Like others, I think Amadou will get his chance in the cup game along with McLean, Vrančić, Tettey (sharing match time with Amadou), Roberts, Srbeny, Idah, Byram and Heise. Aarons broke into the first team after a good performance in the first cup game and took over from Pinto after that. It's a chance to stake a claim.

Edited by Yelloow Since 72

I do love Farke’s man management in situations like this. Amadou needs to get to know his team mates and prove his worth before getting a chance, which is exactly how it should be. Especially when the squad did the job superbly (aside of the consolation) 

On 20/08/2019 at 22:23, TeemuVanBasten said:

Well at least I now know that BobLoz3 is a bit overly sensitive. 

My point more than anything is that Krul had a shaky start but grew in confidence massively, so don't be too quick to rush to judgement on this German fella. 

Vrancic another who needed time to make an impact. The new players will grow in confidence and improve under Farke, that's what makes him a special manager and us a special club right now. 

Yes my username was chosen a few days before that goal, prophetic!  

Not overly sensitive as such, just very quick to point things out if I think they're wrong. Especially if they're about my character or thoughts. Reason being, is that I think I know more about myself than a lot of subjects 😉

I won't be writing Fahrmann off, don't worry about that. I am quite au fait with his ability. I was excited when we signed him but I always thought Krul would retain the jersey, if not simply for that fact that he's got more of an understanding with the defence but also because I think he deserves it. He is definitely better with his feet thann Fahrmann too, imo. Which is integral to this side.

I really like the way Farke is rewarding the side from last season and sticking with them for the most part. As long as we keep getting results then no reason to change things, I guess!

The Amadou situation is nothing new. 

I remember as long ago as Andy Townsend when he was a very big signing for us from Southampton. Signed in August, made his debut as sub in September but did not start a game until late October. We had only lost one game in the first eight of the season. He then established himself and went on to be a very good player for us. 

If it aint broke, don't mend it.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Yellow Wal said:

If  a part of the machine  is not up to the standard of the rest of the machine and replacement part is on the shelf, waiting?

5 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

If  a part of the machine  is not up to the standard of the rest of the machine and replacement part is on the shelf, waiting?

Altering any part of a functioning machine risks changing the output. Most have the luxury of being able to test those changes. Changing what is perceived to be faulty, may improve the output or you might find something goes awry elsewhere. 

8 minutes ago, WD40 said:

Altering any part of a functioning machine risks changing the output. Most have the luxury of being able to test those changes. Changing what is perceived to be faulty, may improve the output or you might find something goes awry elsewhere. 

Very true, but isn't bravery a very big part of the philosophy  of the running of this particular machine. This  machine  needs to be more than functional .

Maybe we  need a vital cog to return?

Edited by wcorkcanary

3 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Very true, but isn't bravery a very big part of the philosophy  of the running of this particular machine. This  machine  needs to be more than functional .

But so is trust, faith and reward for hard work. I’m no Hanley fan and he’s certainly not proven at this level but he will get more time. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, WD40 said:
7 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

But so is trust, faith and reward for hard work. I’m no Hanley fan and he’s certainly not proven at this level but he will get more time.  

Phew, glad I'm not the only one who can see it. 

Just now, WD40 said:

Oh, we're  talking about  Hanley, In that case keep him in as long as the rest of the team keep performing  , its his shirt to lose, DF wont replace him unless  injured, etc etc ad infinitum .

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Phew, glad I'm not the only one who can see it. 

Hes the best we have, fit ,in that position  , at the moment,  that's as far as it goes. Bye again Lakeyo.

1 minute ago, wcorkcanary said:

Oh, we're  talking about  Hanley, In that case keep him in as long as the rest of the team keep performing  , its his shirt to lose, DF wont replace him unless  injured, etc etc ad infinitum .

Sorry I may have thought I was commenting on another thread! Feel like we’re having the same debate on about 4 threads 

1 minute ago, WD40 said:

Sorry I may have thought I was commenting on another thread! Feel like we’re having the same debate on about 4 threads 

Now who on God's flat earth would cause that? If countered on one thread, take your unfounded  arguement on to another.  At least with Morto gone  theres no one to follow  him around keeping it going too long.

2 hours ago, Yellow Wal said:

The Amadou situation is nothing new. 

I remember as long ago as Andy Townsend when he was a very big signing for us from Southampton. Signed in August, made his debut as sub in September but did not start a game until late October. We had only lost one game in the first eight of the season. He then established himself and went on to be a very good player for us. 

If it isn’t broke, improve it.

On 19/08/2019 at 17:37, WD40 said:

Pretty sure that would be a Vrancic / Amadou centre mid pairing.

Roberts / Srbeny / McLean in front of them

Then Idah or Drmic up top.

Mouth watering!

As predicted 🙂

3C33980A-1BD4-40EA-8325-C7AC80D243BD.jpeg

Edited by WD40