Sign in to follow this  
norwichsteve

Our style and possession game. How much possession will we average?

So far so good. Do we change for anyone? The Liverpool game leads me to believe we don't. Man City is another level above them. I think we'll probably sit in more for them.

I think we will average about 51% possession this year. 

Welcome steve, I'm not big on stats tbh, I'm happy for us to give it our best shot, as long as we give it 100% I don't think that anyone will complain. 

So far we've played the best Team in Europe and the worst Team in the Premier League, so it's difficult to gauge where we are. 

One thing I will say is that we have momentum and a feel good factor around the Club which will carry us beyond Man City, regardless of results. 

5 hours ago, splendidrush said:

So far we've played the best Team in Europe and the worst Team in the Premier League, so it's difficult to gauge where we are. 

Somewhere in between  I reckon.

• Like 1

Not convinced that if we had more than 2 fit cbs against Liverpool we wouldn’t have played 5 at the back.

Would love to be proved wrong but I am guessing if we play this way against Man City we could be in for a right beating.

8 minutes ago, Well b back said:

Not convinced that if we had more than 2 fit cbs against Liverpool we wouldn’t have played 5 at the back.

Would love to be proved wrong but I am guessing if we play this way against Man City we could be in for a right beating.

DF/SW have said that we might get some beatings this season but we will not be changing our philosophy, I'm good with that. 

Man City will not define our season, the reason they're Champions is that they beat everybody, so we may as well go out, enjoy the challenge, in the knowledge that no other Club is likely to do any better. 

1 hour ago, splendidrush said:

DF/SW have said that we might get some beatings this season but we will not be changing our philosophy, I'm good with that. 

Man City will not define our season, the reason they're Champions is that they beat everybody, so we may as well go out, enjoy the challenge, in the knowledge that no other Club is likely to do any better. 

I just hope we go out and play with the same attacking style against them too. It's great to watch and, as the top men have said, we won't be changing our style.

At least that would ensure that Pep doesn't have to have a quiet 'word' with any of our players 😊

I’ve got to say that Newcastle didn’t look the ‘worst team in the PL’ against Arsenal? Maybe we just made them look that bad because we were so dominant? 

• Like 1

I think outside of the top 6 and Leicester, we look to be the most comfortable side in possession in the league and play some of the best football.

13 hours ago, splendidrush said:

Definitely one of those free hits ..by all means have a go at home but away, would like us to park a Mourinho style bus and keep the goal difference down.   Perhaps hit them late to get a point or 3.    

Wonder how many points our support will be worth this season, especially at home!

OTBC.