeaten run,  we were just getting through with the last kick of the game or hanging on defending for our lives.

One of the main reasons for this was Farke playing the same team week in, week out. Our players were exhausted. 

This was despite there being fresh players on the bench who could have been utilized. Not just any players, some of the best players at our club / in the league, were left on the bench or subbed on with a few minutes to go to wind down the clock. 

3) Bielsa did the same thing, they weren't as fortunate as us with the end result 

Team selection and use of substitutes was a weakness for Farke last season, we got away with it playing against teams at that level. We wont get away with it playing against Premier League teams, it's a lesson Farke must learn. 

Hmmm... I would argue that it's better to keep a settled side if possible.

Also... Far fewer games in the Prem and more rest time in between.

But that's cool. I think I kind of get what you're saying. I just think it's rather pointless given the outcome last season

"Team selection and use of substitutes was a weakness for Farke last season, ...."

No more so than any other manager. Fans will always usually find something to disagree with any manger's selection at any club. It's about opinions and favourites and as far back as I can remember I have often been inclined to prefer a different starting eleven, no matter how slight a difference of opinion.

What supporter in the land doesn't criticise a manager for making his substitutes too late in the game when their side is losing? It's habitual. 

".... we got away with it playing against teams at that level. We wont get away with it playing against Premier League teams, it's a lesson Farke must learn."

Tell us something we don't know already. We are now a fledgling Premier League team.It won't be a piece of cake. Sometimes he'll get it right,sometimes wrong... not unusual for any manger whatever the club,whatever the budget.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Number9 said:

That's an interesting perspective, we got so many late winners because our players were exhausted....

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Number9 said:

What you're actually saying is that Farke didn't pick the same team or substitutions as you would have made and if he had done we would have lost even fewer games and got more points.

For the record there were times when DF didn't pick the same team as I would have done but I accept he knows a lot more about his players than I do and the league table show most emphatically that he knows exactly what he's doing. His record is real life while your opinion is nothing more than that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Number9 said:

With respect, I wholeheartedly disagree with every single one of your points and have pretty much the polar opposite opinion..

45 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

With respect, I wholeheartedly disagree with every single one of your points and have pretty much the polar opposite opinion..

You're entitled to your opinion, as I mentioned, the media spent months highlighting these issues. Its historical fact, it happened, I'm hoping it doesn't happen this season. 

13 minutes ago, Number9 said:

You're entitled to your opinion, as I mentioned, the media spent months highlighting these issues. Its historical fact, it happened, I'm hoping it doesn't happen this season. 

So, once we've sacked Mr. Farke (which you're evidently advocating), who do you suggest we should appoint?

30 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Some of the media also predicted relegation for us at the start of last season and many of the outlets weren't initially that complimentary of us this season either.

Something we have to get used to I guess.

Edited by BobLoz3

17 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

So, once we've sacked Mr. Farke (which you're evidently advocating), who do you suggest we should appoint?

I see no evidence of no 9 advocating the sacking of DF, you've fallen into polarisation mode Rono. No9 is merely pointing out what he feels are a few topics that should be considered. He is advocating for his sacking no more than you are offering DF a job for life,no matter what. That is the opposite polarisation of his opinions. Crass eh?

17 hours ago, Number9 said:

Making me feel a bit nauseous reading this thread. 

Yes he's done well, but he made loads of mistakes last season and weve not actually seen if he's learnt anything from that to improve his management in the Premier League. 

Time will tell if he has learnt lessons regarding team selection, use of substitutes etc.

I sincerely hope he has and that we all have a successful season, but please stop gushing on, use your eyes and brains a bit.

Well, WCC, if that's not saying he's a rubbish manager who needs replacing I don't know what is.

Do you agree with him WCC? Who do you think should be our manager?

3 hours ago, ron obvious said:

Silly boy

2 hours ago, ron obvious said:

1.Well, WCC, if that's not saying he's a rubbish manager who needs replacing I don't know what is.

2.Do you agree with him WCC? 3.Who do you think should be our manager?

1 ,At no point does he say he's a rubbish manager or call for his replacement, look at the words, they mean something but not what you say they mean. 

2. Not entirely, see, it is possible to see some middle ground between agree completely and disagree completely.

3. Daniel Farke.

There, that wasn't so difficult to answer without taking a polarised view. 

I would wager that DF would admit be made some mistakes last season, to suggest otherwise would put him into the Brian Clough egomaniac bracket, which I do not believe he is.

Sorry to be borderline patronising but sometimes there is no other way to answer such questions, all my answers are truthful and from my own head, I am extremely content that he is our manager/ coach and long may this run of success continue. I have no beef with him or you so chill, you won't get a reactionary tirade from me. ....even if we lose the next three ,four or even five games. Our Club is a work in progress  and is not perfect, maybe it never will be, but for now we're doing ok, a few more wins and we'll be better than ok. 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

1 ,At no point does he say he's a rubbish manager or call for his replacement, look at the words, they mean something but not what you say they mean. 

2. Not entirely, see, it is possible to see some middle ground between agree completely and disagree completely.

3. Daniel Farke.

There, that wasn't so difficult to answer without taking a polarised view. 

I would wager that DF would admit be made some mistakes last season, to suggest otherwise would put him into the Brian Clough egomaniac bracket, which I do not believe he is.

Sorry to be borderline patronising but sometimes there is no other way to answer such questions, all my answers are truthful and from my own head, I am extremely content that he is our manager/ coach and long may this run of success continue. I have no beef with him or you so chill, you won't get a reactionary tirade from me. ....even if we lose the next three ,four or even five games. Our Club is a work in progress  and is not perfect, maybe it never will be, but for now we're doing ok, a few more wins and we'll be better than ok. 

he made loads of mistakes last season and weve not actually seen if he's learnt anything

From you:

"At no point does he say he's a rubbish manager " So what does the above statement imply?

If I felt like that about a manager I'd want him out ASAP, wouldn't you?

Of course he's made mistakes, every manager does. But loads? Seriously? Compared to whom? And hasn't learnt??

I agree, you're patronising alright. There are plenty of other ways to present your point of view without such an air of condescension - something you share with the OP.

5 hours ago, Number9 said:

Equally, you are entitled to your opinion, I just believe it is wrong. I would suggest it is anything but a historical fact, it is your interpretation of a situation, which, differs from mine. Citing the media isn't a particularly solid case either - I don't particularly remember that being reported and even if it was, that is still just an opinion of somewhere. Far from a fact.

1 hour ago, ron obvious said:

he made loads of mistakes last season and And hasn't learnt??

From you:

"At no point does he say he's a rubbish manager " So what does the above statement imply?

If I felt like that about a manager I'd want him out ASAP, wouldn't you?

Of course he's made mistakes, every manager does. But loads? Seriously? Compared to whom? And hasn't learnt??

I agree, you're patronising alright. There are plenty of other ways to present your point of view without such an air of condescension - something you share with the OP.

I adjust my tone to suit my company. to make things clear, y'know. 

So what does the above statement imply?.....not much unless you are a paranoid conspiracy theorist.

If I felt like that about a manager I'd want him out ASAP, wouldn't you?.....no, i dont feel like that, i told you i was content with him.

And hasn't learnt??..... thats not what he said , let me remind you .......  Number9 said  'weve not actually seen if he's learnt anything'. 

I also said i didnt entirely agree with him.......take it up with him.

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Equally, you are entitled to your opinion, I just believe it is wrong. I would suggest it is anything but a historical fact, it is your interpretation of a situation, which, differs from mine. Citing the media isn't a particularly solid case either - I don't particularly remember that being reported and even if it was, that is still just an opinion of somewhere. Far from a fact.

It was mentioned several months running by Davitt, Bailey and Freezer in print, online, podcasts and video report. 

It might have been questioned by them on one or two occasions, but I don’t recall it being a continuous thread over several months, and it was almost certainly never reported by any other journalists... or in opinion articles.

.... interesting Belisia (sp?) is accused of the same habit...

....we lost TWO games from XMAS to seasons end for goodness sake....and of those lost or almost lost, only two games that I can recall (Derby and Reading) had a later winner or equalizer for the other team, while we had several .... so we clearly were not tired, or at least no more tired than the opposition were, at the end of the season. 

9 hours ago, Number9 said:

It was mentioned several months running by Davitt, Bailey and Freezer in print, online, podcasts and video report. 

Which, is their opinion and not a fact.

The real facts are that we won lots of games, scored lots of goals, scored lots of late goals (suggesting higher fitness)  and lost very few. I would suggest the actual facts contradicts the opinions of some individuals.

Edited by All the Germans

3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Which, is their opinion and not a fact.

The real facts are that we won lots of games, scored lots of goals, scored lots of late goals (suggesting higher fitness)  and lost very few. I would suggest the actual facts contradicts the opinions of some individuals.

It's a matter of fact which players were on the pitch and which players were substituted at what time.

Those journalists I mentioned are professionals and were employed by Archant, the Archant whose articles you may have read before logging into Archant message board.

On 24/08/2019 at 12:14, Number9 said:

It's a matter of fact which players were on the pitch and which players were substituted at what time.

Those journalists I mentioned are professionals and were employed by Archant, the Archant whose articles you may have read before logging into Archant message board.

I agree. None of that however makes it a "historical fact" that Farke made mistakes last season. (The Archant journalists whilst professional are not infallible and only offer an opinion too, these cannot be considered facts.)

Facts: 1) He kept the the same team a lot. 2) He made late substitute. 3) We won the League. 4) We won lots of games.

Opinions: 1) We played brilliant football (my opinion) 2) Farke made mistakes.

I would suggest trying to separate your opinion from a fact. Just because you would have changed the team, made earlier substitutes (for what it's worth, so would I) etc, doesn't make it a mistake that Farke did not. The actual facts listed above contradicts that stance.

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1