Flecky10

James Norwood - No words

2 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

Kenny with his MD20/20 was ace though.

Agreed, but at least it was after winning something 🙂

Being signed by giants like ITFC is akin to a lottery win to the likes of James Norwood.

It seems to have gone to his head.

The problem he now has is living up to the expectations of the binner fan base.

Having started off as their 'Grant Holt' figure his recent hat-trick in pre-season has seen him metamorphosised  in to a player of Messi-like proportions.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, particularly as nothing ever seems to go right for that impoverished lot.

As a fan of 90's WWE I found it quite funny. We're not immune to cringe worthy social media content- the Pukki/Best Fiends thing from this summer for example was horrific.

8 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Being signed by giants like ITFC is akin to a lottery win to the likes of James Norwood.

It seems to have gone to his head.

The problem he now has is living up to the expectations of the binner fan base.

Having started off as their 'Grant Holt' figure his recent hat-trick in pre-season has seen him metamorphosised  in to a player of Messi-like proportions.

It will be interesting to see how it all unfolds, particularly as nothing ever seems to go right for that impoverished lot.

Unfortunately one look at the league 1 table tells you that it is a weak league with very few decent sides in it and the sc*m are going to be up there this season. They would have to mess up hugely not to be. They have 3 easy games now on the trot so probably within a couple of weeks will be in the top 3 or 4.

It would be one of the funniest things ever if they fail to get back up this season, it really would. We should assume they will and then if they fail its a major bonus.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

It would be one of the funniest things ever if they fail to get back up this season, it really would. We should assume they will and then if they fail its a major bonus.

It's a funny old game and nothing is certain so will be interesting to see how the league progresses.  Ultimately though, couldn't really care less about Ip**** and agree with a lot of comments about them being insignificant.

I have always considered that, realistically, they have more chance of coming straight back up this season than we have of surviving.

However we have, even after so very few games, now a right to feel more optimistic whilst their start has hardly been barn-storming.

Even so, the prospects for them  next season at best, is for more Championship mediocrity whilst ours, at worst, will likely be maintaining our status as a yo-yo club.

• Confused 1

4 minutes ago, Flecky10 said:

It's a funny old game and nothing is certain so will be interesting to see how the league progresses.  Ultimately though, couldn't really care less about Ip**** and agree with a lot of comments about them being insignificant.

They'll never be insignificant Flecky as they are our historical rivals and as such a lot of bad feeling, as well as good banter, has transpired between the two sets of supporters over the years. It's especially fun, therefore, when we rule the roost in the way we do. 

We should of course always respect that "gap" though as that is far from insignificant. 

5 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

We should of course always respect that "gap" though as that is far from insignificant. 

I personally think the "gap" will remain in terms of status and financial stability for the foreseeable future and that has been mostly down to the great divide increasing between the Premier League and some would argue now the Championship.  There is an increasing amount of clubs in financial trouble, most notably Bolton Wanders, who have great history in the game and for whatever reason are struggling to survive. 

We have been fortunate to remain on the side that allows us to both compete and be financial secure and long may it continue but for those less fortunate it`ll be a long hard struggle to get out of where they find themselves.

37 minutes ago, Flecky10 said:

Ultimately though, couldn't really care less about Ip**** and agree with a lot of comments about them being insignificant.

Perhaps you are a little younger than me, when I was a kid they were up there and we were still struggling to get a foothold in the old First Division. 

My first trip to the tip, was a 4-0 defeat, and it hurt, they will never be insignificant in my eyes.

• Like 1

If he wanted to create a more naff image of himself to the public at large, he couldn't have done better.  In whose world is trying to pour two cans of beer down your neck showing anything other than childish stupidity?  Ok, so some might think "cor, what a lad" but to most people looking in, it just looks pathetic - and not an image a football club should want to see from one of it's employees.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

not an image a football club should want to see from one of it's employees.

Total agree.

Not to worry, they won’t be showing that graphic very much this season anyway 😊

Fat. Bald. Journeyman. 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

Perhaps you are a little younger than me, when I was a kid they were up there and we were still struggling to get a foothold in the old First Division. 

My first trip to the tip, was a 4-0 defeat, and it hurt, they will never be insignificant in my eyes.

Perhaps I am as my first game was a 2 - 2 home draw with Liverpool back in Feb 94 and so since then have seen relatively strong success over them.

Norwood was on trial at Exeter in 2009 when hunger struck.

He was sitting on the bench when he nipped to a nearby food stand, returning with a Diet Coke and a hot dog.

"League One footballer!" Exeter manager Paul Tisdale is said to have screamed at him.

"For me it was nothing out of the ordinary," Norwood said in a recent interview with The Times.

I think this is being blown out of proportion a bit. It's just a nod to Stone Cold Steve Austin, who was idolised by lots of kids and teenagers in the late 90s and early 00s. If this was done by a Burton, Rotherham or Plymouth player then we wouldn't really bat an eyelid.

Saying that though, throwing beer around like that doesn't send a great message from a professional football club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Flecky10 said:

Perhaps I am as my first game was a 2 - 2 home draw with Liverpool back in Feb 94 and so since then have seen relatively strong success over them.

Mine was March/April 75 a 1-1 draw at Millwall. The following years saw 1p5wich dominate East Anglian football under Bobby Robson .... credit where due, they were a great side, but they weren't mine and as we've grown over the years, they've gone backwards. 

Long may it continue....

• Like 2

Christ the sense of humour bypass here is quite something.

'Not a great look.'

One of our players was hammered on the town hall balcony at about 10am. It was funny and was treated as such.

Norwood is probably a **** but its a light-hearted gif. Chill out. 

2 hours ago, king canary said:

As a fan of 90's WWE I found it quite funny. We're not immune to cringe worthy social media content- the Pukki/Best Fiends thing from this summer for example was horrific.

I agree! Best goal GIF I've ever seen! Who cares that it's for Ipswich? Not me! I just think that it's kinda funny

• Like 1

Plus, all that booze, him and Lambert will get on like a public house on fire.

Which, coincidentally, is also probably the only thing in the world that would make them rush in and try and put the blaze out.

Edited by BobLoz3

3 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I have always considered that, realistically, they have more chance of coming straight back up this season than we have of surviving.

However we have, even after so very few games, now a right to feel more optimistic whilst their start has hardly been barn-storming.

Even so, the prospects for them  next season at best, is for more Championship mediocrity whilst ours, at worst, will likely be maintaining our status as a yo-yo club.

Don’t know why you think that . Ipswich to be promoted 5/2 and Norwich 1/2 to stay up . Even at the start of of the season we were odds on to stay up . 

Perhaps so, but historically it would seem easier to bounce back from Championship relegation than survive that first season in the Premier League. No doubt statistics will refute this but I really think that we started the season with the tougher job of the two.

Especially as the PL now seems to be spending more on so-called 'big names' by the season and two sides in League One starting the season with a negative haul.

Edited by BroadstairsR

23 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Perhaps so, but historically it would seem easier to bounce back from Championship relegation than survive that first season in the Premier League. No doubt statistics will refute this but I really think that we started the season with the tougher job of the two.

Especially as the PL now seems to be spending more on so-called 'big names' by the season and two sides in League One starting the season with a negative haul.

Yes but Ipswich are AWFUL.

And we're... Pretty decent.

Also, who is PL's 'big name'?? Norwood?! 😉