NICK07

Manchester City Tickets

I tried to get tickets this morning for Manchester City, but sadly no joy. i did manage to get 1 ticket in my basket, but sadly that's no good when you are trying to get 2 tickets for the match. Anyway from the experience of the sales for the Newcastle and Chelsea matches, is there any chance of tickets popping up for sale at a later date?

Just now, king canary said:

For home games I think there is due to the buy back scheme. What level of membership do you have?

Home Premier Membership.

2 minutes ago, NICK07 said:

Home Premier Membership.

I think its also worth trying over the phone as they may have some held back for that method of sale. 

Also online basket will empty after 15 minutes I think so you may get some coming back available in a few minutes.

I had 3 tickets in my basket, but went to pay and the screen chucked me out due to being on the website over 30 minutes! How can that be right. My 3 x £50 membership looking very good value!!!

I’m sure one year ( a few promotions ago) we were guaranteed a grade 1, 2 & 3 match, so at least we could go to 3 home matches.

It’s the frustration that get you.

OTBC

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I think its also worth trying over the phone as they may have some held back for that method of sale. 

Also online basket will empty after 15 minutes I think so you may get some coming back available in a few minutes.

Noted thanks.  Is is worth phoning a few days before the match or now?

8 minutes ago, NICK07 said:

Noted thanks.  Is is worth phoning a few days before the match or now?

I'd say try now and then just keep checking the website for buy backs.

1 minute ago, king canary said:

I'd say try now and then just keep checking the website for buy backs.

OK will do.

Think it’s just going to be one of those things this year - I’ve got my own s/t but my 12 year-old has his membership so will go when possible.  I was lucky and sailed through without even queuing last time but had to wait 35mins today, then there was v little left and whenever I clicked a block whatever had been there seemed to have gone....c’est la vie, I guess it’s keep an eye out for returns (Man C are unlikely to give any back, either).

Without meaning to cover old ground it is just a bad system.

It also hugely benefits people with desk jobs who can be online/by a phone at 9am morning of the tickets going on sale.

Currently in Cyprus and even being 2 hours in front didn’t help!

Still, 3 points in the bag this weekend has certainly helped the mood, especially with a Villa fan next door 😀

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Without meaning to cover old ground it is just a bad system.

It also hugely benefits people with desk jobs who can be online/by a phone at 9am morning of the tickets going on sale.

I've got an office job, but it didn't do me any favours.

I've got a season ticket, but my Dad who lives a few hundred miles away has a membership so tries to get back to games and to make a weekend of it, so I can conveniently order tickets at my desk.

Same as another poster in that on my previous attempt this season (Newcastle), I only had 2-3 minutes queue when logging on at 9.02am - this despite people logging on at/before 9am joining longer queues and being greeted with sold out messages.

This time I logged on before 9am, joined a queue which was 45 minutes, was shown limited availability in 3 blocks (1 CIty Stand, 1 South Stand and 1 Community Stand), but when clicking there were none left.

The point you join the queue appears to be entirely random.

Edited by CaptCanary
typo