Sign in to follow this  
At last?

Worthy out

and how would you describe worthy''s performance in the last 40 or so city games?? good bad??  not playin mcveigh, rating hughes?? all those long ball home matches we lost?? what happens if we lose to burnly???

why has it taken him 22 games to get it righht?? why does he say that hard work won us thyat match whewn it was a bit of luck with the og and some class from mcveigh and ashton?? plus some top defending

[quote user="Paul Rankin"]

and how would you describe worthy''s performance in the last 40 or so city games?? good bad??  not playin mcveigh, rating hughes?? all those long ball home matches we lost?? what happens if we lose to burnly???

why has it taken him 22 games to get it righht?? why does he say that hard work won us thyat match whewn it was a bit of luck with the og and some class from mcveigh and ashton?? plus some top defending

[/quote]

Sore winner.... Party!!! [<:o)]

What happens if we lose to Burnley? Well, I expect you''ll cheer up a bit, won''t you?

i am very happy at the moment just worried at who is gonna be in the squad come the end of january.

worthy''s neck has been saved by a player he would offloaded in an instant before now so we could sign another clogger.  lets hope he doesnt waste the ashton cash??

would you be happy with

jonaton johanson

kevin lisbie

linvoy primus

dickson etuhu

carl robinson

As the ashton cash signings?????

Paul Rankin, had you been to the match V Sheff Utd you would''ve seen how hard work won us that match. We weren''t great V sheff Utd, and we had to dig bloody deep to stay in the match. Our defence was outstanding, and so was our midfield trio of Safri, Charlton and Robinson (although Robinson was a bit annymous for most of the game although he assited McVeigh for the goal). We were under the cosh for most of the game, but dug in , won a hell of the lot of the ball, Doc and Flem were outstanding at the back - as was Colin with no right midfield protection for a lot of the game, and Drury was excellent too (when not on the ball...). Safri, in particular was excellent, breaking up Sheff Utd''s attacks, and I thought Charlton got stuck in and showed excellent committment. McVeigh and Ashton worked hard up front, and I thought Ashton won a hell of a lot in the air (apart from when the ball was played straight and he had a defender right behind him), with little McVeigh making a lot of runs. All in all, had we not worked very hard, I don''t think we would''ve won that game. I don''t think we were great, but committment wise, we were superb. Keep that up and top 6 will follow.

its good to here that the boys put in a good performance.  and i for one am happy that the commitment was there.  BUT it takes a bit of quality to get the goals. its no surprise that since mcveigh has been in the team we have finally started to score more goals - instaed of only having hucks creating we now have 2 plaqyers who can help do that little bit extra to create a goal.

i have seen a lot of commitment and hard work all season we have just lacked that little bit extra.

goals change games and until recently we had 23 in 23 games we finally are scoring more and now the results come...

Poirot, Paul expects us to go away to an unbeaten side, and play them off the park winning 5-0, and even then it would be down to luck.

In this division you don''t dominate away games, you go there to take 3 points anyway that is possible. In the last 2 weeks we have played some of the best football for years vs Southampton, and then come up to one of the top teams in the division and fought a hard earned victory.

Yes, a month ago, Worthy and the team deserved to be critisised. But now we have played some good performances, you have nothing to moan at so you have to make up some trash of if''s and but''s -

What IF ashton goes, WHO will worthy buy......worthy will buy rubbish....

Don''t confuse the lad with facts, Poirot. He''s desperately hanging on to a faltering bandwagon, trying to stoke it up, but struggling at the moment. It''s laughable, the attempts to spin the facts to suit the anti-Worthy thesis. Just leave it, give credit where it''s due (for example, Worthy hung onto WLY despite his lack of commitment, and even threats to ship him out: Worthy also signed Ashton, and Safri, and Doherty, and almost all the side Paul didn''t see at Bramall Lane) and accept that you misjudged things a little. There are valid criticisms of Worthy, but most of yours don''t qualify I''m afraid Paul. You just turn people off with your inaccuracies.