Jump to content
Note to existing users - password reset is required Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Membership Scheme Meetings.

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh i get it i should be e-mailing the majority shareholders to clarify what is going on at these meetings not the bloke who will be chairing them. Really ?

Yes, absolutely. It is about time they fronted up to people rather than using paid cover.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

Yes, absolutely. It is about time they fronted up to people rather than using paid cover.

Tell them that at the AGM and i will look forward to seeing you in action

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, keefyboy said:

I won't waste a space diane I know lots of fans affected, we have met I am the chap in wheelchair.  I have plenty to say constructively rest assured. All the best Keith 

Why are my very few posts being misconstrued?

Now Keith of course I know who you are, bless you, but where did I say you would waste a space or not have anything to say? I didnt mention you & was merely teasing Tilly that he couldn't take a whole list of people with him 🤣 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Diane said:

Why are my very few posts being misconstrued?

Now Keith of course I know who you are, bless you, but where did I say you would waste a space or not have anything to say? I didnt mention you & was merely teasing Tilly that he couldn't take a whole list of people with him 🤣 

But Tilly has been asked how many will be coming with him by Charlotte Ballard.

Edited by TIL 1010

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

I've been on Tilly's list.

More than once....

Still time for you to get on this one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

I've been on Tilly's list.

More than once....

You don't want to be on my list 🙂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2019 at 20:24, Greavsy said:

You don't want to be on my list 🙂

 

On 11/09/2019 at 18:38, keefyboy said:

No problem at all diane keep up the good work

Hope to see you at the next event Keith 😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, king canary said:

Anyone go to the London one? If so how was it?

I understand it was discussed on Twatter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
A man called Matthew who went to the London meeting tweeted this
 
I spent the evening with Ben Kensall at a consultation on the membership scheme. I have some observations.
 
Ben is very impressive. I’ve worked in politics for 20 years and let me tell you that a lot of politicians can’t do what he did tonight. It was an impressive show of normalcy, niceness, competency and determination.
 
The evening was also clearly a genuine attempt to listen. It wasn’t set up as a show trial. He could’ve won points by coming down to London for a verbal beating. He did a bit of that *and* ran a proper, professional, thoughtful listening exercise. It was good and interesting.
 
The club is in a tough spot. There aren’t enough tickets for what fans want. And the club wants to make as much money from the process as possible without pissing people off too much. There are - imho - somethings they can do.
 
1. Make some tickets available to people who can show they have a long-standing commitment (ie points holders). And make some (25%?) tickets available to people who can’t or haven’t attended many games. 2. Do allocation of tickets by ballot/lottery not a 9am scramble.
 
3. Create an international membership so fans who travel hundreds or thousands of miles to see a game can get a ticket. 4. Have some sort of concessions 5. Whatever happens, definitely keep the glorious silky scarf they gave out with this years membership.
 
Anyway, the membership stuff has been annoying af but tonight’s meeting is another reminder that we have it *infinitely* better than any Norwich fans in decades. They got this one wrong but their efforts to fix it are genuinely impressive (so far). OTBC
 
 
 
 
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

How did the Man City fans get tickets in the City stand?

Are you going next Thursday or 22nd October winky as that is a valid question to ask ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Best thing to do is ask the people who usually sit there?

You beat me to it Nutty, was going to say the same thing ask the two st holders who usually sit in those seats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Are you going next Thursday or 22nd October winky as that is a valid question to ask ?

away next week.....is it an open meeting?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Diane said:

You beat me to it Nutty, was going to say the same thing ask the two st holders who usually sit in those seats

I will do at the next game.

Would be very surprised, in fact amazed, if they had loaned them to away fans, but of course will check.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/08/2019 at 15:13, TIL 1010 said:

i understand that 4 meetings are to take place.

One for those who live up North, one in London, one for those who e-mailed the club expressing concern/anger/disappointment or whatever you want to call it to be held in Norwich and a second one in Norwich for anyone who wants to go.

What are you actually hoping to achieve? Just to vent?

By my reckoning the memberships paid the Sam Byram fee. He's class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

What are you actually hoping to achieve? Just to vent?

By my reckoning the memberships paid the Sam Byram fee. He's class. 

I was rather hoping that the consultation exercise would achieve a fairer system moving forward than the mad scramble for tickets that is currently taking place the day they go on sale.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

I was rather hoping that the consultation exercise would achieve a fairer system moving forward than the mad scramble for tickets that is currently taking place the day they go on sale.

I do actually agree, but don't think any new system could come in effect this season now.

I've seen somebody suggest a ballot and that seems fair, if the premium memberships came with a guarantee of 4 tickets a season for example that would be fairer. 

Its what clubs like Man Utd do, my mate is guaranteed tickets to a league home game every season. Man Utd are of course a behemoth, but if we limited to an amount which could guarentee 'x' amount of tickets that would at least look ethically better. 

If the average is 3000 tickets per away game over 19 games then that's 57,000 tickets. 

Then you can guarentee one ticket over the season to season ticket holders.

That leaves about 36,000 tickets. 

Which goes easily into 4. Limit to 9,000 away memberships = 4 tickets each for them.

Option to have both a season ticket + an away membership, which gives 5 games to those people.

Would be quite complex to devise and introduce but I do agree that a far more equitable system is possible, and now I've typed the above I do agree that a fairer way should be found..

Also, £50 doesn't feel like much if it brings up to 4 away tickets. It puts £12.50 on the price of a ticket, and I think they are all £30 in this league? 

Now, £42.50 is actually less than I paid for a Leeds away ticket last season.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I do actually agree, but don't think any new system could come in effect this season now.

I've seen somebody suggest a ballot and that seems fair, if the premium memberships came with a guarantee of 4 tickets a season for example that would be fairer. 

Its what clubs like Man Utd do, my mate is guaranteed tickets to a league home game every season. Man Utd are of course a behemoth, but if we limited to an amount which could guarentee 'x' amount of tickets that would at least look ethically better. 

If the average is 3000 tickets per away game over 19 games then that's 57,000 tickets. 

Then you can guarentee one ticket over the season to season ticket holders.

That leaves about 36,000 tickets. 

Which goes easily into 4. Limit to 9,000 away memberships = 4 tickets each for them.

Option to have both a season ticket + an away membership, which gives 5 games to those people.

Would be quite complex to devise and introduce but I do agree that a far more equitable system is possible, and now I've typed the above I do agree that a fairer way should be found..

Also, £50 doesn't feel like much if it brings up to 4 away tickets. It puts £12.50 on the price of a ticket, and I think they are all £30 in this league? 

Now, £42.50 is actually less than I paid for a Leeds away ticket last season.

You can’t do that as it would mean people being able to go to a maximum of 4 away games in a season!

having attended the London meeting however I can tell you that a common theme from all the groups (attendees were split into groups and then reported back on how they think the system could be reformed to be fairer) was members (both for home and away memberships) being guaranteed at least a couple of tickets over the course of a season in return for their membership fee, as we did with the home memberships back in the mid 2000s I believe when. I am sure other ideas will be raised but if I was a betting man I would have a small wager on something like that being introduced as part of next seasons scheme. There were various other recurring themes as well. Kensell (who also got a hard time at times but took it well) will have left with a pretty clear steer on 4 or 5 things fans felt could be done to make the future system “fairer” and the impression I got was he is serious about trying to do that after all the grief they’ve had this season. I am pretty confident that very similar points will be made at the remaining meetings and the way forward for the club will become reasonably obvious for them. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

You can’t do that as it would mean people being able to go to a maximum of 4 away games in a season

I actually agree that guarenteeing a couple of tickets + having a ballot system for the rest is a better idea. The couple of tickets makes it less of a con. 

But your logic is flawed here, it wouldn't mean people could go to a maximum of 4 games a year because the only one to dish out all away tickets this way would be to have to offer some people tickets they don't actually want. 

So whilst you'd be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase 4 tickets over the course of a season, you will find that Burnley away on a Monday night might see lots of tickets rejected and redistributed. 

The actual flaw in my system is that people want to go to a game with a mate or partner, so my idea is rubbish unless you could 'couple' memberships. 

But yes, there needs to be some sort of guarantee with those memberships. Guaranteed a ticket to at least one fake before Xmas and one game after Xmas may be workable. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I actually agree that guarenteeing a couple of tickets + having a ballot system for the rest is a better idea. The couple of tickets makes it less of a con. 

But your logic is flawed here, it wouldn't mean people could go to a maximum of 4 games a year because the only one to dish out all away tickets this way would be to have to offer some people tickets they don't actually want. 

So whilst you'd be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase 4 tickets over the course of a season, you will find that Burnley away on a Monday night might see lots of tickets rejected and redistributed. 

The actual flaw in my system is that people want to go to a game with a mate or partner, so my idea is rubbish unless you could 'couple' memberships. 

But yes, there needs to be some sort of guarantee with those memberships. Guaranteed a ticket to at least one fake before Xmas and one game after Xmas may be workable. 

One other further point to add would be premium members like myself who live abroad and will only be in the country for specific games during a season (in my case it's just Spurs and Palace over the Christmas period). If they offered me a game in October and a game in February then it would be pretty useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I actually agree that guarenteeing a couple of tickets + having a ballot system for the rest is a better idea. The couple of tickets makes it less of a con. 

But your logic is flawed here, it wouldn't mean people could go to a maximum of 4 games a year because the only one to dish out all away tickets this way would be to have to offer some people tickets they don't actually want. 

So whilst you'd be guaranteed the opportunity to purchase 4 tickets over the course of a season, you will find that Burnley away on a Monday night might see lots of tickets rejected and redistributed. 

The actual flaw in my system is that people want to go to a game with a mate or partner, so my idea is rubbish unless you could 'couple' memberships. 

But yes, there needs to be some sort of guarantee with those memberships. Guaranteed a ticket to at least one fake before Xmas and one game after Xmas may be workable. 

I think what we will end up with is along the lines of:

A loyalty points system of some sort re-introduced for the high demand fixtures.

Each premier member guaranteed at least a couple away tickets per season (one of which may be for a "big 6" type fixture or perhaps with people able to express geographical preferences). Ditto for home members.

A small % of tickets for each game held back and (subject to demand - can just go to general sale for some games) allocated through a ballot to non premier members (or perhaps people who pay a nominal fee to be able to apply for said ballots).

Plus concession/family memberships for kids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of the Norwich meetings is this Thurs 26th ( that one is full) , the last one is in Norwich on Oct 22nd (you need to register on ncfc website)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks 

Do you really think there will be a change coming in the short term? I definitely concede that I was being naive when I purchased a standard away membership because I thought I couldn't get to many games anyway...thinking I would stand a chance if I wanted to go... But having to upgrade instantly to have nearly no hope either, was the spark to protest and join others who were p!$$ed off...

22nd of Oct ... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Limit individual away support to only two tickets.......Unless you're an entrepreneur 'coach driver' and be allowed as many tickets as it takes to fill your charabanc....... 😉 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×