Midlands Yellow

Paul lambert’s Blue and White army

7 minutes ago, City fan said:

Why the hatred for a manager who did so much for City, pathetic. 

Exactly. I’m completely behind him and hope he replicates the success he had with us, with them. It’d be brilliant to see the East Anglian derby as a top flight fixture and even better if it was more competitive and they won a few...

Or...

Give your head a wobble. He was brilliant with us but he jumped ship at the first sniff of a ‘big club’. He has failed miserably everywhere he has been since and we’ve grown (eventually) without him. Ultimately, he’s back where he was before we gave him his break; managing a poor East Anglian team in League One. He has never shown an ounce of loyalty at any club he’s been at and if he never sets foot in Carrow Road again, I wouldn’t be bothered. 

Meanwhile, we’re playing better football than we ever did under him, the club is more ‘together’ than it has ever been and he’s scraping results against AFC Wimbledon with a rag-tag bunch of turd footballers and loanees while blindsiding their support with meaningless platitudes and soundbites. I once got banned from this forum for saying what I really thought..

• Like 16

As the clock strikes midnight and we move into the 3,776th day since they last beat us I can't help wondering why a 'city fan' should reek so strongly of bin...

• Like 1

Didnt he say the best moment of his career was being relegated with Ipswich? 

Went on to say Norwich fans have short memories before having a pop at our fitness coach when we played them. 

Walked down the tunnel still shouting at him. Before publically saying he got the wrong guy. 

Sometimes the comedy just writes itself. 

• Haha 2

I'm not sure what to make of Lambert.

I don't even know if he's a good manager or not. It certainly went right for him at Norwich and was going fairly right for him at Colchester, I guess beforehand but his record at Stoke, Blackburn & Wolves (did I miss anyone out?) is mediocre at best.

He couldn't rescue the sinking ship of Ipswich last season, even though he had quite a long time to do so.

3 hours ago, City fan said:

Why the hatred for a manager who did so much for City, pathetic. 

If we need to explain..... oh, what's the point. 

• Like 1

They won 2-1. Yeah, lucky old ... but they won. 

In the 94th minute too ... remind you of another team? 

Wish them luck (not too much) but East Anglia deserves more than one team in the top two divisions. 

Edited by Surfer

6 hours ago, K Lo said:

I'm not sure what to make of Lambert.

I don't even know if he's a good manager or not. It certainly went right for him at Norwich and was going fairly right for him at Colchester, I guess beforehand but his record at Stoke, Blackburn & Wolves (did I miss anyone out?) is mediocre at best.

He couldn't rescue the sinking ship of Ipswich last season, even though he had quite a long time to do so.

Aston Villa

32 minutes ago, Surfer said:

Wish them luck (not too much) but East Anglia deserves more than one team in the top two divisions. 

I guess it depends on what you define as East Anglia, but Luton are in the Championship don't forget. 

9 hours ago, Duncan Edwards said:

Give your head a wobble. He was brilliant with us but he jumped ship at the first sniff of a ‘big club’. He has failed miserably everywhere he has been since and we’ve grown (eventually) without him. Ultimately, he’s back where he was before we gave him his break; managing a poor East Anglian team in League One. He has never shown an ounce of loyalty at any club he’s been at and if he never sets foot in Carrow Road again, I wouldn’t be bothered.

Exactly this and no more. He like other managers (Bond / Walker) jumped ship at the first opportunity and other successful managers/head coaches at Carrow Road will probably do the same.

PL is a man living on borrowed (or engineered cleverly by him) time at that dump and yes they may get promotion this season (I personally doubt by being top two) but they are hamstrung for many years to come.

This season is purely the start of their next level of decline following the last 17-20 years. Occasional forays into the glamour of the championship then ultimately slipping back down to their level. 

Agent Lambert may be very subtle in his work down there, but he isn't half effective in they way he serves it up.

I loved his tenure at Norwich. Great days those. 

Then he came back with Villa and behaved like an idiot. 

The man is a 1st class bridge burner. 

Other than that I couldn't care less nowadays about him or his present club. 

• Like 1

i for one hope he fails miserably and ends up clubless, scratching around lower league 1 looking for something to do

he showed zero respect for our club on multiple times, especially last years hilarious embarrassment, why should anybody connected with yellow and green show him any respect?

Putting an objective head on it, they've made a good start to the season despite some tough-looking fixtures. They had Judge, Huws and Edwards on the bench last night, all players who looked decent in the Championship. And if Norwood stays fit he'll score plenty.

Also noticed they had nearly 19,000 there last night. I think those of us (myself included!) who were hoping to do a lot of pointing and laughing this season may be disappointed.

Portsmouth, supposedly the best in the League could only draw 3 - 3 with nine man Coventry , doesn’t say much fir the rest of the League 

5 hours ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

I guess it depends on what you define as East Anglia, but Luton are in the Championship don't forget. 

I know Luton were in the old Anglia TV coverage region, but I’d define East Anglian teams to be Norwich, Ipswich, Colchester, Cambridge and maybe Peterborough. Plus all the non-league teams of course. 

6 hours ago, Surfer said:

You forgot Luton. Just saw earlier post, can't get regional itv over here but I know for sure they still cover Luton on BBC east.

Edited by wcorkcanary

They are best forgotten and not really worth starting threads for on this forum. They are going to win more often than not this season in what is a pretty dreadful league but just content yourselves that they are a world away from what we have become - a Premier League club with a brilliant, progressive manager playing incredible football, a squad full of young, talented and high value players, owning our own stadium and selling out our ground every week. 

Whatever they do this season, there is now a chasm between the quality of the two clubs both on and off the pitch. Getting out of league one won't change that. It could be a decade before we play them again.

"They are going to win more often than not this season in what is a pretty dreadful league ......"

and sufficient to keep 'agent' Lambert in the job.

• Like 1