Sign in to follow this  
Smeg

Warnock, what match was he watching?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/southyorkshire/football_heaven/matchcentre.shtml

listen to warnocks interview, apperently all the goals are comedy, ashton has no pace, they dominated a game against our supposed better players they lost the game rather then we won it, he didnt like comments made by are bench we celebrated like we won the league and we had to change our formation to compete with them by holding in midfield and putting a centre half in midfield, and warnock feels that ginger pele is related to the ref!!!

what a numptey

this man is a first class prune (to put it VERY politely), apparently he was f ing and blinding on local radio, and as for ashton saying he has no pace, then why do you want to buy him????????

fool

Colin is getting a bit edgy isn''t he? His team look decidely catchable now and it looks like its starting to show Big Smile [:D]

Come on you yellows

Smacks of sour grapes....probably from realising he is never going to sign any of our players. Unbelievable how he can say Ashton is a poor, slow player less than a week after proclaiming that he wants to sign him.

That really is whinging of the finest quality, well Neil I can''t wait for your lot to come down to Carrow Road as well so we can do you again

cant wait to see what happens if they get to the premiership!

<dreamland> oh well we played chelsea off the park, their 10 goals were total flukes, that lampard wouldnt even get in my reserve team, paddy kenny isnt over weight hes just big boned, my defender didnt deserve to get sent off the ref ran into his fist he didnt punch him, we are the best footballing side in the league, never heard of long ball </dreamland>

what really got my goat was his claim about us changing our tactics and formation to deal with them.

he was refering to Simon Charlton playing in midfield, his belief this was a defenisve move on worthys part, not the fact that were about two injuries away from calling up the u-14`s!

the BBC website says

"Sheffield United lost their unbeaten record after a bizarre own goal from Chris Morgan.

With the game still open at 2-1, Morgan somehow turned the ball into his net when a Dean Ashton shot had been heading wide.

The Blades earlier took the lead in the 22nd minute when Paul Jagielka headed home David Unsworth''s cross.

Norwich then scored twice against the run of play, through Paul McVeigh and then Ashton before the late own goal."

against the run of play?? from what i heard on the radio we were all over them!

i just think the BBC doesn''t like norwich...

My heart bleeds for Warnock!

No sane norwich player would ever go there, there not going up, we beat them and you lost. Take it on the chin. Is it me or did that interview sound like Arsene Winger after the chelsea game.

Colin''s just being himself isn''t he, and he probably is thinking "maybe I should''ve gone to Pompey". He always has loads to say and he always feels wronged by the ref and the other side if he hasn''t won, in the same way that we all troop out of Carrow Rd or the away grounds (and my hat I never wear is resoundingly off to those of you who keep going away this season, top commitment in the face of crap team response) muttering oaths about Worthy or the players who didn''t perform, and (mostly) want the same folk to do better next time not be dumped. There''s a long way to go yet of course, but we''re looking better than we have all season, finally. Bit peeved Saf got himself booked shortly after being warned today so he ruled himself out of next game, but that''s not the instant disaster for the next game it would have felt a while back. The  team is happening at last, and I wouldn''t mind at all if Rossi Jarvis gets the chance to make a start against Burnley. Burnley at home, remember last time? Crouch and Hucks first game for us, ah yes, the beginning of better times and a cohesive, effective side, which is where we seem to be now (infuriating inability to not concede a goal first aside)........

[quote user="BUC in Padova"]

Smacks of sour grapes....probably from

realising he is never going to sign any of our players. Unbelievable

how he can say Ashton is a poor, slow player less than a week after

proclaiming that he wants to sign him.

[/quote]Radio Norfolk had an interview with him where he said it was a bit tongue in cheek and that he could never afford Ashton.

He just has a total lack of any class. It''s just sour grapes at being stuffed at home by a team managed by an ex-Wednesday player.

warnock overdid it as usual, but there was some truth in what he said. city did a classic ''smash and grab'' yesterday on his stuttering team.after going 1 up, he must have been severely juiced off to see his team mostly dominate the match, only to see 2 great pieces of skill by wly & deano and farcial own goal do him.colin was right about his teams comedy defending, out 2 front boys both broke clear to score with well timed runs.

[quote user="lucky green trainers"]warnock overdid it as usual, but there was some truth in what he said. city did a classic ''smash and grab'' yesterday on his stuttering team.

after going 1 up, he must have been severely juiced off to see his team mostly dominate the match, only to see 2 great pieces of skill by wly & deano and farcial own goal do him.

colin was right about his teams comedy defending, out 2 front boys both broke clear to score with well timed runs.

[/quote]

United had more posession, but they didn''t do an awful lot with it. They looked vaguely dangerous on the break and from set pieces, but had few clear chances - in fact, we had exactly the same number of shots on goal (I think that''s what the stats in the paper said, anyway). The rest of the time it was typical Warnock "hit adn hope" - hoof it up field and hope that Shipperley can con the idiot ref into giving him a free kick (which surprisingly worked more often than not).

If you think the BBC South Yorks website is biased, you should check out the report in the Sheffield Star. Apparently McVeigh and Hucks were badly goading the idiot united supporters after the first goal, Norwich had no lass, it was all United, they should have won by more, Norwich have no skill etc etc etc. It really wound me up. The reporter''s email address was printed in the paper, so I might drop him a line and politely ask which match he was watching - talk about one-eyed!

I agree with Worthy''s assessment that United are far further up the League than perhaps they should be - on yesterday''s evidence, they don''t look a great side. Hopefully they''ll do their usual thing of blowing up in the second half of the season and slipping down the league. Then Warnock really will have something to whine about, the patronising, arrogant tool!

Now it may be just me getting old or having too much to drink at Christmas, but weren''t Sheffy Utd about five points clear of Reading not so very long ago? And aren''t they now about 11 points adrift of Reading? Maybe this is the reason why Mr Warnock is getting a bit shirty?

3-1 3-1 3-1 Mr Warnock!!!!!!!!