Sign in to follow this  
Ramrod

Looking Forwards to Chelsea.

38 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

If that's true then Dorrans played best as a winger...

And Martin is a centre back, Martin is a centre back. 

• Haha 1

There’s no reason why we can’t win Saturday, but the likelihood is very slim, I’d bite your hand off for a score draw, but even a toothless Newcastle scored past our defence. This Chelsea side are still a force and no doubt be coming to get the win.

No doubt it should be a good spectacle and with our team firing on all cylinders like last weekend would see a very good and open game, Pukki could well add to his goals and Buendia & Cantwell should look good against a footballing side.

I hope for 2-2 but can see a 3-1 loss.

48 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I've got half a mind to write a book on how to give people a proverbial kick up the backside who can't see what is staring them in the face.  We have a team that is capable of beating any team in the division. Simples.

Not like you to advocate violence. Would have thought you were above that.

Ok, WE CAN BEAT any team in the division, granted, but by the same measure WE CAN  BE BEATEN by any team in the division. Or even a team in the division below. It doesn't take a paragraph of emotive horse shoite to hammer home this really rather simple point. no one is saying its not true,its just not particularly relevant, insightful or interesting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nuff Said said:

I don’t have a problem with Lakey, unlike quite a few posters on here who seem to relish piling on his more contentious statements. But I’ve started skipping through his posts this season as, like you say, almost every one is the same blindly optimistic statement, expressed slightly differently.

Nor me. I quite like his chirpy persona, but his inability to stop stating the bleeding obvious over and over is bordering on OCD*

*Obsessive Compulsive Drivel

17 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:
57 minutes ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

If that's true then Dorrans played best as a winger...

And Martin is a centre back, Martin is a centre back. 

Martin is a centre back.  Oh and just for the record, I never said Dorrans was best as a winger, merely that he could play that role as he had done so earlier in his career.

😛

11 minutes ago, Indy said:

There’s no reason why we can’t win Saturday, but the likelihood is very slim, I’d bite your hand off for a score draw, but even a toothless Newcastle scored past our defence

Leicester were better in their second half against them but still could only manage a draw, albeit they were away. Also, Newcastle is hardly a yardstick to measure by at the moment either. Be interesting to see what comes out of it, a loss and I can see us fans' back to earth with a bump which might temper expectations a little. I'm not saying I want that of course of it's being realistic.

Just now, lake district canary said:

Martin is a centre back.  Oh and just for the record, I never said Dorrans was best as a winger, merely that he could play that role as he had done so earlier in his career.

😛

To be fair to you I do like a bit of **** for tat, maybe you're the new scapegoat we've all been looking for?!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Leicester were better in their second half against them but still could only manage a draw, albeit they were away. Also, Newcastle is hardly a yardstick to measure by at the moment either. Be interesting to see what comes out of it, a loss and I can see us fans' back to earth with a bump which might temper expectations a little. I'm not saying I want that of course of it's being realistic.

Yep, but if we as expected have a go, it will be a very good game, like you can see a defeat. But looking forward to it, better than being in the 3rd division playing away to Gillingham or such like......

4 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Nor me. I quite like his chirpy persona, but his inability to stop stating the bleeding obvious over and over is bordering on OCD*

*Obsessive Compulsive Drivel

Better to state the obvious over and over than keep reading how we these games are somehow not so important because we will likely lose.  I ask you, is that any way to behave to the way the club is at the moment?  

And for that matter, reading that a player will be dropped in favour of a so called better one when the manager time and time again has kept the same players in because the team as a whole is going well.

I'm repeating myself yet again, so I'll leave it for now.....

......but I'll be back!

Our main advantage over them will be our familiarity with each other, knowing instinctively where to pass, run etc. They have assembled 'this seasons squad', playing'this seasons system'. We are what we have been for a while now, a settled squad, playing the same system, relentlessly until the final whistle goes. whether that is enough to beat them, dunno. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Better to state the obvious over and over than keep reading how we these games are somehow not so important because we will likely lose.  I ask you, is that any way to behave to the way the club is at the moment?  

Of course not, and by the way, i have never said or felt that.

3 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

And for that matter, reading that a player will be dropped in favour of a so called better one when the manager time and time again has kept the same players in because the team as a whole is going well.

No he hasn't. DF has changed the team when he feels it necessary,for many different reasons, he has also stated that this season he may change the team depending on opponents. I really can't understand why you are so fixated on this rather nonsensical notion. You must realise that all options must be considered no matter how difficult it is to grasp the topic.

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

I'm repeating myself yet again, so I'll leave it for now.....

Really?

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

.....but I'll be back!

I'm more certain of that than a Victory on Saturday. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Our main advantage over them will be our familiarity with each other, knowing instinctively where to pass, run etc. They have assembled 'this seasons squad', playing'this seasons system'. We are what we have been for a while now, a settled squad, playing the same system, relentlessly until the final whistle goes. whether that is enough to beat them, dunno. 

This is our advantage. A settled starting lineup from last season means we can carry on with the instinctive passing that allows us to move quickly through the thirds. Newcastle couldn't cope with that. Chelsea will be better, especially Kante, but we should get our share of chances and hopefully take them.

It wouldn't surprise me if they come here with a plan to go at us like an express train for the first 20/25 minutes hoping, with their understandable quality to be 1 or 2 up by then. After that they could settle down, stifle us and quieten an expected lively crowd.

Here's hoping we can keep them out for the start of the game then impose ourselves. Either way we are going to have to be on our A game for this.

More like us v Newcastle, less like Liverpool will do. 

If you think about it, we won the second half v Liverpool, we won both halves of the Newcastle game so we’re unbeaten in 120 minutes of football, an LDC type view pint! 😂

Looking forward to this game as for me it's another 'free hit' so we may as well try and win it. It definitely wouldn't be the end of the world should we lose and I fully expect Chelsea to score at least one as clean sheets seem well beyond us no matter who the opposition is. Should be a fascinating midfield battle unlike last week where Newcastle didn't turn up. Chelsea have Pulisic, Kante and Kovacic all world class players feeding Pedro who has the pace to get at our defence. I suspect we'll fall down to earth with a bump but let's enjoy it, it's what the Premier League is all about and why we were so desperate to get here. 

41 minutes ago, Indy said:

If you think about it, we won the second half v Liverpool, we won both halves of the Newcastle game so we’re unbeaten in 120 minutes of football, an LDC type view pint! 😂

That’s 135 minutes isn’t it? 🤨

• Haha 1

People are saying the battle will be won in midfield. Agreed, but at the same time we have goat and also not a terrible defence. I know we give them a lot of flack, probably because of our past experience but again you look at Liverpool and Newcastle I’d say we did a decent job of keeping the scores as they were. Chelsea’s front line is nowhere as competent as Liverpool’s, and their defence isn’t as founded as our forward line is potent. I also think we’re doing a disservice to our central midfield in that Leitner, Buendia and Cantwell are all on form and look at our cup at Chelsea last season, though I appreciate they didn’t put out a full strength back then but in the same vein they’re not now. 

Realistically a draw would be a fair result for both teams when you consider the strengths and weaknesses both sides deploy and in consideration of the games played. The one major plus we have is it’s on home soil and the crowd will be up for this one more than ever before. 

So long as the boys keep their heads and Trybull is on his best game I can see a positive result. Either way, we’re on a hiding to nothing and shouldn’t be scared. 🤷🏻‍♀️

6 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Didn't Klopp say they were on top for an hour, that's 15 minutes of the second half 😉

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Yes as above we won 30 minutes at Anfield.......nah I ****ed it up! 

• Like 1

Pulisic looks like he is getting more up to speed with the prem but I don’t think you have anything to worry about. They are pretty poor upfront. I really don’t rate Abraham’s. Kante is obviously a beast in midfield but I think your lads will be full of confidence. All the pressure is on them. If you put a gun to my head I’d say 1-1 but no reason why you can’t get three points 

• Like 4

Hello again Evertonian, Pulisic looks like once he's fully integrated at Chelsea , he'll be a dangerous player. Kante v Steeps will be interesting, can't wait.  I'd take a draw now , but once the game starts i just want City goals. although i'd be happy with a clean sheet in a nil all draw. The game itself will be exciting whatever the score as we really don't play any other way than how we have in the first two games. 

Maybe other Pinkun posters would join me in getting your Like to post ratio up from 12/16 to  16/16, i think this would make you the first poster ( that i know of at least) that has achieved a higher than 1:1 ratio. I've just got you to 13/16.

12 minutes ago, Yellow Fever said:

I see Lawrenson predicts a 1:2 defeat for us vs Chelsea. Ha ha. Lets prove him wrong all over again! OTBC.

Get in! That’s a hell of a result for us. Every time Lawrenson predicts something bad for us the complete opposite happens. 

7 minutes ago, JF said:

Get in! That’s a hell of a result for us. Every time Lawrenson predicts something bad for us the complete opposite happens. 

Still under Lawrenson's radar :classic_biggrin:

I'm more worried about our visit to the Check-a-Trade....Peoples Pension ......Bewbush......home of the Red Devils on Tuesday night.

Than Frank Lampards ..............