Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

Paul Merson on Pukki and NCFC...

‘I watched him play against Liverpool and I thought: He is going to score goals. His movement is absolutely different class.

The way they play - attack, attack, attack - he will score goals. And I will now be shocked if they do not stay up. The reason I say that is because he will score 20-25 goals and how many teams have ever gone down with a player who scored that many goals?

I watched them play last season and worried for them in the Premier League - they were great on the eye, but terrible at the back. And I thought: I hope they do not come up and play 4-5-1.

And they have not, they have stuck by their guns, they went to Liverpool and had a go, created chances, and they easily beat Newcastle. And fair play to them.’

‘But when you have movement like that - 1) you have to have someone to find you, which they have, and 2) someone to put the ball in the back of the net, which they have as well.’

‘I look at them and I look at Aston Villa and think - who is going to score their goals? If Pukki had been playing for them, they would have beaten Bournemouth on Saturday.

And that is it, you need firepower to stay up.’

Complimentary words from Merse in his Sky Sports column today, nice to read. Keeping Pukki fit will be key to our season I feel.

• Like 1

It'll be funny if we're doing ok in a few months watching all the usual hogwash change their tunes. This is a prime example, Pukki's scored 4 goals and now we're certain to stay up??! Come on...

• Haha 1

Should Norwich and Sheffield Utd stay up this year then this is really starting a trend that the teams coming up that have built infrastructure and a system ( Wolves last year ) and more are going to stay up. This will of course cause huge problems for clubs that are ‘ established ‘ and then find their way back in the Championship with huge wage bills and worthless players ( in comparison to how much they cost ). 

The EPL needs to start enforcing FFP before several clubs collapse.

Hmm... Nice to hear, admittedly but I'm still in this camp...

Just stick with what we've been saying all along and pay no attention to pundits!

• Like 1

So how are we doing compared to that BT sports season prediction?

i recall they had us down for a thrashing at Liverpool, so that bit was wrong, can’t remember what was predicted against Newcastle

2 minutes ago, Van wink said:

i recall they had us down for a thrashing at Liverpool, so that bit was wrong

It was?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

It was?

Indeed it was....see Norwich v Newcastle....now that was  what I call a thrashing.

Edited by Van wink
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Van wink said:

So how are we doing compared to that BT sports season prediction?

i recall they had us down for a thrashing at Liverpool, so that bit was wrong, can’t remember what was predicted against Newcastle

Well, we got beaten but I wouldn't say it was a thrashing. We've discussed this, though, and now we move on.

I don't tend to read the predictions but I did read something that Lawrenson said about us V Newcastle and he predicted an away win. Umm... OK!

As we've said... Let's ignore the noise. We shouldn't get too carried away with this win either. The players and coaching team certainly won't be!

Edited by BobLoz3

3 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Indeed it was....see Norwich v Newcastle....now that was  what I call a thrashing.

I'd call being 4-0 down after 45 minutes a thrashing to be honest, but each to their own.

• Like 3

I’ll predict the pundits this weekend...

If come Saturday at 2:15 we’ve lost to Chelsea then the pundits will be back to form and saying ‘I fear for Norwich this season’

However, if we were to beat Chelsea, you can bet your life that there will one or two murmurings of ‘Norwich the outside surprise package for Europa League this season?’

If we draw, then your guess is as good as mine folks!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

‘Norwich the outside surprise package for Europa League this season?’

Europa League?? Title Alex.. where's your ambition??

Edited by Half Ar5ed Hipster
Jittery fingers
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Half Ar5ed Hipster said:

Europa League?? Title Alex.. where's your ambition??

I’ll 100% know at 2:15pm on Saturday, Hipster 😉

The BT Sport prediction had farke batting away Europa league questions after 8 games!

They know don’t they? The fix must be in, how else could we beat Frank Lampard’s Chelsea? 

It’s a good job it’s a lunch time kick off, apparently the lights went out in the Chelsea dressing room at half time against Leicester! What is it with Lampard, god of electricity 

7 minutes ago, JF said:

It’s a good job it’s a lunch time kick off, apparently the lights went out in the Chelsea dressing room at half time against Leicester! What is it with Lampard, god of electricity 

Fortunately, Abramovich gave the green light to pump in another £2 into the meter just in the nick of time

3 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

I’ll predict the pundits this weekend...

If come Saturday at 2:15 we’ve lost to Chelsea then the pundits will be back to form and saying ‘I fear for Norwich this season’

However, if we were to beat Chelsea, you can bet your life that there will one or two murmurings of ‘Norwich the outside surprise package for Europa League this season?’

If we draw, then your guess is as good as mine folks!

No chance. It'll be 'Lampard's got some serious problems to sort out, being beaten by lowly Norwich'.

LAWRO'S PREDICTIONS

All kick-offs 15:00 BST unless stated.

Norwich City 12:30 Chelsea

Norwich got lucky against Newcastle last Saturday. Pukki's wild hoof at the ball in the 1st half would have gone over the stand 99 times out of 100 whilst Newcastle would have got a deserved equaliser through Joelinton's bullet like header had the goalposts at Carrow Road been in the correct position.

I don't get the fuss about Pukki. He's got lucky four times this season, he won't do it again whilst the Norwich lads and their mates who make up the team under manager David Fork will struggle against Kerry Dixon's power and the pace of Pat Nevin on the wing.

Norwich 0 Chelsea 3

• Like 2
  • Haha 10