Sign in to follow this  
nutty nigel

Things you love to see...

Thanks for that NN. I think a lot of us saw that it was Pukki who got back, but I had no idea where he had started from and now I am even more impressed. In some ways this was my favourite moment of the match, certainly up there with all his goals.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, SwindonCanary said:

He had his Newcastle view on !

Name one occasion  In  the last 20 years that he hasn't.  He was a good striker, nothing more,his stint at manager was embarrassing.  He thought he could step in and by virtue of being Alan Shearer , would save them.  Massive  ego that is   never challenged on his analysis. Totally irrelevant tv talking head. Might as well have someone off grumpy old me or it was alright in tbe 70s.

Shearer what's the score, Shearer Shearer what's the score?....best  chant I've heard so far this season. 

• Like 3

As much as I enjoy our style of football that kind of workrate and commitment should be at the core of the clubs new philosophy. For me that was the difference between last season and the one before, the workrate and mentality of our forward 4 players, it set the tone for everything else we did well. I appreciate our pressing and work rate just as much as our one touch attacking play. Don't recall us ever having a team so likeable and easy to support. 

15 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Wus gorn on? he orta be a scoren instedder orl thet old squit.

quite roight

where's the fomashun there

we carnta 'av players a runnin' about all over the pitch he should stay on top where he s'poosed ta be

Love that clip, and remember it well from Saturday sat in the Barclay.

It was interesting to hear that in an interview with Pukki he explained that he has been coached to keep himself in the game by tracking back when needed and being more involved throughout the game. 

One thing we know is that he isn't a lazy 'stay up front' kind of forward. Love it!

Think Leitner said we wanted to win for the fans...... those players know the quality of support they are getting and it seems they want to show their appreciation every time they play.....

When a club has that commitment and dynamic, there are few limits!     

OTBC...

All over the pitch they were superb, even in the few moments where we wobbled there’s always someone trying to bust a gut to get there......great team spirit and fitness.