Sign in to follow this  
The Great Mass Debater

Penalty squabbles

Reflects on the manager really. You need a culture at a club where the management is strong and does not pander to players whims and egos. Hughton did not squash our egos and Solskjaer will have to do it if he wants to achieve anything. 

You need a good manager who gets the right kind of characters in your squad and you stand a chance of getting a good collective team. If incidents like this are happening in full view of everyone, it shows something isn't right in the team. Pogba is a huge ego - and egos need to be squashed, or at least brought into line. If the manager can't do it, then the club really have problems. 

Guardiola and Klopp have got it right...and so has our head coach....the players are subservient to the club and it's fans at these clubs.

Pogba? If I were Solskjaer, I'd ship him out at the earliest opportunity.

Rashford asked Pogba if he wanted, Pogba won the penalty and felt confident he would score. He actually hit it well enough and it was a great save from the keeper. If anything you would have to blame Rashford for not being assertive enough and saying "you've missed 4 now give me the ball". 

It was different with RVW vs Snoddy, RVW had a good penalty record, Snoddy's was only so-so. Also Snoddy should have deferred to the striker. 

The penny has just dropped with me as to how come we got so many decent German players on the cheap, ..........as far as German Football is concerned, they are defective because they can't take very good penalties.😁

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Canary Wundaboy said:

Rashford asked Pogba if he wanted, Pogba won the penalty and felt confident he would score. He actually hit it well enough and it was a great save from the keeper. If anything you would have to blame Rashford for not being assertive enough and saying "you've missed 4 now give me the ball". 

It was different with RVW vs Snoddy, RVW had a good penalty record, Snoddy's was only so-so. Also Snoddy should have deferred to the striker. 

It still annoys me now when someone mentions it....yeah, I know I should move on......but it was a costly bit of Snoddy being me, me, me.......

I met Snoddy a few weeks after the incident and he assured me that he’d never missed a penalty, not even is training. Whilst I find the training point hard to believe, his record must be very good for him to be saying that.

I still think RVW should’ve taken it though....