Sign in to follow this  
ncfc-tom

Football index

Just out of pure interest has anybody dared to purchase any NCFC players on the football index and if so how has their stock rose?

21 minutes ago, ncfc-tom said:

Just out of pure interest has anybody dared to purchase any NCFC players on the football index and if so how has their stock rose?

Got 500 shares of Jamal and 500 shares of Ben before the Liverpool game as they were quite low. Jamal is up 10p (good) and Ben is up 3p.

My thought is we are so under the radar that if they do anything good it will see price rises. Max and Emi were already quite high.

I got Max, Jamal and Emi over summer and made a few quid. Then i put it all on James Rodriguez and now down a bit. Hoping he gets a good move in the next week.

36 minutes ago, Bill said:

Put your money on Ponzi

Come out from the bunker Bill...it’s a brave new world out here. 

7 hours ago, Bill said:

A few years ago a friend got involved in a football related investment “ scheme” and he was keen for me to join him. I told him that it seemed to be based on pyramid system and I told him I wasn’t interested. He kept banging on about and in the end it it soured our relationship as he touted other people in our circle of friends.

These schemes prey on the vulnerable....whether  feeble of mind, hard up or just plain greedy.

The is no limit to the lengths  people will go to. I was offered a chance to get back 40k for a 5k investment....what they really wanted was the investment of my contacts, if I could come up with 8 x 5k investors then I was paid up. I said no thanks.... they offered to pay my 5k for me, I still said  no ta.  The whole scheme relies on participants finding other mugs to join in....eventually, many are left without their 5k while those that got in early are paid up. 

It stinks. 

Another has recently surfaced here called an ' investment  flower', the pyramid is depicted as a flower, each 'petal' costs €150... guess what ...you get 8 x €150 investors and get paid out at €1200. Same shoite repackaged. The cops are on the case now, thankfully , as the last scheme caused much distress , hardship and falling out in the community as so many 'late' investors were left high and dry ...minus 5k ..of course.

I only know of one person that behaved decently, was paid up, realised what was happening ' below' him, and attempted to reimburse  his 8 investors... 6 took the cash back...2 still believed they were going to get a bumper bonus...guess what?

They didnt.

8 hours ago, Bill said:

Look it’s Billy no mates!

As it happens I got out of my Jamal and Ben holdings after they got sold to other clubs for not much above break even. The index changed the rules on ‘dividends’ which meant players like ours were never going to be valuable. Didn’t give it much thought for the entirety of this season.

Now I see they’ve changed the rules on dividends again (basically gone to nothing as they can’t afford them) and so the market collapsed. 

Still a chance it gets bought by a gambling company like paddy power who are able to bring confidence back but unlikely. 

9 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Look it’s Billy no mates!

As it happens I got out of my Jamal and Ben holdings after they got sold to other clubs for not much above break even. The index changed the rules on ‘dividends’ which meant players like ours were never going to be valuable. Didn’t give it much thought for the entirety of this season.

Now I see they’ve changed the rules on dividends again (basically gone to nothing as they can’t afford them) and so the market collapsed. 

Still a chance it gets bought by a gambling company like paddy power who are able to bring confidence back but unlikely. 

Don't understand your comment WD40 - He's been proved right. 

• Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Doesnt make him any less of a paranoid pariah though. 

Just because he's paranoid.....doesnt mean theyre not out to get him.

17 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Simply reflecting my view he’s an unpleasant character. 

29 minutes ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Unsurprisingly its the same characters posting personal abuse yet again....... a (mo)rose by any other name etc

comments I made on this previously

Pyramid scam, Ponzi scheme.. call it what you want but that is what it amounts to. The Stock Market has tangible value ie the dividends generated by the company.This doesn''t, it relies on there being an ever increasing amount of idiots prepared to put money in, otherwise where would the ''profit'' come from given how nothing of any financial worth is generated.

Was quite a fun gambling option to have a little flutter on. Unfortunately aware some people have lost £100s of thousands. I'd made some money from it last year but of course with the situation currently all my current porfolio is worth nothing compared to what it was, so unless things change again thats a bad loss!

1 hour ago, Thirsty Lizard said:

Yeah, but when he's proven wrong he's offensive to pretty much everyone and / or leaves the forum for a week in the hope that no-one will remember the ridiculous stuff he posted previously.

I have read through their forums in the past with plenty of people turning out a profit, and know a couple of mates who were enjoying the app, but I have not been touching it for about a year or so now and not really followed this crash at all. 

I had previously had shares in Maddison, but sold them around the time of his ligament injury at the end of his season with us - regrettably! Still turned a healthy profit (about 50%).

Last season I had shares in Buendia, Aarons, Cantwell and Godfrey. I've sold all but the Cantwell shares now. The Buendia and Aarons shares doubled my money, Godfrey only went up slightly. 

Just checked my remaining Cantwell shares, and they've gone up in value 25%, but the selling price is just 3p due to the crash - so looks like I may have lost that balance, unless the market recovers somehow but I doubt it. 

However even factoring in the potentially lost Cantwell shares I will still come out over £200 up.

I think there was a time where the app was a fairly safe investment, but looks like the bubble has burst now - once the trust and goodwill with the consumer goes the house of cards comes tumbling down!

I was lucky to sell most of my shares off at the right time but clearly other people have not been so fortunate. 

On 20/08/2019 at 17:27, WD40 said:

Come out from the bunker Bill...it’s a brave new world out here. 

Took an old post from 18 months ago to bring him out.

Strange that he used a post about him coming out of the bunker in 2019 to make him come out his bunker in 2021.

Someone tell me where that ego scale is as I need to check where he is at currently.

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah, but when he's proven wrong he's offensive to pretty much everyone and / or leaves the forum for a week in the hope that no-one will remember the ridiculous stuff he posted previously.

No, that is just you lying yet again

trying to make the thread about me, not the subject

just as you and the usual handful of logins regularly do -  now why not address the subject matter instead ?

2 minutes ago, Bill said:

No, that is just you lying yet again

trying to make the thread about me, not the subject

just as you and the usual handful of logins regularly do -  now why not address the subject matter instead ?

I did, in my post above.

5 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Took an old post from 18 months ago to bring him out.

Strange that he used a post about him coming out of the bunker in 2019 to make him come out his bunker in 2021.

Someone tell me where that ego scale is as I need to check where he is at currently.

and like Pavlovs dogs, up pops another one of the many logins to add his all too predictable  whine at me

for the record the FI crash has only just occurred

I recall advising against what was an obvious scam, so looked up the post and quoted it

ps I suspect such behaviour will see me demonised as the devil incarnate by the Self Righteous Sisters once again 😭

4 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I did, in my post above.

see, you can if you try

People lose cash in gambling shocker. Whilst I accept it's a source of pain, chasing easy cash is only successful for those offering the service, not the punters.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

see, you can if you try

Uh, you're the one who tried to cheap point-score against @Van wink in this thread:

Whilst being rude and insulting in the process.

Then being proven categorically wrong.

So deciding to avoid the forum for a while in the hope no-one remembers.

Glass houses, and all that.

Just now, dylanisabaddog said:

What's all this got to do with me? 

Nothing, it's just the link to the thread

I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of money some people "invested" in this. Saw on the news earlier that some had put their life savings in.

The marketing for football index was incredible. While being clearly labeled as a gambling company, It's impressive how they convinced people that they were investing in something with absolutely no intrinsic value.

Edited by HertsCanary93

13 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Uh, you're the one who tried to cheap point-score against @Van wink in this thread:

pointing out that hand crank is a liar is maybe cheap as far as you are concerned but is a moral duty as far as I am concerned

and I doubt many will miss that once again of you 'logins' has turned another thread into yet another attempt at a cheap point-score against me

(irony not being your strongest point. I would suggest)

but do carry on. I'm sure your Mary Whitehouse style moral crusade serves some purpose, if only to distract you from poking pins into wax models of other 'unpleasant characters 😈

12 minutes ago, HertsCanary93 said:

I'm absolutely stunned at the amount of money some people "invested" in this. Saw on the news earlier that some had put their life savings in.

The marketing for football index was incredible. While being clearly labeled as a gambling company, It's impressive how they convinced people that they were investing in something with absolutely no intrinsic value.

The warning lights have been flashing from the word go - as this was as clear a Ponzi scheme as ever there was

Where did these numpty 'investors' imagine the money was coming from to pay the dividends, to sponsor shirts, pay for adverts and pay those running the scam ?

The link takes you to quite an informative critique of the mechanics of this scam. As scam is what it is, hence the flogging of more shares just before it's collapse

A worthy read if you have 5 minutes

https://caanberry.com/is-football-index-a-ponzi-scheme/